ADVERTISEMENT

Kolat vs. RBY- Whose Back Flip is Best??? (Video)

Kolat got the two quicker. Kolat lookes bigger but they are effectively the same size.....133 vs 135. Kolat was in a big match.

They both make me dizzy and give me knee pains.

Do folks actually practice that with someone hanging on or is it instinct?

Last edited:
I'm going with RBY, because his positional awareness seems better. After he lands on two hands, he is already looking for the legs, balances on his left hand and reaches up for the trip with his right hand. Kolat pops up off of both hands before he initiates the next move.

Johnny Bonilla-Bowman from Hofstra premised his college career on hitting that flip almost every time someone got in on him I don’t think I ever saw someone do it again up until RBY did it last week

Reactions: diggerpup
I'm going with RBY, because his positional awareness seems better. After he lands on two hands, he is already looking for the legs, balances on his left hand and reaches up for the trip with his right hand. Kolat pops up off of both hands before he initiates the next move.

RBY’s opponent had much better positional awareness than Cary’s too. he fought for it.

For me I have to say Kolat's for 2 reasons.
1. I was at Hershey to witness Kolat's move in person, which I had never seen before.
2. The interest that supposedly Kolat had not given up a takedown in his senior year.
I have never confirmed that statement but that was being discussed going into his 4th gold medal match.
So as you can imagine it just added to Kolat's mystic when he pulled off the move.

For me I have to say Kolat's for 2 reasons.
1. I was at Hershey to witness Kolat's move in person, which I had never seen before.
2. The interest that supposedly Kolat had not given up a takedown in his senior year.
I have never confirmed that statement but that was being discussed going into his 4th gold medal match.
So as you can imagine it just added to Kolat's mystic when he pulled off the move.
penn-state-practice-november-5-2014-d67130d53c3188d6.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT