ADVERTISEMENT

Kirk C. back as Gopher OC.

SLion

May 29, 2001
Feel bad for the guy. He got f-ed by CJF pretty good. Glad Fleck saw bigger picture here. Realistically offense was much better at end of last year than end of this year. Running game was going somewhat and Dotson taking over as playmaker. CJF has hitched his career to MY now.

Also have to imagine that Fleck and KC hate CJF's guts after that stunt. We have raided Minn a few times with Limegrover as well. Just like business world, people don't forget how you treated them.

Last edited:
Good for Kirk as he wasn’t given a fair shot with the Wuhan year f’ing up everything. There must have been some personal conflicts with him and Franklin and/or staff....or players....or admin. Maybe it was his wife like the one assistant coach that left a few years ago?🤷🏼‍♀️

And good for PJ to forgive and forget and welcome him back. Wonder if there is some kinda clause or agreement he will stick around longer now? Bet he won’t leave unless he gets a head coaching job somewhere.

Reactions: BUFFALO LION
I keep hearing PJ's name for other openings.

Row the damn boat!

PJ and KC have known each other for a very long time. KC made it known to many that he wanted to coach close to home (PA). PJ and CJF are friendly toward each other. I don't really think this will amount to anything.

Somewhere Tanner Morgan is celebrating. He really regressed under Sanford (OC after coach Ciarrocca left). I think that is partially why he wasn't renewed/ retained.

Doubt that there are seriously hard feelings between KC and CJF. Coach Franklin gave him a shot, and it didn't work out. Stuff happens.

Last edited:
Feel bad for the guy. He got f-ed by CJF pretty good. Glad Fleck saw bigger picture here. Realistically offense was much better at end of last year than end of this year. Running game was going somewhat and Dotson taking over as playmaker. CJF has hitched his career to MY now.

Also have to imagine that Fleck and KC hate CJF's guts after that stunt. We have raided Minn a few times with Limegrover as well. Just like business world, people don't forget how you treated them.

Uh, didn't Fleck do the same thing?

Reactions: PSU&Trout

I'm glad he's back to Minny. He was a good fit there. That doesn't change the fact that he was a disaster here and deserved to be fired.

I figured someone had to be a scapegoat with the team coming into the season projected in the top 10, but with Covid, a new OL coach, the RB issue, missing a gamechanger on defense-Parsons, and the now what we know about the ceiling potential of some of this team's 'stars', any outcome was not beyond the possible. They did finish strong and left town to recharge.
While his treatment was outside of the possible in today's college football scenery, I would think Franklin earned some karma IOUs per Minnesota, and it's not like the team doesn't have a history with Minnesota spoiling a good season and starting a down turn.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT