ADVERTISEMENT

Killing time in SC

ouirpsu

Jan 24, 2018
North Carolina
If you had to kill an hour in downtown State College at 3 o’clock on a Thursday afternoon waiting for several buddies to arrive, where would you go? Keep in mind we’re all 50+, alums and will be taking full advantage of the nightlife.

Reactions: kevin310
If you had to kill an hour in downtown State College at 3 o’clock on a Thursday afternoon waiting for several buddies to arrive, where would you go? Keep in mind we’re all 50+, alums and will be taking full advantage of the nightlife.
Local Whiskey

Reactions: NovaPSULuvr
Lots of options. Zeno's (basement bar, corner of Allen and College), Bill Pickles (above Zeno's), Champs (Allen St., btw College and Beaver), The Deli (Heister Street, just off College...a bit more sedate, but great beer selection).

I'm pretty sure the record store and the arcade are closed.

I would walk west of atherton on college and try to score a lid.

I always try to walk around campus to kill time. It lets me visit buildings I haven't seen in a long time, and see what has changed. The memories are still there. You don't need any extra drinking time if you're doing the nightlife.

Go sit in on a class - any class - and see if you remember how it feels. If someone asks why you are there, just say that you missed the recitation earlier in the week and wanted to catch up.

See what kind of reaction you get.

Then invite the cutest girls in the class downtown for a beverage.
Best reply, but I decided on...Cafe 210. Unfortunately, looks like a ton of rain on the way. At least that hasn’t changed here.

If you like art, visit the Doug Albert Gallery across from the entrance to the Tavern. Eclectic, funky, small, packed with great and weird stuff. I never miss it when visiting SC. He also owns Uncle Eli's on Beaver Ave. "nuff said.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT