ADVERTISEMENT

Keystone Classic Tournament Thread

Cassar 5-4
Berge 10-8

Although the opposite in either match wouldn't surprise me as well. I do think they are both really close though.

And unless one of the wrestlers is dinged up, I think both matches happen.

Assuming they go (I'll be surprised if NN/AC go, a little less so if Berge/Verk go), I'd give the edge to Cassar to win by a couple take downs and Verk to win by 2-4.

To my eye, Verk looked more active in today's early rounds. Berge looked a little winded and slower to me by comparison. Maybe I'm just not familiar enough with his wrestling style.

I’m guessing Nick (85%) and Brady (60%) MFF. I like Verk, but I’m guessing Berge has him by a nose if they go.
Who do you see Cael putting on the mat (to move on) and could this give us an indication of who are the front runners?

Who do you see Cael putting on the mat (to move on) and could this give us an indication of who are the front runners?
See Tom’s post above - my guess appears to be wrong. My reasoning was simply that it’s already known how he can do against a range of heavies. Not so sure about Antny.

I think conditioning will play a role this early in the year. I think Berge is likely the stronger wrestler but after 3 bought each I have a feeling Verk will grind it out. He's looked strong this year so far. Likewise I'll give the nod to Cassar. Neville's looked real good today.

I don't think either weight will be settled until after the scuffle. Then I'll go with Berge & Cassar.

I think conditioning will play a role this early in the year. I think Berge is likely the stronger wrestler but after 3 bought each I have a feeling Verk will grind it out. He's looked strong this year so far. Likewise I'll give the nod to Cassar. Neville's looked real good today.

I don't think either weight will be settled until after the scuffle. Then I'll go with Berge & Cassar.

Berge's conditioning looked fine to me.

Reactions: pish69
I have my windows open from the early session. All mats except 2, SOB. I can't find anywhere in ESPN+ to launch.
I started over. Just did a google search on WatchESPN. Could find anything for Keystone Classic. Clicked on Search (upper right corner), type in "Keystone Classic", that gave me one of the mats to select/open.

Yeah if you start typing Keystone in the search bar while in ESPN+...."Mat 1" will pop up. Click it.

Can this Finesilver/Artalona match ever get over with. Boring as hell and taking forever. Nolf is going to be up on mat 5 before Berge/ Verk

Can we somehow combine Verk's slickness with Berge's horsepower?

Classy move by Verk taking neutral. Berge's knee worries me a little. He was hesitant to get into scrambles with Wilson the match before.

Was it a takedown? Radio made it seem like a coin flip, could have went either way. Questionable?

Definitely a TD. Seemed like Verk didnt realize what was going on with the danger rule but his back was clearly exposed for probably even longer than the ref was counting.

Verk has good defense but watching that match Berge a step ahead at this point.

Reactions: tikk10
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT