ADVERTISEMENT

Kevin Reihner - C - Transfer from Stanford enrolled at PSU today

what was his recruitment history relative to PSU coming out of HS, being a legacy and all? TIA

Per Rivals (for what that's worth at this point) he was 3 stars and listed as 34th in the country at guard. At the time he was 275lb. Management Science and Engineering major at Stanford - not exactly sure what that is but sounds impressive? so would certainly think he is able to pick things up easily...?

Per Rivals (for what that's worth at this point) he was 3 stars and listed as 34th in the country at guard. At the time he was 275lb. Management Science and Engineering major at Stanford - not exactly sure what that is but sounds impressive? so would certainly think he is able to pick things up easily...?

MS & E is what is commonly known at other schools as Industrial Engineering.. Less emphasis on hard sciences like physics and chemistry, more on economics and finance. Less emphasis on calculus, more on statistics and modelling. Still pretty demanding.

Considering how the 'Furd has been KILLING it the last several years in terms of recruiting offensive linemen (4 and 5 stars galore), getting ANY 'Furd offensive lineman is probably a very good thing. I imagine this kid will help solidify the PSU offensive line right away.

I think he will play quite a bit. We really need mature bodies. I hope Palmer can put on a few pounds and help. The recruit today will need a couple of years in the program. It does take 2-3 years in a program for a normal OL to be ready. OSU "claimed" that had a young OL last season, yet on their two deep 7 of the 10 players had been in the program for 3 years !!!

Reactions: Fizz1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT