ADVERTISEMENT

Kevin Colbert: Steelers Will Draft Prospects That Play in 2020 Over Those That Sit Out

What Colbert left out of this is they just signed Cam Heyward to a record contract and Ben is going to be one of the highest paid QB in the league next year so they're going to have to free up room for cap space(let Bud walk for one), so rookies may have to play right away as they are a cheap alternative.

Reactions: LaJolla Lion
Yeah, so sad. Parsons and Fields will probably go undrafted.
"Parsons and Fields will probably go undrafted. " You must not know your football son. THOSE TWO will get drafted but many others who might still get drafted will go in later rounds, some might go undrafted and their overall stock will go south.

All because for some inexplicable reason the B1G won't play football this fall...even though the SEC, ACC, B1g-12, NFL, midget league, middle school and high schools throughout the country are playing football this fall.

"Parsons and Fields will probably go undrafted. " You must not know your football son. THOSE TWO will get drafted but many others who might still get drafted will go in later rounds, some might go undrafted and their overall stock will go south.

All because for some inexplicable reason the B1G won't play football this fall...even though the SEC, ACC, B1g-12, NFL, midget league, middle school and high schools throughout the country are playing football this fall.
Stick to girl's soccer, son.

Can we rename the B1G the "Battleground State League"?

Reactions: JustinTyme
It says "players choosing to opt out". That doesn't seem to include players in the Big Ten or PAC who want to play but can't, although Micah had already announced he was going to sit out prior to the Big Ten "vote".

100 percent correct. It could be the difference between getting drafted with some guarantees
all the way to ending up as free agents. What if Lamont Wade led the country in picks? Or Shaka T led the Big in sacks? Won’t impact Micha and minimal for Pat but yes every other senior or junior could feel the pain of this decision.

My interpretation of the entire article is that proven players will still be drafted high. No change. When considering higher round player, "not playing" gives GM's another data point to consider when drafting. This is nothing new. It just adds another data point.

Steelers have long had one of the best front offices in the NFL. So, kind of like the old E.F. Hutton TV commercial: "My broker is E.F. Hutton, and when Hutton speaks, people listen." To a small degree what Colbert said will now become part of every NFL teams draft plan.

My interpretation of the entire article is that proven players will still be drafted high. No change. When considering higher round player, "not playing" gives GM's another data point to consider when drafting. This is nothing new. It just adds another data point.
Yeah, it makes sense. No different than every other year when a front office is evaluating two similar players, and one has started for three years and has three years' worth of data points, and the other player only started for one year and has one year worth of data points to evaluate.

Girls lacrosse has been playing all summer In PA - tournaments with crowds in the thousands. Email registration of all players and parents, COVID-Waivers, symptom checkers, social distancing, and masks. Participants from 5-8 states. Zero problems reported (group email reports post-event).

But the Big10 can’t even give it a try?

Yeah, it makes sense. No different than every other year when a front office is evaluating two similar players, and one has started for three years and has three years' worth of data points, and the other player only started for one year and has one year worth of data points to evaluate.
Especially when they're going to be up against the cap with Ben making 40.25 million next year and they have at least 5 starters that will be free agents. They'll need plug and play guys, because I don't think they'll be able to afford the free agent market. Unless of course, Ben renegotiates his deal or they cut some other high cost guys.

Pretty simple math, football players play football. I never met a football player who wants to sit out a season and not play football. Why would anybody want to draft another Leonard Fournette? Be a man and play football.

Reactions: JustinTyme
Pretty simple math, football players play football. I never met a football player who wants to sit out a season and not play football. Why would anybody want to draft another Leonard Fournette? Be a man and play football.

Well I guess that means Micah is a woos and off your draft board.

Steelers, granted Ben doesnt hang onto the ball for 8 seconds and get sent to early retirement, hopefully wont even be picking high enough for Parsons to be in the picture.

Sitting out Junior year makes sense for some players but probably far fewer than are actually sitting out. A lot of these guys will regret it come draft day but Micah and Pat probably wont be among them.

So an NFL GM is going to pass on a player, that sits out this season, has a better combine, has more upside & potential, is fresh/injury free and will only draft ahead of them, a guy that played this year. Yeah, okay I have some ocean front property to sell you in PA.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT