ADVERTISEMENT

Kerkvliet?

I wouldn't be shocked to see Kerk win it all.

Well for sure he brings so much excitement and anticipation.

We know a few things for certain. He has oddles of strength, talent, and speed. He is an amazing and accomplished free styler. He has such a rare combination of athleticism on a big, lean, yet powerful frame, there is still room to grow physically

So far he is a bonus machine. He is equally capable of generating TFs with catch and release with a few turns for good measure, and he is also a pinner. In both regards I believe his is already passed where Cassar was. He is elite.

We are so blessed to have him.

What we don't know it's where he is today relative to Gable and Paris, especially given his recent recovery. No matter the result this weekend I am so jazzed to watch him develop under Cael's tutilage over the next several years.

As great as he is already, where he can go from here is down right scary.

Can he beat Paris and Gable this weekend? I suspect those in the know like Cael, his dad and Kerk himself are saying hell yes he can, and he will. I have no expectations other than to be blessed watching him trot out in blue and white.

Last edited:
It may not turn out the way we want it too, as he is going against 2 others of equal caliber, but I feel Kerk is our best wrestler. At very least right up there with AB.

It's hard to imagine being in a discussion where a kid with this pedigree, reshaped body, and obvious reforged focus would find very competitive competition in NCAAs (much less the conference tourney).

. . . Yet, here we are. ;) Let's go Kerkules! Give it your all, and you will already be a legend.

Last edited:
It's hard to imagine being in a discussion where a kid with this pedigree, reshaped body, and obvious reforged focus would find very competitive competition in NCAAs (much less the conference tourney).

. . . Yet, here we are. ;) Let's go Kerkules! Give it your all, and you will already be a legend.
Yikes, that’s not PC if anybody but himself delivers it ...

No point in stopping him now. He is on a roll....

2nx1eg.jpg

He is getting back to form, feeling good and getting ready for Big 10’s. We knew this was going to be a challenging year but he also wanted to keep in shape with the restrictions he had. He is excited about the draw and ready to make the most of the opportunity. To be honest as a family we are just thankful he was cleared and has the opportunity to be on the mat and do what he loves. We do appreciate all of the concern, I will just say there is now nothing wrong with him and he is more healthy than he has been in the last couple of years. He is ready to have fun and learn from this experience as he drives towards his goals.

Greg Sr.
It seems Mr. Brooks better step up his posting game a little. This post got 94 likes.

Those 2 facial expressions are like before and after facing Cassar.
You're right about that loss to Anthony Cassar, it was probably the best thing to happen to a young Gable Steveson. He definitely was humbled from that match and seemed to leave the cocky showmanship behind.

Which loss to Cassar? ;)
The second one...at NCAAs. After Big 10 he was very confident in his interviews.......I remember him talking like it was more of a fluke...let his guard down etc. Losing the second time at the Big dance started to change things. I still think it took a while ( maybe losing to Gwiz twice ) for him to truly commit to big changes. He looks much stronger and quicker than his first two years and his gas tank has also improved noticeably. That said....Parris has improved a good bit as well. Putting Kerk in the same sentence as them is not out of line in my opinion. Cassiopi is better this year too and is a very solid HWT. Gonna be fun to watch. Only 16 hours !!

I heard Elon asked Kerkvliet to catch the next rocket landing so he can be sure it lands safely.

Looks like Steveson hired Cassar as his personal trainer.

This one from poppa bear pretty much sums it up properly.

I add, two more weeks is something, but give the kid another year, a focus on folk, and 20 more pounds then we will all see!!!

Dr. D Greg Kerkvliet Sr
@SpartanSwi

6 weeks unable to workout, cleared 12 days before big 10’s and qualify. Proud of the kid, can’t wait to see what another week in a half looks like.

He misspelled that hashtag thing you kids do. It's actually #eatitKerk ;)
Now now........no demeaning young people. For me ( not everyone here ) that is a no no. Me?....I am definitely fair game...so if you say #eatitjerk.......I'll know you are talking about me :)

• Haha
Reactions: PSU Fan in TN
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT