ADVERTISEMENT

Kerkvliet?

If I was betting 100 bucks on the outcome I think I would put it on Gable. I would bet 200 bucks that 99 percent of the match would be wrestled on their feet. :)

Every time I think of how elite GS is, I think back to the Cassar match. That match was a great example of Cael and company having an exceptional game plan and working it to perfection. And I get that GS was just a freshman, but still, the game plan was perfect. And I think a match between Snyder and GS, if they were around at the same time back then, would likely go about the same way with Snyder wrestling a smart, tactical match like he did against a much bigger Adam Coon and coming out on top. Also I think Snyder, Gwiz and Coon were a tad better at NCAAs than Mason Parris, Cass, Kerk, etc., so I think GS would have had a much tougher time getting to the finals let alone winning it (just like his semi-final loss to Cassar). I guess what I'm saying is that I'm not really sold on GS being all-world just yet. I get that he has all the tools and then some, and that he's an amazing athlete, but I also think a superb game plan like we often see from Cael at NCAAs each year with an equally quick and athletic HWT would be the neutralizer against GS' athleticism. Just my thoughts.

I noticed GS didn't take any sloppy chances with Greg. Showed him cautious respect. Imo
Yeah, there was no catch and release to go for bonus points with Kerk like Gable does with pretty much everyone else. He just rode him out for an entire period, but his ability to do so also points to Kerk's primary disadvantage vs Gable - size and strength. Gable's strategy seems sound given that Kerk eventually got the only TD on him in the entire season once they were back on their feet. I hope Kerk can put on 15-20 lbs lean mass this offseason. He will be a monster if so.

Reactions: PD4thespawn
We will be very scary next year, and Kerk is at the top of a long list as to why.

All four Champs will be more relaxed and confident and just let it fly. You watch, the bonus % will go up for all four.

Getting all 4 to repeat is extremely hard but I expect the beauty will be several more might make the finals.

The thought of Greg with 20 more lbs of muscle is tantelizing. In the short amount of time we got to see him, he showed unbelievable athleticism from someone so big and what a bonus machine to boot. Give him a full healthy season to train I can absolutely see him taking out Parus and Cassi. He is one heavyweight that will keep everyone in their seats at the end of every dual, a must watch.

SVN is one of those who can take on all comers as a freshman if he goes. Bartlett if he goes well be scarry good. Howard will be loads better with a full healthy season. Berge was giving us just a glimpse of his trajectory and he will be back. Beard is an intermittant gas tank from rolling against just about anyone. There's 30+ points in them thar words above.
If Beard reaches the potential we all think he can this team will roll everyone

Yeah, there was no catch and release to go for bonus points with Kerk like Gable does with pretty much everyone else. He just rode him out for an entire period, but his ability to do so also points to Kerk's primary disadvantage vs Gable - size and strength. Gable's strategy seems sound given that Kerk eventually got the only TD on him in the entire season once they were back on their feet. I hope Kerk can put on 15-20 lbs lean mass this offseason. He will be a monster if so.
I dont even look for GS to return next year JMO.
Any word how close to 100% Kerkules is for this wknd?

Reactions: Dogwelder
If Beard reaches the potential we all think he can this team will roll everyone

When he is on, he can seemingly beat anyone. I think it's mental for him at times also. He didn't have the lungs for tournament wrestling this year (Day 2 Big Tens was ugly) but still managed to AA. That and his knee was heavily wrapped since the Amine match and he missed time earlier and I don't think Michael has even scratched his ceiling yet.

Reactions: Fatmarc
If:
1) Amine is out at 197 (graduates or goes back down to 184)
2) AJ Ford Focus goes up
3) Beard gets some lungs

If all of those things occur, Beard has a serious chance at being a top 3 guy next year. I think he could be a top-3 guy even if only one of the first two occurs, but, as it is, he's likely to take an L to one of them in the quarters or semis. He's in the Cael-Jake-Nickal-DT-AB size range for partners, so it's not like he'll be lacking for quality reps the next four years.

If:
1) Amine is out at 197 (graduates or goes back down to 184)
2) AJ Ford Focus goes up
3) Beard gets some lungs

If all of those things occur, Beard has a serious chance at being a top 3 guy next year. I think he could be a top-3 guy even if only one of the first two occurs, but, as it is, he's likely to take an L to one of them in the quarters or semis. He's in the Cael-Jake-Nickal-DT-AB size range for partners, so it's not like he'll be lacking for quality reps the next four years.
Amine is out at 197 either way. Brucki will be their starter.

Darmstadt returns and presumably Braxton Amos won't shirt.

Beard perhaps still could be top 3 with some improvement.

Cornell is going to be sitting an AA at 197. Some rumblings that Cardenas is every bit as good as Darmstadt.

Cornell is going to be sitting an AA at 197. Some rumblings that Cardenas is every bit as good as Darmstadt.

Max Dean got WORKED by Chris Foca at LCQ. If Foca can't get down to 174 (and he looked ALL of 189.Xlbs/86kg), can you imagine Dean sitting out?

This is the same Chris Foca that lost 10-3 to our current 174lb national champion during his RS year, by the way.

ADVERTISEMENT