ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky Derby = tournament weight bracket?

12bflying

Oct 2, 2006
Greetings. Long time lurker, never posted.
However, in light of too much beverage, and lessened inhibitions, I'm posting my first. in handicapping the races leading up to the derby, there seems to be correlation to picking winners in a wrestling tournament bracket. Has anyone else noticed this similarity, and applied their expertise with picking tournament winners to horse racing? If so, I'd love to hear your picks and logic for same. (Quickly!)
(Hopefully this correlates enough to wrestling that my first post won't be pitched into the SC)

However, in light of too much beverage, and lessened inhibitions, I'm posting my first. in handicapping the races leading up to the derby, there seems to be correlation to picking winners in a wrestling tournament bracket. Has anyone else noticed this similarity, and applied their expertise with picking tournament winners to horse racing? If so, I'd love to hear your picks and logic for same. (Quickly!)
(Hopefully this correlates enough to wrestling that my first post won't be pitched into the SC)
Can I get a mod in here to toss this shit?

Lol. J/k. Welcome. Btw...you dont want my advice. I'm horrible at picking winners.

Sorry, I know absolutely nothing about horse racing. Now if you want to talk about beating dead horses, I'm your guy.
WelltodoHandsomeFiddlercrab-max-1mb.gif

You say there is a correlation, so that means I would be just as bad at picking horse winners as I am tournament brackets. Though it is occasionally easier, like picking Southern Scuffle bracket winners when there are guys like Zain, Bo, Jason, etc entered.

Reactions: hlstone
Ive heard of wrestling being similar to several other sports but I never thought I’d live the hear it compared to horse racing. WTF Ease up on the mint julips,greenhorn.

• Haha
Reactions: hlstone and tewlepz
I knew a guy who was pretty successful at picking winners in horse racing and he would watch them before the race and the one who took the biggest crap is who he bet on. Not sure if you can use this info to help you, but it is all I have. :)

Bump....

Only because I know the O.P. sobered up and keeps checking in hope's it's off the first page already.

That...and because I'm a straight up prick.
Correct. (on the hope it's gone.)
But, we did have a profit on the Derby race - not so much on the races leading up to it.
I still see a similarity between the two sports. I can't pick horses, I can't pick winning wrestlers.

Because of Dish, I couldn't watch the Derby on the local channel. However, a bud of mine, Wes Champagne, shod the winner, Medina Spirit. Another two friends shod the 8th and 10th place horses, Chris and Pat Brodus.

ADVERTISEMENT