ADVERTISEMENT

Kenny Pickett

GreatBear71

May 9, 2005
He is one of the 4 Finalists for the Heisman trophy. Even though he plays for Pitt, we should have some Pennsylvania pride. Quite an honor. He improved every season, and attending 2 Peyton Manning camps helped him, and he got good advice to come back and play another year to improve his draft status, and ultimately, his first NFL contract.

Pennsylvania pride? I don't think so. You won't find many Auburn fans proud of Bryce Young winning the Heisman.

Now, mad respect to the young man. I remember when "Kenny Heisman" was said in jest around here, but he has proven a lot of people -- myself included -- wrong. I think he's #4 out of 4 on the Heisman finalist list, but an incredible honor nonetheless.

Pitt is gonna suck next year.

QB is the one position where it doesn't make much sense to come out of college early.

The chances of being seriously injured at the position are far, far less than any other. Secondly, the key attributes of a QB are leadership and decision-making as long as the physical skills are in place. Going to college longer just helps those develop.

I can see a guy like SC benefitting from another year in the program at QB. I don't see too many kids that can or should go to the NFL after three seasons in college.

He is one of the 4 Finalists for the Heisman trophy. Even though he plays for Pitt, we should have some Pennsylvania pride. Quite an honor. He improved every season, and attending 2 Peyton Manning camps helped him, and he got good advice to come back and play another year to improve his draft status, and ultimately, his first NFL contract.
Interesting post.
Did Pitt fans, like yourself, have PA pride when PSU won the B1G in 2016???
Did Pitt fans, like yourself, have PA pride when Barkley was having his Heisman campaign in 2017???
Youve come to the wrong place for support.
Oh, by the way, Pickett is from New Jersey. Perhaps you should move along to the Rutgers message board to look for NJ pride.

He (Pickett) deserves it. Hutchison on the other hand not at all, Walker should have been in over him.

Interesting post.
Did Pitt fans, like yourself, have PA pride when PSU won the B1G in 2016???
Did Pitt fans, like yourself, have PA pride when Barkley was having his Heisman campaign in 2017???
Youve come to the wrong place for support.
Oh, by the way, Pickett is from New Jersey. Perhaps you should post on the Rutgers message board looking for NJ pride.

Rutgers is in New Jersey…..wow, that’d be a great Final Jeopardy answer, no one knows that one west of PA!

He (Pickett) deserves it. Hutchison on the other hand not at all, Walker should have been in over him.

Yeah, I really thought Walker got shafted on the basis of the OSU loss where he got bottled up and then didn't even play in the 2nd half. The Heisman is ridiculously influenced by one big game -- or lack of. Walker was everybody's favorite until OSU. Nobody was even considering Hutchinson until he got 3 sacks vs. OSU. I hate how a single game shifts perceptions so dramatically.

My list would look something like this (in rough order):

Will Anderson
Bryce Young
Kenneth Walker
Kenny Pickett
CJ Stroud
Aidan Hutchinson
Jameson Williams

Walker and Pickett, more than any other players, carried their teams to NY6 games.

Reactions: BBrown
Yeah, I really thought Walker got shafted on the basis of the OSU loss where he got bottled up and then didn't even play in the 2nd half. The Heisman is ridiculously influenced by one big game -- or lack of. Walker was everybody's favorite until OSU. Nobody was even considering Hutchinson until he got 3 sacks vs. OSU. I hate how a single game shifts perceptions so dramatically.

My list would look something like this (in rough order):

Will Anderson
Bryce Young
Kenneth Walker
Kenny Pickett
CJ Stroud
Aidan Hutchinson
Jameson Williams

Walker and Pickett, more than any other players, carried their teams to NY6 games.
I think I would place Jameson Williams above Stroud and Hutchinson on the bottom of the list

Pickett definitely had a good year. No one saw this coming based on where he came in at. With that said, I’ll save the PA Pride for a PA native.

hmm....I grew up in the Lehigh Valley.
Connecticut, New York, Baltimore and DC are all closer than Pittsburgh. Little connection there.
Add in that Pitt football is surrounded by small, angry people with a huge inferiority complex that make keychains for winning a game in an 8-5 season, and well, let's just say that I'll be neutral on fake slide Kenny's prospects for this award that has lost virtually all meaning.

ADVERTISEMENT