ADVERTISEMENT

Football Ken Talley no longer with Penn State

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it can not be because of his fear of the LBs that are on the roster.........

We will need 2 more LB recruits in this class, and probably 1 or 2 portal guys who can play LB....

Reactions: jham65 and bison13
Very, very shocking to say the least. Wonder if whatever held him out of school for so long wasn't really finished.
Agree. It seemed odd that it took it so long to get to campus in the first place.

I'm piecing together a bunch of things that I have read today in regards to Talley transferring so TIFWIW...Talley was the last player on campus this Summer (just arrived for August preseason camp) because he needed to finish up some classes this summer to be eligible. He may have had some issues with these classes (I say "may" because it has not been confirmed yet), which may put him in a position that he may not qualify to play D-1 this fall. By transferring now, he can find another school to potentially enroll at in the near future. I did see Talley himself comment on a social media post this morning that he loves Penn State, so that leads me to believe that there is no bad blood between Talley and Penn State.

I'm piecing together a bunch of things that I have read today in regards to Talley transferring so TIFWIW...Talley was the last player on campus this Summer (just arrived for August preseason camp) because he needed to finish up some classes this summer to be eligible. He may have had some issues with these classes (I say "may" because it has not been confirmed yet), which may put him in a position that he may not qualify to play D-1 this fall. By transferring now, he can find another school to potentially enroll at in the near future. I did see Talley himself comment on a social media post this morning that he loves Penn State, so that leads me to believe that there is no bad blood between Talley and Penn State.
Makes sense as well......but why would other D-I schools follow him or have an interest?

If it is an academic issue, perhaps he can go the JC route @ Lackawana and then return to PSU afterwards. Too bad, kid is a player.
Hopefully this is whats going on, a credit/eligibility issue that can get taken care of at LCC and then be back next fall.

This is a big loss, he had a big personality and big impact on the field. I hope he finds what he's looking for.
I'm not good at wishing players well. I understand that where to go to college is a difficult decision and it's an even tougher decision for D1 football players. But remove football for a minute. What if your kid went through the process of visiting schools and finally selecting one. Then in August before their first class they decided they didn't want to be there. I would tell them that we already spent a lot of time, paid tuition, and incurred the effort to move. I'd tell them that they make a commitment and they have to play out the year.

Maybe there's more to this but it's one thing if a kid wants to transfer after learning that he's not good enough to crack the depth chart. It's another thing if things never even got that far. There's absolutely no sense of commitment. Why even have the players sign a scholarship offer? What's the purpose? For the school to commit and stop looking for other players byt the player isn't tied into the agreement?

Talley is the kid who was trash talking other schools during the 2022 recruiting cycle, right?

That was quick.

Talley is the kid who was trash talking other schools during the 2022 recruiting cycle, right?

That was quick.
He had some banter with some Buckeye committed players. Seemed to be out in front recruiter for the class early and got very quiet after signing day.

Or maybe once he signed, people just stopped following him as much and sharing his twitter.

2022 recruit Ken Talley is no longer with the Nittany Lions. He was the last 2022 recruit to show up on campus and is now the first to leave.

A LIFO inventory system for the payer roster is the strategy Franklin is likely encouraging....

:(

I was looking forward to seeing Talley contribute on as a true freshman at DE, that is until his arrival kept getting delayed, and they delayed some more......

Would be great to hear that he is enrolling at Lackawana. Terry Smith had great things to say about Talley's leadership ability and the toughness that he would bring to the team.....

Last edited:
Hopefully this is whats going on, a credit/eligibility issue that can get taken care of at LCC and then be back next fall.
Perhaps the PSU and Lackawana coaches can speak to him about that possibility. We needs young men like him. PSU is the type of D1 school he needs to attend because of the attention and care the coaches have for players off the field.
A LIFO inventory system for the payer roster is the strategy Franklin is likely encouraging....

:(

I was looking forward to seeing Talley contribute on as a true freshman at DE, that is until his arrival kept getting delayed, and they delayed some more......

Would be great to hear that he is enrolling at Lackawana. Terry Smith had great things to say about Talley's leadership ability and the toughness that he would bring to the team.....
Excuse my ignorance GreginPitt, but what is a LIFO inventory system?

Perhaps the PSU and Lackawana coaches can speak to him about that possibility. We needs young men like him. PSU is the type of D1 school he needs to attend because of the attention and care the coaches have for players off the field.

Last In First Out. A stack.

Last In, First Out.

As opposed to First In First Out.

I'm not good at wishing players well. I understand that where to go to college is a difficult decision and it's an even tougher decision for D1 football players. But remove football for a minute. What if your kid went through the process of visiting schools and finally selecting one. Then in August before their first class they decided they didn't want to be there. I would tell them that we already spent a lot of time, paid tuition, and incurred the effort to move. I'd tell them that they make a commitment and they have to play out the year.

Maybe there's more to this but it's one thing if a kid wants to transfer after learning that he's not good enough to crack the depth chart. It's another thing if things never even got that far. There's absolutely no sense of commitment. Why even have the players sign a scholarship offer? What's the purpose? For the school to commit and stop looking for other players byt the player isn't tied into the agreement?
Geez man. Take a breathe. Looks like an eligibility issue. At least wait until we actually know something.

Reactions: bison13
I don't have Instagram but it appears the rumor was Talley had a romantic encounter with the daughter of a staff member. Hence why he was kicked off the team.

• Wow
Reactions: The Spin Meister
I was just at my local grocery store meat and seafood counter talking to a former student who is a rising Junior at Dear Old State. He said that he definitely heard something sorta like that....

Dude is a Finance/Econ major who just got back from Summer Study abroad in Barcelona, is a tan beast, personal trainer and in a fraternity...if he don't got the scoop then nobody does.....

Blah, blah, blah, blah......

Didn't Sal Aunese from Colorado marry his coaches daughter (or at least have a child with intent to wed before passing away)? Jeff Hostetler married Don Nehlan's daughter....so I guess you never know.

FWIW all of the above is true but we did not talk Talley...but he is as good of a "source" as any! I agree w/ Marshall 23...scrub before it gets idiotic

I was just at my local grocery store meat and seafood counter talking to a former student who is a rising Junior at Dear Old State. He said that he definitely heard something sorta like that....

Dude is a Finance/Econ major who just got back from Summer Study abroad in Barcelona, is a tan beast, personal trainer and in a fraternity...if he don't got the scoop then nobody does.....

Blah, blah, blah, blah......

Didn't Sal Aunese from Colorado marry his coaches daughter (or at least have a child with intent to wed before passing away)? Jeff Hostetler married Don Nehlan's daughter....so I guess you never know.

FWIW all of the above is true but we did not talk Talley...but he is as good of a "source" as any! I agree w/ Marshall 23...scrub before it gets idiotic
I'm assuming that the examples you used involved all parties being adults. That is why the thread should be removed.

I guess my point was that one never knows where love can happen. Plenty of employees have married the bosses daughter. In the case of Hoss he was over 18 because he left after 2 years w us....not sure of others....McCartney's daughter may have been younger..I don't recall details.

However, if this thread becomes a gossip circle about people involved with our program or athletic departments daughters' dating habits...then yeah...
kill it...especially if they are younger...but even if they are of age.

Rumors do run around a big campus just like a small high school....many talked of a certain running back who was on campus during my years and drafted highly into the NFL as loving to hit the bong. A former All-Pro RB from the team he was drafted to played in a lunch hoops game at the NYAC that I frequented. He claimed the dude had all the talent in the world but simply could not memorize the playbook...hence the mega failure at the pro level. Coincidence? A bit of truth? Correlation to faulty memory? Who knows? Speculation all around....it is part of college in a college town.

Sexual innuendo should be off limits. Period. And who knows where the dirt will come from. Troll shark attack incoming...

Reactions: marshall23
Wouldn't the coaches be ecstatic that a good kid like Talley was interested in their daughters, especially if he exemplifies Penn State values?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT