ADVERTISEMENT

Kalen and Kobe King

proud2bpsufan

Jan 4, 2013
It's cool to think these brothers will be on the field at the same time for PSU at some point in their careers. I hope they both play at a high level and end up starting together.
Has any other brother duo started for PSU at the same time? I can't think of any off the top of my head.

Matt (freshman) and Larry (senior) Suhey were the starting backfield for the first game of 1976. I don't think Larry started much after that. Paul Suhey and Matt started many games, on D and O respectively.

Not sure on this one, but I think Doug (QB) and Ron (LB) Hostettler may have started a couple games together. Ron would have been a senior, Doug a freshman or soph, and of course xferred to WVa after a couple seasons.

And with the many Collins brothers, I'm sure a couple of them played/saw action at the same time, albeit one on O and one on D.

Reactions: FHSPSU67
Wracking my brain here.... there were Ron and Craig Coder, and another Coder brother, too, I think. Two of them were on the team at the same time, and one was a little younger, I think. Ron was an OL and Craig a LB. Ron played in the NFL for the Seahawks for a number of years.

John and George Reihner were teammates for at least one season, 1973, and maybe '74 too.

Bottom line, there have been a good number of brothers who were on the team at the same time, and in some cases, they saw lots of playing time.

Reactions: CJLion
It's cool to think these brothers will be on the field at the same time for PSU at some point in their careers. I hope they both play at a high level and end up starting together.
Has any other brother duo started for PSU at the same time? I can't think of any off the top of my head.
The Suhey brothers say hi...

Reactions: seminnylion
Did the Hartings brothers start any games together? How about the Conlins?

Edit: The Hartings brothers did not. Jeff graduated in 95 and Joe came on board in'97. Keith and Kevin Conlin were teammates from 93-95. I can't recall if they ever started any games together,

Last edited:
Kenny and Roger Jackson are like, wtf, how you can forget us?

I think there were a few games where some combination of the Collins brothers (Andre, Gerry, Phil, Jason, and Aaron) started at the same time.
My first thought as well. Mathematically, they would have almost have to had multiple starters at the same time.

My first thought as well. Mathematically, they would have almost have to had multiple starters at the same time.
Jason and Aaron Collins both started all season at Safety and LB respectively in '97. They actually were both starting in '95 until Jason suffered that bad leg injury that knocked him out the remainder of the season and all of '96. He was granted a 6th season to play in '97.

Jason Collins 6th season

Not sure on this one, but I think Doug (QB) and Ron (LB) Hostettler may have started a couple games together. Ron would have been a senior, Doug a freshman or soph, and of course xferred to WVa after a couple seasons.
Ron was a linebacker not sure what Doug played. Brother Jeff was the more famous one.

Reactions: Bob78
Ron was a linebacker not sure what Doug played. Brother Jeff was the more famous one.
Right. Thanks for correcting that.
Jeff was the QB who came after Ron and Doug. I think Doug may have been a LB also, or maybe a Safety? Both were mid-70s; Jeff late 70s before xferring.

ADVERTISEMENT