ADVERTISEMENT

Juwan Johnson

Agreed. I thought JJ was going to be gangbusters this year. I've wondered whether QB chemistry with receivers has had an impact? Seems like McSorley had a couple of seasons with the receiving corps which graduated last year. They just seem a bit out of sync, not on the same page.

Agreed. I thought JJ was going to be gangbusters this year. I've wondered whether QB chemistry with receivers has had an impact? Seems like McSorley had a couple of seasons with the receiving corps which graduated last year. They just seem a bit out of sync, not on the same page.

Juwanson caught balls last year!

Man I had such high hopes for him going into this year as a #1 and he has failed so bad. I remember some here said he was going to be a late first day-early second day NFL pick.

Seems to show up for about 10 minutes each game. No idea what’s going on the rest of the time. Maybe it’s the play calls, or maybe he’s just not getting separation/ running good routes. —-Thought he would be a go to, “ Geisiki” type receiver this year. ———Field/ game Leadership is severely lacking this year.

Reactions: Statefan09
Juwan can't run. He can't get open. There is no separation. He is a possession receiver and goal line target, nothing more. Others (Hipp) should pass him on the depth chart (and are, if you havent noticed).

I APOLOGIZE. I HAVE CRITICIZED A PLAYER, I REALIZE THIS IS NOT ALLOWED ON THIS BOARD. SORRY, SORRY, SORRY, SORRY, SORRY, SORRY, SORRY, SORRY, SORRY, SORRY AND SORRY.

Last edited:
The funny thing about JJ is that he always is so stoked when a teammate scores a TD or has a great play but when he does well or screws up he has little emotion. The most memorable emotion is his shushing the crowd after his TDs (only two if I recall)

Shorter must still be nicked. That has to be the reason, as we need a tall WR to get down the field and make catches on 50-50 balls. But Trace needs to not miss by as much as he has been missing on the longer routes as most of the long throws were not in anyone's catch radius....

Also disappointing - looked like he could have blocked the DB who tackled McSorley on the last 3rd down play, which comes up a couple of yards short of game ending first down. He either needs to block him or get some separation so Trace can throw him the ball, but he did neither...

Reactions: NittanyOpp
ADVERTISEMENT