ADVERTISEMENT

Juwan Johnson

AustinLion

Jul 9, 2001
What a catch! I still don’t know how McSorley got that ball over #27. Juwan looks like he’s going to be a force to be reckoned with. I was excited when we signed both him and Irvin Charles. I think he’s going to be fun to watch and I hope Charles will be as well.

Reactions: Ten Thousan Marbles
What a catch! I still don’t know how McSorley got that ball over #27. Juwan looks like he’s going to be a force to be reckoned with. I was excited when we signed both him and Irvin Charles. I think he’s going to be fun to watch and I hope Charles will be as well.
He made a couple of other clutch catches (besides the TD catch) late in the game. I'm really excited about what he will do with a little more experience.

Reactions: Ten Thousan Marbles
He made a couple of other clutch catches (besides the TD catch) late in the game[/B]. I'm really excited about what he will do with a little more experience.
Yes, he did.

Even more, he is the guy who convinced the coaches to tweak that final play. Original design has him cutting outside. I saw a story (Callahan. rudedude posted the tail of the tape on that) that said he began lobbying for an adjustment that gave him a post route for that playcall early in the 4th quarter, then before the final drive, and then Moorhead installed the adjustment during that final TO.

The kid is growing into a team leader.

Last edited:
Reactions: 22mike306
Blacknall had a massive and overlooked catch on the first 4th down conversion of the final drive. A bullet in traffic and he pulled it in to keep us alive. Kid is a ghost then comes up huge.
Yes. That was a bullet that he caught.

Reactions: ILLINOISLION
Blacknall had a massive and overlooked catch on the first 4th down conversion of the final drive. A bullet in traffic and he pulled it in to keep us alive. Kid is a ghost then comes up huge.
He's done nothing but make huge catches his entire PSU career. Really hope he gets more opportunities the rest of the season.

Yes. That was a bullet that he caught.

mouth-catch-bullet-o.gif

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
Someone said his breakout game would come against Ga St. but I said nah when we need it the most is when he will rise. Couldn't be happier to be right!

If you match the game again when McSorley fumbles Blacknall is breaking free down the middle of the field. It looks like that is where is was going to go with the ball.

He must suck in practice. All I know is that he shows up in games. We are going to need his big play ability in the worst way. Someone has to be a viable threat downfield and no one else has yet.

Sidenote: I call Juwan "baby Dez." Within a year, he'll turn into a red zone and possession nightmare they'll have to scheme around. I just hope it happens this season, not next.

Irv Charles is a guy who looks to have all the potential in the world but just can't seem to get out of his own way. At some point, I have to think he is going to do something big. I hope so, anyway.

Wasn't it Blacknall that was open early in the game, maybe the first drive, and Trace over threw him badly?

Reactions: mn78psu83
Like to see more deep ball throws to Johnson and Blacknall. Tried one to Polk but he is just too small unless he is wide open. He can't go up and win a battle w/ the DB.

Charles still makes mistakes and last year had some drops. If he gets it together, he could
be a force.

ADVERTISEMENT