ADVERTISEMENT

Just saw this pic on twitter from CJF.

AngryOtter42

Dec 29, 2003
PENN STATE in Raleigh, NC
Pretty sweet IMHO….
CABMB6CWEAAlOX8.jpg-large_zpsx0taetc4.jpeg

Saw that as well. Pretty cool. Also, a bit off topic, but I think we are going to have either a uni makeover or at minimum a 3rd uni in the near future. Just a gut feeling. Maybe even this season.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by Alphabets:
Saw that as well. Pretty cool. Also, a bit off topic, but I think we are going to have either a uni makeover or at minimum a 3rd uni in the near future. Just a gut feeling. Maybe even this season.
I agree…. Talked to my wife about that today. Don't think it will be anything extravagant but maybe numbers on the helmets and a tweak to the jersey or something? For one game….

That is a great pic...

Guessing it'll be the poster this year? Looks like a little to the right of where my seats used to be. I hope they don't jerk around with the unis. I'm not going to go nuts about it but just saying. It would be like the Yankees messing with theirs. You don't do it. Birds on the Bat, same thing.

Re: That is a great pic...

Originally posted by Victor E. Bell:
Guessing it'll be the poster this year? Looks like a little to the right of where my seats used to be. I hope they don't jerk around with the unis. I'm not going to go nuts about it but just saying. It would be like the Yankees messing with theirs. You don't do it. Birds on the Bat, same thing.
Agree… Numbers on the helmets though would be ok with me. Still PSU and they aren't f'ing with anything.

This post was edited on 3/13 10:32 PM by AngryOtter

My thoughts on a 3rd uni are simple...

if you're going to go that route, go back and use the early '70s with numbers on the helmets and stripes on the pants.. that's it and that's all.

I cringe at the use of all grey and all black nonesense, and don't get me started on the speculation around pink and black (BRUTAL).

If you look at our official color scheme - we are BLUE and WHITE. Not sometimes grey, sometimes black/pink... BLUE and WHITE. The only trace of grey i'd be ok with is on the facemask and if they brought that back tomorrow, i'd be fine with it. The trand on 3rd uniforms these days is just annoying. My general rule of thumb is keep it to your color scheme and for crying out loud NO DARK NUMBERS ON DARK JERSEYS (see Butgers, Louisville, Baylor, etc... you can't f'n read the nubers on the jerseys).

Notice it's a white jersey with the whiteout. A sign?

Nice pickup camaro, always thought that would be a cool concept at home.

Also, i agree with the numbers on the helmets... That is really the only change i wouldn't mind seeing. I think they actually looked real good. I do however think it's inevitable about a 3rd uni. Maybe that's the compromise, don't mess with the traditional unis much, and once a year our so throw on a 3rd uni. Completely agree tho, just like Oregon's all grey kits in the championship game... Terrible. Do something new and interesting at least. Or, don't do it at all.

outdated photo

the stadium photo is dated. taken several years ago prior to moving students to south end zone. promo photos should be current representation

Re: outdated photo

Originally posted by gymdad:
the stadium photo is dated. taken several years ago prior to moving students to south end zone. promo photos should be current representation
Oh I don't know...CJF has been great about paying tribute to the past. I bet there's a little Italian guy prowling the sidelelines in that pic somewhere? That might even be the the 2005 OSU game? Still the best whiteout night ever IMO.

Re: My thoughts on a 3rd uni are simple...

Originally posted by Skeller:
if you're going to go that route, go back and use the early '70s with numbers on the helmets and stripes on the pants.. that's it and that's all.

I cringe at the use of all grey and all black nonesense, and don't get me started on the speculation around pink and black (BRUTAL).

If you look at our official color scheme - we are BLUE and WHITE. Not sometimes grey, sometimes black/pink... BLUE and WHITE. The only trace of grey i'd be ok with is on the facemask and if they brought that back tomorrow, i'd be fine with it. The trand on 3rd uniforms these days is just annoying. My general rule of thumb is keep it to your color scheme and for crying out loud NO DARK NUMBERS ON DARK JERSEYS (see Butgers, Louisville, Baylor, etc... you can't f'n read the nubers on the jerseys).
There is a specific shade of gray in the university's official color scheme.

The play and atmosphere of that OSU game were amazing!*

Nfm

ADVERTISEMENT