just had a thought

junior1

May 29, 2001
Reading one of the threads about climate change and how little time we have left, it occurred to me that we heard exactly the same thing about the hole in the ozone. Aren't we all supposed to be fried by now?
Was this another one of our world scientists chicken little moments?

SLUPSU

Aug 5, 2018
Reading one of the threads about climate change and how little time we have left, it occurred to me that we heard exactly the same thing about the hole in the ozone. Aren't we all supposed to be fried by now?

You can rest easy, world governments agreed to kill CFC's more than 20 years ago and the ozone hole has closed over time. Looks like government regulations worked!!!! LOL

WPTLION

Jan 7, 2002
Or how about the ice age that they warned us about in school in the 70s and 80s...remember how bad pollution was in major cities? The air today is 100x cleaner than it was back then. Yet all the "good" that was done caused global warming...hahaha...just more leftist junk science. When they can tell us precisely what the weather will be next Saturday then they can look into the future

junior1

May 29, 2001
You can rest easy, world governments agreed to kill CFC's more than 20 years ago and the ozone hole has closed over time. Looks like government regulations worked!!!! LOL
Great news, thanks. I guess something must have been developed to replace cfc’s because my refrigerator and air conditioning are still working.
I guess it’s not possible that some new technology will come along that will reduce or eliminate the emissions that come from fossil fuels and in turn reduce or eliminate the climate change crisis, or am I being too negative

LioninHouston

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2005
Or how about the ice age that they warned us about in school in the 70s and 80s...remember how bad pollution was in major cities? The air today is 100x cleaner than it was back then. Yet all the "good" that was done caused global warming...hahaha...just more leftist junk science. When they can tell us precisely what the weather will be next Saturday then they can look into the future
Acid rain!!!!!

Reactions: bdgan

SLUPSU

Aug 5, 2018
Great news, thanks. I guess something must have been developed to replace cfc’s because my refrigerator and air conditioning are still working.
I guess it’s not possible that some new technology will come along that will reduce or eliminate the emissions that come from fossil fuels and in turn reduce or eliminate the climate change crisis, or am I being too negative

Funny stuff, you're absolutely right! Maybe not quite eliminating fossil fuels but.... it's called a battery, a solar panel, and a wind turbine, maybe you've heard of them?

junior1

May 29, 2001
Funny stuff, you're absolutely right! Maybe not quite eliminating fossil fuels but.... it's called a battery, a solar panel, and a wind turbine, maybe you've heard of them?
Great answer, but not my question….I asked whether it was possible that some technology would be developed to remove or reduce the emissions in FOSSIL fuels that would reduce or eliminate the crisis. Batteries, solar, hydro, nuclear and wind all have a place, they are substitutes for fossil, but none of them are a technology that will reduce the emissions from fossil. That way, fossil and all the unique technologies you mentioned could be used to protect the environment. Sort of an “all of the above solution” pushed by Obama.
Aren’t there already carbon capture technologies in the works, for example? Surely some smart people are working on similar goals

bdgan

May 29, 2008
With decades worth of subsidies solar is now 2.8% of electricity generation.

Too bad we left the rare earth minerals for batteries to the Taliban. No worries though, we can buy them from China who will use fossil fuels to extract them from the ground.

Latest posts