ADVERTISEMENT

Just as we want Harbaugh to stay at UM, hope Narduzzi (HE KNEW!) stays at Pitt forever

john4psu

Sep 7, 2003
We know Narduzzi can't recruit worth a damn, but check out the below graphic on schools with the most players going to be participating in the NFL combine. Impressive list. Obviously those schools had talented players, yet ONLY one of those schools on the list had a losing record last year and did not make a bowl game. ONLY one. Care to guess which one? Narduzzi can't coach worth a damn either. Hope he stays at Pitt forever.

DVhv6_By_Ws_AA8smz_1.jpg

One of Pitt's combine invites is a punter who only put 28% of his punts inside the 20. Compare that to Gillikin who put 50% of his punts inside the 20.

Umm...the only reason we should want Harbaugh to stay is because we want a strong Michigan. It's honestly comical that people are writing him off at this point. It's as premature as people writing Franklin off after the Pitt & Michigan games in 2016.

Umm...the only reason we should want Harbaugh to stay is because we want a strong Michigan. It's honestly comical that people are writing him off at this point. It's as premature as people writing Franklin off after the Pitt & Michigan games in 2016.
Harbaugh’s not as good as Franklin...sorry to disappoint you.

And it’s not even close with the gap getting wider every year. What’s his excuse going to be this year - can’t be too young a team or all Hokes guys- it will probable be that his rent a QB wasn’t allowed to play.

Reactions: JJTopp99
We know Narduzzi can't recruit worth a damn, but check out the below graphic on schools with the most players going to be participating in the NFL combine. Impressive list. Obviously those schools had talented players, yet ONLY one of those schools on the list had a losing record last year and did not make a bowl game. ONLY one. Care to guess which one? Narduzzi can't coach worth a damn either. Hope he stays at Pitt forever.

DVhv6_By_Ws_AA8smz_1.jpg

Good to see lil johnny has stopped his crying from last Sunday night.

Right now, Franklin's better. You're ignoring Harbaugh's time at Stanford and with the Niners though.
I'm not disappointed at all that Franklin's having more success--that's what I want.
I think it's comical that people are writing off Harbaugh...if Michigan beats us this year I'm fully prepared for the overreaction

Right now, Franklin's better. You're ignoring Harbaugh's time at Stanford and with the Niners though.
I'm not disappointed at all that Franklin's having more success--that's what I want.
I think it's comical that people are writing off Harbaugh...if Michigan beats us this year I'm fully prepared for the overreaction
Harbaugh’s time at Stanford was a lot of luck (Andrew Luck).

MI has a lot of talent coming back.

I agree with you that is a sleeping giant. I believe it is our toughest
game of the year. The defense should be lights out. The only question is his offense. It reminds me of Stanford. It can be great, but I have yet to see that. I think they didn’t recruit this year,because they stayed on campus trying to retool and figure out how to win. They have the talent.
This year will be the year to prove it.

Harbaugh is a guy that's going to need a great QB running that scheme. Maybe it's Patterson. Maybe it's McCaffrey. Maybe they don't have that guy. Harbaugh gets credit for convincing Luck to go to Stanford. Yes, Luck wanted the best education possible but (and I wish) he could have gone to Northwestern or any other top academic school in the country. Luck also wasn't the top QB in the country that year. Harbaugh gets credit for developing him

Harbaugh is a guy that's going to need a great QB running that scheme. Maybe it's Patterson. Maybe it's McCaffrey. Maybe they don't have that guy. Harbaugh gets credit for convincing Luck to go to Stanford. Yes, Luck wanted the best education possible but (and I wish) he could have gone to Northwestern or any other top academic school in the country. Luck also wasn't the top QB in the country that year. Harbaugh gets credit for developing him
So if Harbaugh developed Luck, why can’t he develop anyone at Michigan? Why is he relying on transfers? My guess is Luck had so many personal coaches plus his dad working with him that all Harbaugh had to do was get out of the way.

So if Harbaugh developed Luck, why can’t he develop anyone at Michigan? Why is he relying on transfers? My guess is Luck had so many personal coaches plus his dad working with him that all Harbaugh had to do was get out of the way.

Not everyone can be developed. He likely made mistakes during recruiting although, unlike you, I don't see how going about Shea Patterson is a negative. Shea's a potential top 10 pick. It's a smart move by him. Harbaugh won with Kaep in the NFL...you can try to negate everything he's accomplished but it doesn't work.

Also, he may just believe McCaffrey will benefit for sitting one more year instead of rushing the kid.

If we added Patterson or Hurts or anyone else I'm not going to criticize Franklin for adding talent. That's his job.

Was never big on these kind of arguments. If Andrew Luck was the only reason JH won games does that also mean that Frankin is only winning because of Barkley and Mc Sorly? I don't believe so but maybe some do.

Not everyone can be developed. He likely made mistakes during recruiting although, unlike you, I don't see how going about Shea Patterson is a negative. Shea's a potential top 10 pick. It's a smart move by him. Harbaugh won with Kaep in the NFL...you can try to negate everything he's accomplished but it doesn't work.

Also, he may just believe McCaffrey will benefit for sitting one more year instead of rushing the kid.

If we added Patterson or Hurts or anyone else I'm not going to criticize Franklin for adding talent. That's his job.
You’re awful sensitive about Jimmy. Tell me how many championships he’s won in college.

Was never big on these kind of arguments. If Andrew Luck was the only reason JH won games does that also mean that Frankin is only winning because of Barkley and Mc Sorly? I don't believe so but maybe some do.
I don’t think so either, but we’ll see won’t we?

You’re awful sensitive about Jimmy. Tell me how many championships he’s won in college.

Same number that Franklin and most coaches have won...zero
If you mean conference titles he has 2 in college
He won nearly 70% of his games in the NFL. No one has to like him but it's crazy not to give him credit for his accomplishments.
Now I'm a Michigan fan apparently...smh.

Same number that Franklin and most coaches have won...zero
If you mean conference titles he has 2 in college
He won nearly 70% of his games in the NFL. No one has to like him but it's crazy not to give him credit for his accomplishments.
Now I'm a Michigan fan apparently...smh.
Not sure who you’re a fan of and nobody else on here can figure it out....we all just know you’re not a Penn State fan.

And I guess I should have been more clear...how many P5 championships has he won...you know, real championships. And I wasn’t not giving him credit, I just said he’s not as good as Franklin and you went off on this tangent supporting him (which is not surprising).

Not sure who you’re a fan of and nobody else on here can figure it out....we all just know you’re not a Penn State fan.

And I guess I should have been more clear...how many P5 championships has he won...you know, real championships. And I wasn’t not giving him credit, I just said he’s not as good as Franklin and you went off on this tangent supporting him (which is not surprising).

1. I responded to the original poster and you turned it into a Franklin/Harbaugh debate when I simply stated writing Harbaugh off is as premature as those that did it with Franklin less than 2 years ago.
2. A championship is a national title IMO. Franklin has none. Harbaugh has none. Neither has reached the playoffs. Harbaugh's finished the year ranked higher (4) than Franklin's best (7)
3. I'm a college football fan that roots for Penn State which is far different than most here that love Penn State and look for reasons to attack every other program
4. Harbaugh, like Franklin, is a great coach. We're fortunate there are 4 great coaches in the Big Ten East which is why it's the best division in college football. Hopefully Scott Frost proves he's in that league as well so we have more than Wisconsin in the west.

Hairball developed a quarterback in San Francisco that has made a career out of taking a knee during the National Anthem also. A quarterback with as poor a throwing motion as you may ever see in the NFL. A guy that makes Billy Kilmer throwing a football look like poetry in motion. Yes, I will give Hairball credit for developing the take a knee fraud also.

1. I responded to the original poster and you turned it into a Franklin/Harbaugh debate when I simply stated writing Harbaugh off is as premature as those that did it with Franklin less than 2 years ago.
2. A championship is a national title IMO. Franklin has none. Harbaugh has none. Neither has reached the playoffs. Harbaugh's finished the year ranked higher (4) than Franklin's best (7)
3. I'm a college football fan that roots for Penn State which is far different than most here that love Penn State and look for reasons to attack every other program
4. Harbaugh, like Franklin, is a great coach. We're fortunate there are 4 great coaches in the Big Ten East which is why it's the best division in college football. Hopefully Scott Frost proves he's in that league as well so we have more than Wisconsin in the west.

Why do we care at all about Michigan? OSU is the top dog in the conference. If we start winning against them on a regular basis we will get respect. If we beat Michigan 10 years in a row, nobody will care if we lose to OSU 10 years in a row.

Why do we care at all about Michigan? OSU is the top dog in the conference. If we start winning against them on a regular basis we will get respect. If we beat Michigan 10 years in a row, nobody will care if we lose to OSU 10 years in a row.

We need to beat both consistently. Michigan beat us 2 years ago. They're still relevant. We're clearly ahead of them and the 2018 recruiting class will only help that but acting as though Michigan is dead or Maryland doesn't make any sense. It's as dumb as Ohio State and Michigan fans that thought we were dead

Pioneer League Championships? Seriously? You're counting that vs Big 10 titles of which Harbaugh has ZERO.

No wonder I ignored you and do so again.

1. Harbaugh is getting close to being written off. Anyone who was writing Franklin off after two years was stupid.
2. A championship is more than just a NC. Big 10 championships matter, of which Harbaugh has 0.
3. A college football fan who roots for Penn State is different....it means you’re not really a Penn State fan, just an observer with a casual preference. As much as you think that makes you better, it doesn’t.
4. Please explain why Harbaugh is a great coach besides hype. He had one really good year at Stanford and has underperformed at Michigan. If he’s a great coach then Meyer, Franklin and Dantonio are beyond great....stupendous, phenomenal, mega terrific, whatever adjective you want to use but it has to be beyond great.

DVhv6_By_Ws_AA8smz_1.jpg

uhm THEY BEAT MIAMI!

#KeychainProgram

The media is telling us that the Michigan defense should be lights out. The same media that ranks Michigan in the top ten every year in the preseason, only to watch them fall back where they belong. I don't want to hear that the Michigan defense should be lights out. I want to see it. I didn't see it against Ohio State, or us. I didn't see it against South Carolina. Or MSU.

So pray, someone tell me why I should believe that the defense is going to be lights out? Where, precisely, is the evidence?

Reactions: Option Bob
1. Harbaugh is getting close to being written off. Anyone who was writing Franklin off after two years was stupid.
2. A championship is more than just a NC. Big 10 championships matter, of which Harbaugh has 0.
3. A college football fan who roots for Penn State is different....it means you’re not really a Penn State fan, just an observer with a casual preference. As much as you think that makes you better, it doesn’t.
4. Please explain why Harbaugh is a great coach besides hype. He had one really good year at Stanford and has underperformed at Michigan. If he’s a great coach then Meyer, Franklin and Dantonio are beyond great....stupendous, phenomenal, mega terrific, whatever adjective you want to use but it has to be beyond great.

1. Writing off Harbaugh is equally as stupid
2. No...there's only one champion each year.
3. There's a huge difference between someone that blindly roots for a school and someone that loves the sport. Most here, not saying you, have expressed their hatred of the sport and how they refuse to watch other games then they try to claim we're better than other teams when they've never actually seen them play. In reality, everyone should be a fan of a sport then have a team in that sport that they root for. I root for Penn State in all college sports (football, basketball, WVB, hockey) that I'm interested in but I also give credit to other teams that are good. It's not a difficult concept. I always love when people claim to be football fans but won't watch the title game because both teams are SEC school--you aren't really a fan
4. He built Stanford into a great program. He won at San Diego. He won at San Francisco. He even went 20-6 his first two years at Michigan. Michigan had a horrible year last year but that happens at most schools not named Alabama from time to time. Essentially you want to write him off due to an 8-5 year and a bad recruiting cycle. It's just idiotic. Michigan has a difficult schedule in 2018...Penn State & Wisconsin at home. At Notre Dame, Northwestern, Michigan State & Ohio State. If they go 8-4 or worse then there's legit reason for concern. If they win 10+ (which means they 2 beat at least 2 of us, ND, Ohio State & Wisconsin) then they're in great shape. Harbaugh could get any job he wanted in the NFL if he simply made a call about the opening. You can pretend he sucks all you want but you have nothing other than one 8- season and a recruiting cycle to back it up. They blew us out about 16 months ago. That's not ancient history

You've got your tongue so far up Harbaugh's butt, it's likely to be lost.

Harbaugh won at San Diego. Not San Diego State. Not the Chargers. San Diego. As in almost-Division-II San Diego. Sorry, but I'm not impressed. Might as well count high school wins, while you are at it.

He had one good year at Stanford. One. You could look it up. And oh, he had a great quarterback that was waiting for him when he got there.

At Michigan, a place where he has absolutely everything at his disposal, he still hasn't finished higher than 3rd in his division. And he probably won't next year, either. A bit of bad luck, and he could easily finish 4th.

And you are dreaming if you think NFL GM's sit around and masturbate thinking about him. Everybody remembers what happened in SF when he left. They had a party. No matter what you or the media thinks, it was a shit-show when he left SF, and teams are not lining up for him. The media thinks they are, perhaps. The same media that once again puts Michigan in the top ten every year in the preseason.

So far, the man is all hype. He wins the spring, as they say. So far he hasn't come close at Michigan to winning the Fall. But if you want to lick his statue, have at it.

1. Writing off Harbaugh is equally as stupid
2. No...there's only one champion each year.
3. There's a huge difference between someone that blindly roots for a school and someone that loves the sport. Most here, not saying you, have expressed their hatred of the sport and how they refuse to watch other games then they try to claim we're better than other teams when they've never actually seen them play. In reality, everyone should be a fan of a sport then have a team in that sport that they root for. I root for Penn State in all college sports (football, basketball, WVB, hockey) that I'm interested in but I also give credit to other teams that are good. It's not a difficult concept. I always love when people claim to be football fans but won't watch the title game because both teams are SEC school--you aren't really a fan
4. He built Stanford into a great program. He won at San Diego. He won at San Francisco. He even went 20-6 his first two years at Michigan. Michigan had a horrible year last year but that happens at most schools not named Alabama from time to time. Essentially you want to write him off due to an 8-5 year and a bad recruiting cycle. It's just idiotic. Michigan has a difficult schedule in 2018...Penn State & Wisconsin at home. At Notre Dame, Northwestern, Michigan State & Ohio State. If they go 8-4 or worse then there's legit reason for concern. If they win 10+ (which means they 2 beat at least 2 of us, ND, Ohio State & Wisconsin) then they're in great shape. Harbaugh could get any job he wanted in the NFL if he simply made a call about the opening. You can pretend he sucks all you want but you have nothing other than one 8- season and a recruiting cycle to back it up. They blew us out about 16 months ago. That's not ancient history
Pointing out what he’s done so far at Michigan is not writing him off. He has yet to prove he’s worth the money he’s making and he hasn’t proven that at any school he’s coached. I don’t care what he did or didn’t do at SF because we’re talking college coaching. I guess if he’s given a lifetime contract he may have a really good year once in a while...but I’m not sure and neither are you.

And there’s a difference between giving credit to another team and slobbering all over them. You also tend to give the benefit of the doubt in any discussion to any team over Penn State or any player from another team over a Penn State player. That’s either trolling or trying too hard to seem objective. If you prefer Penn State then the benefit of the doubt should go to Penn State (that’s called being a fan).

78freebeverage is a troll. It's been obvious since Day One. He won't admit it, but it's obvious.

You've got your tongue so far up Harbaugh's butt, it's likely to be lost.

Harbaugh won at San Diego. Not San Diego State. Not the Chargers. San Diego. As in almost-Division-II San Diego. Sorry, but I'm not impressed. Might as well count high school wins, while you are at it.

He had one good year at Stanford. One. You could look it up. And oh, he had a great quarterback that was waiting for him when he got there.

At Michigan, a place where he has absolutely everything at his disposal, he still hasn't finished higher than 3rd in his division. And he probably won't next year, either. A bit of bad luck, and he could easily finish 4th.

And you are dreaming if you think NFL GM's sit around and masturbate thinking about him. Everybody remembers what happened in SF when he left. They had a party. No matter what you or the media thinks, it was a shit-show when he left SF, and teams are not lining up for him. The media thinks they are, perhaps. The same media that once again puts Michigan in the top ten every year in the preseason.

So far, the man is all hype. He wins the spring, as they say. So far he hasn't come close at Michigan to winning the Fall. But if you want to lick his statue, have at it.

LOL--I said San Diego. Not San Diego State. Not the Chargers. I'm taking those wins for exactly what they are.

Again, he recruited and developed Luck. He built the Stanford program. Do you recall how bad Stanford was before he arrived or do you not follow college football and actually had to look up his record at Stanford?

What happened the Niners when he left? If you don't believe NFL teams would take him in a second you're in denial. He won't go to the NFL without having more control but if he was willing to sacrifice that he'd be at the top of the list for every job. Same kind of nonsense goes on here when discussing O'Brien.

He had two 10 wins years out of 3 at Michigan. So he wins a little bit in the fall but last year was bad. Honestly, this board is so terrified of Harbaugh and Michigan they're making an 8-5 season and a poor recruiting class allow them to believe this is Brady Hoke all over again. I'm not worried about Michigan. I want Michigan to be strong. Just like I want Ohio State, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Northwestern, Michigan State and every one else in the Big Ten to be strong. I don't want a cakewalk. I want to beat good/great/elite teams unlike what we did last year.

LOL--I said San Diego. Not San Diego State. Not the Chargers. I'm taking those wins for exactly what they are.

Again, he recruited and developed Luck. He built the Stanford program. Do you recall how bad Stanford was before he arrived or do you not follow college football and actually had to look up his record at Stanford?

What happened the Niners when he left? If you don't believe NFL teams would take him in a second you're in denial. He won't go to the NFL without having more control but if he was willing to sacrifice that he'd be at the top of the list for every job. Same kind of nonsense goes on here when discussing O'Brien.

He had two 10 wins years out of 3 at Michigan. So he wins a little bit in the fall but last year was bad. Honestly, this board is so terrified of Harbaugh and Michigan they're making an 8-5 season and a poor recruiting class allow them to believe this is Brady Hoke all over again. I'm not worried about Michigan. I want Michigan to be strong. Just like I want Ohio State, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Northwestern, Michigan State and every one else in the Big Ten to be strong. I don't want a cakewalk. I want to beat good/great/elite teams unlike what we did last year.
Sorry, I’m not terrified of Harbaugh...he hasn’t done anything to be terrified of him.

And nice backhanded compliment for PSU at the end of your post....typical and which is exactly why everyone knows you’re a troll.

78freebeverage is a troll. It's been obvious since Day One. He won't admit it, but it's obvious.
No doubt about that...I’m still convinced it’s LionRevival. He denies it and says he used to be someone else, but he won’t say who. He’s got that same arrogant, know it all attitude that LionRevival had.

ADVERTISEMENT