ADVERTISEMENT

Just a reminder that the Urban Meyer "investigation" deadline is Sunday.

I doubt that he is, either. I still think there will be nothing other than maybe a public reprimand or suspension and apology and promise not to do it again, whatever it proves to be.

Honestly, I kind of hope they keep him just because I'm tired of every ESPN talking head and twitter/social media know-nothing trying to tell people what is and isn't acceptable. That's what led to the JoePa situation. If Urban didn't lie to his bosses and didn't break any laws then he should stay, and no outside entity should have any influence on it. If he stays and this incident happens to hurt recruiting going forward and game-planning for the early games in upcoming season I don't have a problem with that.

Except for the fact that he kept a wife beater around despite several incidents and over years of time. Isn’t one of his bold mottos on the team wall, “treat women with respect” or “don’t beat women” or something to that effect? So much for his line of BS on “core values”. Maybe he told his boss (maybe not), but isn’t the right thing to do is get rid of the repeat-offending miscreant on his staff?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT