ADVERTISEMENT

Just a game 5 hockey thead (Pens-Fyers) and a guarantee by Claude Giorux!

donkey-braying.jpg

Giroux is minus-7 and playing like shiz. How about shut the hell up with guarantees? Is Giroux planning to play goal?

I am a Flyers fan. At this point, the Flyers should stay home and take the money they are going to spend on traveling to Pittsburgh and donate it to the poor.

So, arguably the worst player in the post season so far is guaranteeing a win? Okay

Honestly, Philadelphia COULD obviously win tonight but to make any guarantee after the last 2 games in which they were embarrassed on home ice is pure stupidity but a horrible captain and a guy that had to move to wing to be effective.

Guys, you're embarrassing yourselves. Giroux didn't guaranty anything, not that a guaranty in sports really means anything. He expressed confidence they'd win. Where was the word guaranty? If he's wrong, the only consequence is being wrong. That's not a guaranty. The author ran with his words and so are you.

So... you're mocking him for being confident? Ok. But it's not like they hadn't beaten the Pens before, including these playoffs.

Nothing to see here.

Reactions: TheGLOV
After what I have seen in this series, the good old Broad Street Bullies are either rolling in their graves, or rolling in their Nursing Homes. Absolutely loved those teams. The hurt they put on the Russians was one of the best beat downs I have ever seen.

This Flyers team is beyond embarrassing. I don't think I have ever seen a softer or slower team in the Playoffs. How the crap did they ever get there??? Even the game they won, they were pretty much outplayed. The Pens just weren't connecting on their shots. LOTS of goalposts in that game.

This is what you get when you legislate against fighting and aggressiveness. If one team is just plain better, especially EXPONENTIALLY better, the other team just quits. That's what the Flyers have done. They know they have no chance, so they've just quit.

Even the NHL Network announcers admit that the NHL has legislated all the fight out of the Flyers. You can hear the disgust in their voices when they all but admit they have "quit playing". I think one of the guys even said "Without being allowed to fight and hit, this team has just given up. Would have never happened in the old days".

Worst team in the Playoffs this year BY FAR. And it's not even close. Their fans deserved a MUCH better showing on Home Ice.

After what I have seen in this series, the good old Broad Street Bullies are either rolling in their graves, or rolling in their Nursing Homes. Absolutely loved those teams. The hurt they put on the Russians was one of the best beat downs I have ever seen.

This Flyers team is beyond embarrassing. I don't think I have ever seen a softer or slower team in the Playoffs. How the crap did they ever get there??? Even the game they won, they were pretty much outplayed. The Pens just weren't connecting on their shots. LOTS of goalposts in that game.

This is what you get when you legislate against fighting and aggressiveness. If one team is just plain better, especially EXPONENTIALLY better, the other team just quits. That's what the Flyers have done. They know they have no chance, so they've just quit.

Even the NHL Network announcers admit that the NHL has legislated all the fight out of the Flyers. You can hear the disgust in their voices when they all but admit they have "quit playing". I think one of the guys even said "Without being allowed to fight and hit, this team has just given up. Would have never happened in the old days".

Worst team in the Playoffs this year BY FAR. And it's not even close. Their fans deserved a MUCH better showing on Home Ice.

If you can't beat them, beat them up.

Somewhere Tony Twist and Tie Domi are smiling.

Wait, they are making the Flyers try and play hockey instead of fight? No way! Next they will be making the Rutgres grapplers wrestle instead of throwing punches.

Reactions: odshowtime

Worst team just beat the champs on their home ice again. Flyers aren’t as great as we hope and can be embarrassing at times. But they didn’t quit. And this win wasn’t Giroux’s guaranty. He didn’t guaranty.

Worst team just beat the champs on their home ice again. Flyers aren’t as great as we hope and can be embarrassing at times. But they didn’t quit. And this win wasn’t Giroux’s guaranty. He didn’t guaranty.
When the Lens play bad, they play bad. Those last two Flyer goals were just garbage. Sloppy.

When the Lens play bad, they play bad. Those last two Flyer goals were just garbage. Sloppy.
The last wasn’t really a competitive score. I’m happy the score card looks better for th flyers, but the game was won 3-2.

Can we play another one in Pittsburgh? That’s worked out ok so far...

Oops, by “we” I almost sounded like I’m as into this as season-long fans. I’ve only been to 3 Flyers games this season. But with all this banter, the series has grabbed my attention. Go Flyers! But whoever wins, I’ll want them to win it all. Why not. I like it when guys here are happy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT