ADVERTISEMENT

Junior WTT

WreslingFan0314

Jan 14, 2017
Starts May 18 at 10 am Central time in Rochester, MN

Not many entries listed on Flo yet, but there are a few PSU guys and a handful more PA wrestlers.
As of 5/11/

65 kg - Nick Lee
70 kg - Brady Berge
70 kg - Jarod Verkleeren
70 kg - Loaded again with the above two, Austin O'Conner, Brock Mauller & Jacori Teemer

79kg - Michael Labriola & Trent Hidlay

That's all so far. No Joe Lee. Was hoping he would enter. He finished 2nd at last year's US Open (70kg) and 3rd at Fargo (160). Not sure where he is in terms of weight now.

Reactions: kevin310
I think Nick could win his bracket and take 2 of 3 from Demas. It would be a nice training experience. He had a down FS tournament last year, but I guess we will see. Obviously Berge could win 70KG as well.

PSU guys seem to be in absentia this year: Zain, Nolf, Nickal, Joseph, Hall and many of the juniors (even, surprisingly, Manville in Greco). I assume Nico will be there at 61 KG, along with Aaron Brooks at the junior level; not sure about Seth Nevills. Perhaps the grind of long college and high school seasons ... ??

PSU guys seem to be in absentia this year: Zain, Nolf, Nickal, Joseph, Hall and many of the juniors (even, surprisingly, Manville in Greco). I assume Nico will be there at 61 KG, along with Aaron Brooks at the junior level; not sure about Seth Nevills. Perhaps the grind of long college and high school seasons ... ??

Hall was just in peru

Zain making some $

Nolf healing

Nickal & Joseph loving life

Yes, Lee vs. Chad Red could be good. They battled in high school.

No shit? I'm just south of Roch.
Born and raised there. Lived there the first 29 years of my life, minus 4-5 years for college and the one year in lived in California. I've been a proud Iowan basically for 25 years.

Family is all still there too. You likely would know my last name, as I had family members who somewhat made some names for themselves on the mat.

Born and raised there. Lived there the first 29 years of my life, minus 4-5 years for college and the one year in lived in California. I've been a proud Iowan basically for 25 years.

Family is all still there too. You likely would know my last name, as I had family members who somewhat made some names for themselves on the mat.
If your family members are involved in the sport in the are, I probably know them. I'm very important in SE MN, just ask me lol. Small world, though.

Not really PSU related, but I notice that Travis Wittlake is registered at 74 kg for WTT, down from the 76 kg he wrestled last summer and the 79 kg he wrestled at the Open. Looks like he's begun his Okie State descent.
I think Travis is just wrestling the weight he is most effective at. He looked bulky and much slower at 79kg. It will help the Junior team with him and Marenelli competing for the 74 kg spot.

Just about every weight at Jr WTT has a previous Cadet World medalist competing. Impressive!
57 None
61 Arujau, Silver 2016
65 Verkleeren, Gold 2015
70 Lewan, Gold 2017; Teemer, Bronze 2017; Carr, Bronze 2016
74 Wittlake, Bronze 2016
79 Brooks, Gold 2017
86 Webster, Bronze 2015
92 Warner, Bronze 2016
97 Kerkvliet, Gold 2017
125 Steveson, Gold 2015, 2016 (and Jr. Gold 2017)

Plus, Daton Fix can request a wrestle off to make the Jr team at 57. He has a Cadet Bronze in 2015, plus Junior Gold 2017 and Bronze 2016. Hoffman is not registered, but has a Cadet Bronze 2017.

Last edited:
Just about every weight at Jr WTT has a previous Cadet World medalist competing. Impressive!
57 None
61 Arujau, Silver 2016
65 Verkleeren, Gold 2015
70 Lewan, Gold 2017; Teemer, Bronze 2017; Carr, Bronze 2016
74 Wittlake, Bronze 2016
79 Brooks, Gold 2017
86 Webster, Bronze 2015
92 Warner, Bronze 2016
97 Kerkvliet, Gold 2017
125 Steveson, Gold 2015, 2016 (and Jr. Gold 2017)

Plus, Daton Fix can request a wrestle off to make the Jr team at 57. He has a Cadet Bronze in 2015, plus Junior Gold 2017 and Bronze 2016. Hoffman is not registered, but has a Cadet Bronze 2017.
Wasn't Hoffman injured last month?

Nick looking nice and big to my eye. Makes quick work of Filius.

Verk gets the first takedown on Sasso but then falls victim to a nasty cradle.

Holy choke job. Brock Mauller gives up a 4-pointer with two seconds left to lose on criteria against Teemer.

Lee techs Storr in under 2 minutes.

Sasso gasses some against Murin. He also lets people on his legs too easily. Murin can go! Lee-Murin in the semi

ADVERTISEMENT