ADVERTISEMENT

Junior worlds

Very unique style. It will be interesting to see if she can do that on the senior level. She must be incredibly strong. There are some wrestlers where you just wonder what their go to attacks feel like. Her forward pressure and left under-hook, Spencer’s top pressure, Bull’s club, and JB’s double come to mind. Caels ankle pick. He always seemed to catch people flat footed.

I’m sure there are others I’m not thinking off. That would be an interesting conversation to have.
Matt Brown's club was better.

Regular season for Hawk bashing is April-February..
March is bashing season too but it's just more fun..
Fun People GIF

It's an insane time to be a supporter of the the U.S. ladies...

To have three generational talents---Blades, Elor, Welker all coming up through the ranks at the same time is a sign of good things coming in the future....

To know that we have future successors to Tamyra and Adeline is a weight off the shoulders!

I am also extremely happy for Macaluso....She is truly is one of those people that adds a light/positivity to any environment she enters!

She jumped levels from one summer (lost 10-0 in the Fargo Junior finals in 2021) to the next (U20 World Silver in 2022)!

To have three generational talents---Blades, Elor, Welker all coming up through the ranks at the same time is a sign of good things coming in the future....

To know that we have future successors to Tamyra and Adeline is a weight off the shoulders!

I am also extremely happy for Macaluso....She is truly is one of those people that adds a light/positivity to any environment she enters!

She jumped levels from one summer (lost 10-0 in the Fargo Junior finals in 2021) to the next (U20 World Silver in 2022)!
Totally agree. I think the one issue might be Blades and Welker being at the same weight. It would be a real shame for one of them to not make world teams. They are all such truly special talents

Reactions: Hofman19
I figured. I wasn’t talking about who’s a better wrestler. I was talking about how he used that club to do his pop double. The pressure he’d put on his opponents with his heavy hands. I think it presents a unique feel like the other wrestlers i mentioned. I wasn’t comparing wrestlers, but okay. How could you even read that post and think I was trying to compare career accomplishments?

I thought people on here, given the wrestling knowledge, would add additional people to my primitive list, maybe people I wouldn’t have thought of. Instead it turned into gif posting and Hawkeye bashing and being condescending, because you don’t like Iowa.

It’s your prerogative. I’m sure it’s easier to gain favor amongst the psu faithful here shitting on me. Enjoy the low hanging fruit if you must.
dont take it personal. its not about you.

dont take it personal. its not about you.
I definitely didn’t take it personally, nor was I upset. I was confused about the direction my intentions were taken more than anything. I thought I had my point clear enough. I was never talking about the “greatness” of the wrestlers i mentioned. I was talking about their unique identifiers that they seemed to do better than their contemporaries. Which is why I mentioned Bulls club and pop double.

All in all, the club to pop double is a fairly simple wrestling move. Similar to Amit’s left under hook slide by or shuck. For those moves to work as consistently as they do they must have a different feel to them. Hence the reason I compared the two. Wrestling is all about feel and athletes I mentioned clearly had a different feel to them.

I get it, I’m and Iowa fan on a PSU wrestling board, shots will be taken. I appreciate a good shot as much as the next guy. You know, rivalry and all.

I definitely didn’t take it personally, nor was I upset. I was confused about the direction my intentions were taken more than anything. I thought I had my point clear enough. I was never talking about the “greatness” of the wrestlers i mentioned. I was talking about their unique identifiers that they seemed to do better than their contemporaries. Which is why I mentioned Bulls club and pop double.

All in all, the club to pop double is a fairly simple wrestling move. Similar to Amit’s left under hook slide by or shuck. For those moves to work as consistently as they do they must have a different feel to them. Hence the reason I compared the two. Wrestling is all about feel and athletes I mentioned clearly had a different feel to them.

I get it, I’m and Iowa fan on a PSU wrestling board, shots will be taken. I appreciate a good shot as much as the next guy. You know, rivalry and all.
Which one are you?

cheerful-Hawkeye-meme.jpg

Heres a note ..... if you need 3 paragraphs to explain what you thought, you might be doing this wrong.

Also, if you have to tell us you're a hawk fan, when your handle is hawk fan....you might still be doing this wrong.

Heres a note ..... if you need 3 paragraphs to explain what you thought, you might be doing this wrong.

Also, if you have to tell us you're a hawk fan, when your handle is hawk fan....you might still be doing this wrong.
I’m long winded and I was misconstrued. I tried doing it one paragraph but I confused a few of the simpler posters ; ). I thought a little explanation might have been warranted.

Btw, good to see you in your native land.

Last edited:

I agree. Problem is Olympic years only two of those three studs will make the team. I think Welker will end up the odd woman out.

Reactions: Hofman19
ADVERTISEMENT