ADVERTISEMENT

Junior World Championships Thread

The greatest fans in the world! I think its awesome you guys follow Aaron and he isn’t even there yet! Great experience winning a Junior World medal and rooting on Brady with his parents. Really looking forward to the PSU years! Thank you for the support!
From one Aaron to another Aaron... he's a champion at LIFE and I can't wait to see what the future holds for your son in his years at Penn State. We'll get to relish in his growth as you already have being his father. He's already making anyone who follows his success... so utterly proud. The person is just as accomplished as the wrestler. Well done... DAD!!! And mom. :)

The greatest fans in the world! I think its awesome you guys follow Aaron and he isn’t even there yet! Great experience winning a Junior World medal and rooting on Brady with his parents. Really looking forward to the PSU years! Thank you for the support!
He’s a great kid that carries himself well on and off the mat. Thank you for complimenting us PSU fans but really, I suspect Aaron has admirers all across this nation.....even in Iowa. Lol

Last edited:
It does seem to me, disrespect is something you see in your head. They have meds for that.
Saying Bo will have a field day with Warner is not disrespecting the Warner kid. Arguing in response to the "having a field day" that Warner won a cadet world medal and Bo did not is really a weird and intellectually weak counter. But everybody has their standards and capabilities.

Lugo beat Berge before Berge had time in the PSU room. Cyler Sanderson pummeled true freshman David Taylor in an intra-squad meet Taylor's freshman year. By the first weekend in December that no longer was happening.

Lugo who has a developed track record, and Berge who is just now beginning to display his development should be an interesting match. Based on nothing other than which room does what with talent, Berge will own this matchup.

"Saying Bo will have a field day with Warner is not disrespecting the Warner kid."

Hmmm.

Reactions: lionlover
"Saying Bo will have a field day with Warner is not disrespecting the Warner kid."

Hmmm.

Is it disrespectful to mention that Bo has pinned every Iowa wrestler he's faced and none of them have made it to the second round? Or to say I'd love to see Iowa v PSU this year because I like his chances of doing it again?

Last edited:

Hmmm.
Nope. If he has trouble stopping a duck under - sounds like it happened twice in same match this weekend - he’s going to have serious trouble with Nickal as that’s one of his several moves he hits on everybody. Concentrate on stopping that, and Nickal gets you several other ways. Is reality disrespect?

Again, kid lost to Cash Wilcke. Let’s just say he’s going to have to prove he’s mid-AA caliber before we anoint him.

In contradistinction, no one here is challenging the high hopes for Kemerer at 174 as he has proven his folkstyle chops in abundance.

Nope. If he has trouble stopping a duck under - sounds like it happened twice in same match this weekend - he’s going to have serious trouble with Nickal as that’s one of his several moves he hits on everybody. Concentrate on stopping that, and Nickal gets you several other ways. Is reality disrespect?

Again, kid lost to Cash Wilcke. Let’s just say he’s going to have to prove he’s mid-AA caliber before we anoint him.

In contradistinction, no one here is challenging the high hopes for Kemerer at 174 as he has proven his folkstyle chops in abundance.
It all depends on what you mean by "high hopes for Kemerer". More than a few Hawk fans believe Kemerer is a solid finalist threat at 174 while in reality (assuming good health for all) he is looking at a 3rd or 4th place finish.

Reactions: danoftw

Not sure it's fair to bring up Warner's loss to Wilcke - or Brunner, or true frosh Brucki and Woodley. IIRC Bo lost to some dude in Wyoming his RS year, Jason got handled by James Green during his RS, DT got mauled by Cael's bro, etc., etc., etc. and Cael got them all to the finals the next year. I mean, Cael is just an ok coach on the developmental side of things, and - for sure - the Brands brothers can do at least as well and probably better (I think I read that somewhere) - so HR optimism should be unbridled. Now that they got their recruiting chops up to par it's an all black and gold future.

giphy.gif

It would be why? Is there some sort of track record indicating that prediction is extreme and far fetched?
Hmmmm.

Not at all. But let's acknowledge when we don't respect a wrestler's abilities. The responses to my post suggest that lacking respect for a person's (or team's) abilities is somehow inherently bad or wrong. It's not. A football team's offense will sometimes run the ball time and time and time again against the opponent, simply because they know they can't be stopped. They don't respect the ability of the defense to stop the run. Saying that Bo will have a field day with Warner is certainly a reflection of enormous respect for Bo's abilities, but it's hard to argue that it also doesn't reflect a lack of respect for Warner's. It's not saying he's a bad person, or lacking in character, or a quitter, or anything of the sort.

Reactions: lionlover
Not at all. But let's acknowledge when we don't respect a wrestler's abilities. The responses to my post suggest that lacking respect for a person's (or team's) abilities is somehow inherently bad or wrong. It's not. A football team's offense will sometimes run the ball time and time and time again against the opponent, simply because they know they can't be stopped. They don't respect the ability of the defense to stop the run. Saying that Bo will have a field day with Warner is certainly a reflection of enormous respect for Bo's abilities, but it's hard to argue that it also doesn't reflect a lack of respect for Warner's. It's not saying he's a bad person, or lacking in character, or a quitter, or anything of the sort.
Recognizing Bo's skill set to probably be superior to Warner's is in no way disrespectful to the Warner kid, it is simply an observation based upon experience.

Your example of one team running the ball down another team's throat because the other team can't stop it isn't disrespecting the defensive skills as much as recognizing another's weakness and taking advantage of it.

From my point of view, showing Warner a lack of respect would be a blatant dismissal of his skills and efforts.

When we are picking the dual between Nolf and Jordan and we give PSU 5 team points, is that disrespecting Jordan or recognizing Nolf's superiority and the probable outcome?

We were in Slovakia during the tournament, though didn't leave Bratislava...so rooted and followed results from a distance...CONGRATS to Brady and Aaron, and all the USA guys.

Reactions: pish69

Mr. Brooks, I wasn't sure if you saw this neat photo of Aaron and Ishiguro on the UWW site...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT