ADVERTISEMENT

Junior World Championships Thread

Brady Berge, wins a world bronze, and secures an ultra-rare Cael RT in the same day!

A Cael RT?! Berge is the favorite to win 149 now. He hasn't even RT'd any of Marky, Zain, or Taylor's international success.

It was a fun to only have to scroll down a bit to read Cael's (uncharacteristically) bashing refs from Gomez being screwed over.

Reactions: tikk10
Warner a probable finalist at 197 but Berge probably won’t even AA because of Lugo and others.

Don’t stop believin’
Don't make stuff up. Warner is a stud and the Iowa fanbase should be able to hype him. Berge"s brother didn't pan out at Iowa, so a few should be skeptical?

Don't make stuff up. Warner is a stud and the Iowa fanbase should be able to hype him. Berge"s brother didn't pan out at Iowa, so a few should be skeptical?
Re: Berge. It’s the wishful thinking that’s so endearing. Not making stuff up. We see it year after year until it’s clear our young guys can bring it.

Conversely, what the hell has Lugo ever done?

Warnerov. The hawk fans still wanted Berge, the skepticism came when he didn't commit there. If he changed his mind and ended up there the skepticism because of his brother would disappear.Kind of like how last year I saw a guy called "a piece of sh#t" (not making it up)when he was on another team and now he's the humblest,most hard working guy in the room,and an all round swell guy.

Warnerov. The hawk fans still wanted Berge, the skepticism came when he didn't commit there. If he changed his mind and ended up there the skepticism because of his brother would disappear.Kind of like how last year I saw a guy called "a piece of sh#t" (not making it up)when he was on another team and now he's the humblest,most hard working guy in the room,and an all round swell guy.
Warner is a sure-fire high AA despite the fact he lost to slow footed Cash Wilke.

He’s also susceptible to the duck-under. Nickal is going to have a field day against him

Reactions: diggerpup
Warner is a sure-fire high AA despite the fact he lost to slow footed Cash Wilke.

He’s also susceptible to the duck-under. Nickal is going to have a field day against him
Warner hasbwon a bronze at the Jr. Level (edit cadet lvl. ) Bo never made the team. Don't disrespect these guys unless you can.

Last edited:
A couple weeks out of high school for Berge in freestyle. We’ll see now that Berge has spent time in the “Best Middleweight Room in College Wrestling”™
He still beat him. The future is a bad argument,. I think Berge is better, but lugo is a bad ass.

Come On Guys.....call a Truce. There isn't a single team in America that wouldn't LOVE to have Berge or Warner on their squad. Suggestion: Instead of belittling the talents of various young men......put your money where your "expertise" is....Make your predictions...... Make a friendly wager in which the loser buys wrestling shoes for kids. Have at it. :)

Ripping young men that are wrestling D1 is weak. Ripping Iowa fans is fine, but.
How am I ripping these guys? I’m saying they’re instantly overrated by Iowa fans, but Berge is predicted to struggle despite equal or better results.

You guys call Mark Hall and Nickal all kinds of names just because their celebrations are not to your liking. I’d rather see a celebration or someone get something off his chest (Nickal’s speech aimed at Pope Tom Ryan), than bs tough guy tactics. Hall and Nickal are impeccable kids off the mat and compete honestly on it. But they kick Iowa ass so you’ve got to find something to get angry about.

I am so confused by all this. Penn State lost one point scoring senior......one of the best ever, and replace him with a world third place finisher.

Ok.

Reactions: diggerpup
With this performance at 70 kg, should the concern about Brady making 149 all season be put to bed?

He still has another 5 pounds to go, and would have to do it for an entire season. Luckily, I've never had the displeasure of cutting weight, so it could be insignificant for Berge, or that extra 5 could be a big deal.

Warner hasbwon a bronze at the Jr. Level (edit cadet lvl. ) Bo never made the team. Don't disrespect these guys unless you can.
It does seem to me, disrespect is something you see in your head. They have meds for that.
Saying Bo will have a field day with Warner is not disrespecting the Warner kid. Arguing in response to the "having a field day" that Warner won a cadet world medal and Bo did not is really a weird and intellectually weak counter. But everybody has their standards and capabilities.

Lugo beat Berge before Berge had time in the PSU room. Cyler Sanderson pummeled true freshman David Taylor in an intra-squad meet Taylor's freshman year. By the first weekend in December that no longer was happening.

Lugo who has a developed track record, and Berge who is just now beginning to display his development should be an interesting match. Based on nothing other than which room does what with talent, Berge will own this matchup.

. . . You guys call Mark Hall and Nickal all kinds of names just because their celebrations are not to your liking. I’d rather see a celebration or someone get something off his chest (Nickal’s speech aimed at Pope Tom Ryan), than bs tough guy tactics. Hall and Nickal are impeccable kids off the mat and compete honestly on it. But they kick Iowa ass so you’ve got to find something to get angry about.

I'm pretty sure @horraybeer is PSU (or otherwise a general PA wrestling guy).

Gavin Teasdale?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT