ADVERTISEMENT

Judge Grine recuses himself from Spanier Vs. Freeh case: Not good for the truth

WeR0206

Apr 9, 2014
This is not good folks...not good for Spanier or the truth. Here is the link to the order. From what I was able to find, Judge Grine did not list ANY reasons for recusing himself (after presiding over this case for 2 YEARS). Why now the sudden recusal?

Spanier's lawyers filed a memorandum in court on 4/30 stating that the case shouldn't be moved to a different judge/county (as freeh requested) b/c Grine hadn't recused himself.....then Judge Grine recuses himself (the recusal order was actually filed on 4/29 but I guess Spanier's lawyers weren't aware of it)....hmmmmm. Something fishy is going on here.

Now freeh can request the case to be moved to whatever toady judge he wants....NOT GOOD!

Last edited:
Reactions: a-real-fan
Maybe a real judge (not the Centre County ones) can make some rulings instead of stalling for years. SoL can be ruled on almost immediately. It's simple math. Beyond the scope of our philandering/texting the prosecutor's in the middle of the trial/letting witnesses perjure themselves under oath crew.

Maybe a real judge (not the Centre County ones) can make some rulings instead of stalling for years. SoL can be ruled on almost immediately. It's simple math. Beyond the scope of our philandering/texting the prosecutor's in the middle of the trial/letting witnesses perjure themselves under oath crew.

I agree with you but it sounds like you're referencing the CSS criminal cases, what I posted above was for the Spanier vs. freeh defamation case.

This is not good folks...not good for Spanier or the truth. Here is the link to the order. From what I was able to find, Judge Grine did not list ANY reasons for recusing himself (after presiding over this case for 2 YEARS). Why now the sudden recusal?

Spanier's lawyers filed a memorandum in court on 4/30 stating that the case shouldn't be moved to a different judge/county (as freeh requested) b/c Grine hadn't recused himself.....then Judge Grine recuses himself (the recusal order was actually filed on 4/29 but I guess Spanier's lawyers weren't aware of it)....hmmmmm. Something fishy is going on here.

Now freeh can request the case to be moved to whatever toady judge he wants....NOT GOOD!
What a complete and utter joke everything relating to this soap opera is.

Reactions: WeR0206
This is just so damned bizarre. On the other hand, at least Spanier has good lawyers to hopefully navigate this.

This is just so damned bizarre. On the other hand, at least Spanier has good lawyers to hopefully navigate this.

Yeah, let's hope Spanier doesn't get screwed here, but knowing the shambles the state of PA's judicial system is in, I wouldn't be surprised by anything anymore.

To me the big questions are, who gets to decide who the new judge will be? And does freeh have any influence/connections to these decision makers??

Forgive me if this was already brought up, but did anyone else find it strange that freeh initially asked for judge hoover to preside over the Spanier defamation suit? Was that some kind of legal maneuver by freeh, since hoover presides over the CSS criminal trials? Or did it suggest that freeh has a connection to hoover and he expected hoover to make rulings favorable to freeh if the defamation case goes to trial? If so, what would that say about the chances of CSS getting fair treatment from hoover if their criminal case goes to trial? Does freeh asking for hoover in any way suggest that hoover favors the prosecution in the CSS case and would hoover be like that joke magistrate judge, who presided over the last CSS preliminary hearing and seemed to rule almost 100% in favor of the prosecution during the proceedings whenever there was an issue under contention?

Forgive me if this was already brought up, but did anyone else find it strange that freeh initially asked for judge hoover to preside over the Spanier defamation suit? Was that some kind of legal maneuver by freeh, since hoover presides over the CSS criminal trials? Or did it suggest that freeh has a connection to hoover and he expected hoover to make rulings favorable to freeh if the defamation case goes to trial? If so, what would that say about the chances of CSS getting fair treatment from hoover if their criminal case goes to trial? Does freeh asking for hoover in any way suggest that hoover favors the prosecution in the CSS case and would hoover be like that joke magistrate judge, who presided over the last CSS preliminary hearing and seemed to rule almost 100% in favor of the prosecution during the proceedings whenever there was an issue under contention?
As far as I'm concerned there is zero question about anything you're speculating. Hoover appears to be bought and paid for. I voiced the same concern a couple of weeks ago regarding CSS chances of a fair trial. This is as crooked as can be.

Reactions: WeR0206
Do you doubt me, now?
Pennsylvania is corrupt to the core. My boss despised stupidity, greed and non-loyal paisans.

Russ would never have tolerated the greed shown by your trustees at penn state. You never would have needed our paisan Luigi to fix things for your stupid asinine mistakes.

So is it a surprise that judges and attorneys can be influenced?

It is desperation.
Your local judges will do as they are told.
But eventually your levee will break.
And when it does you will cry pieta.

Good old Frank. I do enjoy his posts. If true it would def explain a lot.

Interesting that Frank says louie freeh was working with org crime/PSU BOT to cover up the bot's mess.

I wonder if org crime's influence extends to the US attorneys covering PA's districts (i.e. Gordon Zubrod)?

If so, we truly have no hope to end the corruption in PA

As far as I'm concerned there is zero question about anything you're speculating. Hoover appears to be bought and paid for. I voiced the same concern a couple of weeks ago regarding CSS chances of a fair trial. This is as crooked as can be.
i think using the word "appears" is very polite. i hearken back to years of christmas past where the immortal phrase... pennsylvania, land of giants... was coined.

it was not a compliment.

Do you doubt me, now?
Pennsylvania is corrupt to the core. My boss despised stupidity, greed and non-loyal paisans.

Russ would never have tolerated the greed shown by your trustees at penn state. You never would have needed our paisan Luigi to fix things for your stupid asinine mistakes.

So is it a surprise that judges and attorneys can be influenced?

It is desperation.
Your local judges will do as they are told.
But eventually your levee will break.
And when it does you will cry pieta.
As I've said all along...we will never know the full truth.

I thought in the beginning that something didn't pass the smell test with regards to how deep this goes. IMO, the trail doesn't end in Harrisburg either. But, I don't think we will ever know how deep the hole is.

Spanier can also request a specific venue. Perhaps he should request Judge Covey.

He actually makes them look worse, which is no small feat.

They're winning though... That's why he is still around. If the state wasn't rotten to the core, the lid would have blown off already and we'd be sitting around drinking coffee talking about how he used to post here.

It's a lot of work for them, though, to continue to hide all of this. Can it really continue forever? I doubt it.

On top of that, I'm hoping that Sollers has some connections of his own to use. Inside the Beltway law firms would know all of the various games and rules, I'd imagine.

They're winning though... That's why he is still around. If the state wasn't rotten to the core, the lid would have blown off already and we'd be sitting around drinking coffee talking about how he used to post here.

Its a lull. The remaining lawsuits are by the hard core. There is no buying them off.

Hoover has zero connection to Freeh. Freeh has no sway over him (or any other judge) whatsoever. To be sure, there is a lot of corruption in Pennsylvania politics, but this idea that Hoover (who is a relatively obscure judge with a reputation for being VERY slow in making rulings), Senior Judge Cleland and the other judges in this case were/are corrupt is just plain silly. These posts are hilarious.

Spanier can also request a specific venue. Perhaps he should request Judge Covey.
The Commonwealth Court is an intermediate level appellate court which has limited, original jurisdiction only in certain cases involving state agencies. There is ZERO chance Covey, or any other Commonwealth Court judge, gets this case. If it is transferred anywhere, it will be to another county court with before a randomly chosen county court judge.

Hoover has zero connection to Freeh. Freeh has no sway over him (or any other judge) whatsoever. To be sure, there is a lot of corruption in Pennsylvania politics, but this idea that Hoover (who is a relatively obscure judge with a reputation for being VERY slow in making rulings), Senior Judge Cleland and the other judges in this case were/are corrupt is just plain silly. These posts are hilarious.
I don't know that these judges are corrupt, and I don't know how you would know either.

If, say six years ago, I had told you that 2 judges in Luzerne County were corrupt and sending kids to a private prison in return for cash....would you have said that was silly, too?

ADVERTISEMENT