ADVERTISEMENT

Journeymen- Here in Pennsylvania. This is a must do for HS wrestlers.

BrockBronson

May 20, 2021

I just found out tonight this is in Pa. Lots of Pa kids going but there should be so many more. It seems like the same kids aren’t scared to put it on the line and battle every weekend. Those are the same kids making world teams, getting d1 rides and on top of the rankings. Where is everyone else. The whole state of pa should be there. As much as I can’t stand the private schools, they have been very active in the preseason events. Faith Academy, Bethlehem Catholic and Mcort wrestlers have been to every event this Preseason. This is probably one of the reasons family and kids choose to transfer there. You don’t see any Nazareth, Reynolds, Saucon Valley, Benton, Montgomery, Etc at these events

copied from FLO wrestling
#20 Lincoln Sledzianowski, Crushers/ Bishop Mccort (9th)

HM Kole Davidheiser, Faith Christian Academy (9th)
HM Davis Motyka, X-calibur (11th)
Jack Baron, Grit Mat Club/germantown Academy (9th)
Nikos Filipos, X-caliber Athletics (10th)
T. Thunder Sollenberger, Central Dauphin (9th)

113 lbs

#16 Bo Bassett, Bishop Mccort (9th)
HM Anthony Rossi, M2 Training Center Nj (11th)
Tyson N Cook, Mat Assassins (11th)

Easton Mull, Owc/chestnut Ridge Hs (10th)
120 lbs

HM Cole Campbell, Bethlehem Catholic (10th)

HM Tyler Chappell, Seneca Valley (12th)

HM Carson Wagner, Northampton (12th)
Brady Joling, Quest / Chartiers Valley Hs (12th)

125 lbs

#1 Jax Forrest, Bishop Mccort (9th)

#2 Luke Lilledahl, X-calibur Athletics (11th)
HM Jack Kazalas, Gladiators/quaker Valley (11th)
HM Tahir Parkins, Steel Knights (10th)

HM Carson Walsh, Edge (10th)

Kade Davidheiser, The Hill School (11th)

Liam Flanagan, Central Dauphin (11th)
Trey Wagner, Northampton (9th)

130 lbs

Charlie Buntng, Nazareth/dark Knights (12th)
135 lbs
#7 Maddox Shaw, Quest (10th)

HM Gunnar Myers, Mat Assassins (11th)

HM Blake Reihner, Quest (11th)
HM Joseph Simon, Waynesburg High School (11th)
Anthony Ferraro, Young Guns (12th)

140 lbs

#2 Tyler Kasak, M2 (12th)
#6 Pierson Manville, M2/state College High School (11th)
HM Julian Everitt, Mat Assassins Wc (11th)

HM Scott Johnson, Muncy (12th)

HM Devon Magro, Bishop Mccort (10th)

Jo Jo Przybycien, Fort Leboeuf/bad Karma (11th)

145 lbs

HM Anthony Evanitsky, Mat Assassins (10th)
HM Max Stein, Faith Christian Academy (10th)

HM Lonzy Vielma, Connellsville / One Shot (10th)

Ashton Campbell, Bethlehem Catholic (12th)

152 lbs

#12 Dylan Evans, Quest School Of Wrestling (12th)
Owen Mcmullen, Young Guns (9th)

160 lbs

HM Jake Dailey, Bethlehem Catholic (11th)

Bodie Morgan, Quest (11th)
Liam Scrivanich, Grit Mat Club (12th)

170 lbs

HM Adam Waters, Faith Christian Academy (9th)

HM Braedon Welsh, Young Guns (10th)
High School (12th)

182 lbs

HM Caleb Marzolino, Mat Assassins (11th)

195 lbs

#9 Rune Lawrence, Quest (11th)

HM Brenan Morgan, Omp (11th)

HM Jason Singer, Faith Christian Academy (9th)

225 lbs

Danny Church, Fort Leboeuf (12th)
285 lbs

Joey Schneck, Pine Richland Hs (12th)

Ian Scully, Central York (11th)

Some huge potential match-ups!! Jax Forrest vs Luke Lilledahl and Tyler Kasak vs PJ Duke. Really hope both of these happen. Forrest vs Lilledahl is one of the biggest matches of the year in my eyes. Lilledahl hammered Bassett pretty good in their last match so now it’s Jax’s turn. Lilledahl is probably giving up a little weight but not too much. I have Jax winning a close fun bout.

Reactions: Ski
Some huge potential match-ups!! Jax Forrest vs Luke Lilledahl and Tyler Kasak vs PJ Duke. Really hope both of these happen. Forrest vs Lilledahl is one of the biggest matches of the year in my eyes. Lilledahl hammered Bassett pretty good in their last match so now it’s Jax’s turn. Lilledahl is probably giving up a little weight but not too much. I have Jax winning a close fun bout.
This is TODAY,right?

Anybody going??

Hoping for some first hand info.

I just looked. Some over flow thing is going on today for HS. Winner gets into tomorrow. That is when all the top wrestlers compete.

There had to be over 20 D1 programs scouting this today Kasak was in a tough match in the first round and pulled it out. Then in the second match injury defaulted. I went today to see him wrestle Duke. That would of been worth the price of admission

Duke knows how to win and won a crazy bracket. It looks like Blair dominated but McGowan was there coaching. Blair’s mid and uppers are monsters. I don’t see Sem beating them this year. Mcorts duo both continue to put it on the line and impress every week. Forest is so good and Basset TF everyone again. These guys are helping each other jump levels. Rune Lawerance needs to come to PSU, he is an upper weight on a different level
I am surprised more Pa guys weren’t there since it was in central PA.
M2 had a solid showing with Manville and Johnson both placing.
There is no question why Pinnancle, Izzy, Monster Garage, Buxton, M2 all continue to push out the best kids in the country. Their all in and their coaches are at every national event. Corey Clark, Mocco, Cornell Robinson, Coach Valencia (Zahids Dad), Buxton, Jerrad Lawerance are some of the top coaches in the country and were all there.

only negative is how much money they charge and then made you pay $10 leaving for parking but honestly to get an event like this to Central pa it’s worth it.

Last edited:
There had to be over 20 D1 programs scouting this today Kasak was in a tough match in the first round and pulled it out. Then in the second match was pinned. Kasak is great and so glad he is a Penn stater but what is up with him getting pinned (states, Wno and today) Fight off your back son. I went today to see him wrestle Duke. That would of been worth the price of admission

Duke knows how to win and won a crazy bracket. It looks like Blair dominated but McGowan was there coaching. Blair’s mid and uppers are monsters. I don’t see Sem beating them this year. Mcorts duo both continue to put it on the line and impress every week. Forest is so good and Basset TF everyone again. These guys are helping each other jump levels. Rune Lawerance needs to come to PSU, he is an upper weight on a different level
I am surprised more Pa guys weren’t there since it was in central PA.
M2 had a solid showing with Manville and Johnson both placing.
There is no question why Pinnancle, Izzy, Monster Garage, Buxton, M2 all continue to push out the best kids in the country. Their all in and their coaches are at every national event. Corey Clark, Mocco, Cornell Robinson, Coach Valencia (Zahids Dad), Buxton, Jerrad Lawerance are some of the top coaches in the country and were all there.

only negative is how much money they charge and then made you pay $10 leaving for parking but honestly to get an event like this to Central pa it’s worth it.
Just to correct one thing...

Kasak was not pinned....He finished a TD to go up, 4-2, and then immediately grabbed his head/eye as if he was dizzy...

He injury defaulted after that!

These kids wrestle a lot. A lot of time and means invested.

I think it says good things about our sport that young athletes are investing like this. Obviously we're not mainstream TV popular, but the fact that families are doing this in our sport means people find a big value/return in being a wrestler.

EDIT: Just watched Lilledahl-Forrest and wow. Ya'll know I'm not a folkstyle guy, but that was fearless and fun.

Last edited:
Reactions: johnstownsteel
I've had my youngest on a pitch count all summer. Not a week goes by that he doesnt get invited to go wrestle duals somewhere, whether it be HS or MS. There is such thing as too much, especially for a 13 year old. He had an eventful weekend at ultimate club duals. Faced multiple state placers. Took some good @ss kickings and gave out a few.

Reactions: hlstone
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT