ADVERTISEMENT

Journeymen, Collegiate Duals go on sale tomorrow

Who else plans on going to Spooky Nook?
I’ll be wearing a Penn State Wrestling hoodie. ;)

The Penn State Wrestling Club is planning a bus trip to Spooky Nook. Anyone know how many seats the arena holds? Because of it's location the place my be overrun with PSU fans.

Tickets can be purchased from the tournaments->psu tab. It's very strange. There's a 'ringside' option for $50 vs the general admission for $25.

There's a 'ringside' option for $50
giphy.gif

It amazes me how little people know about marketing. How hard would it be to set up a link called "Tickets" at the top of the homepage? For some reason you have to hover over the tournaments tab and then click on the link to the event.

Reactions: dbldoofus
It amazes me how little people know about marketing. How hard would it be to set up a link called "Tickets" at the top of the homepage? For some reason you have to hover over the tournaments tab and then click on the link to the event.

"let's reconfigure our website for a one-off event that's going to sell out regardless of how our website is configured"

Reactions: Hoosier Lion
just went to the website and it let me purchase the tickets

Me too and I got a confirmation email that has me concerned. It says several times that my payment in nonrefundable. It also says "The seating is limited to 1200 people and its first come first serve". I replied to that email asking what this meant because it sounds like my ticket does not guarantee me entrance. Hopefully they just mean that if 1199 already in there I get whatever seat is left, which is OK by me. In an arena that small every seat should be pretty good.

Me too and I got a confirmation email that has me concerned. It says several times that my payment in nonrefundable. It also says "The seating is limited to 1200 people and its first come first serve". I replied to that email asking what this meant because it sounds like my ticket does not guarantee me entrance. Hopefully they just mean that if 1199 already in there I get whatever seat is left, which is OK by me. In an arena that small every seat should be pretty good.
Would mean you've a general admission ticket. And you will pick your seat. People will lineup early so when the doors open they get the best choice

I just snagged a couple tickets to this! I don’t see any note re COVID protocols. Planned to take my son, but he is unvaxed. Anyone see anything anywhere?

Sadly for crossover fans (this time it's football and wrestling), this event is the same day as football, and we have out-of-town visitors coming :(.

"let's reconfigure our website for a one-off event that's going to sell out regardless of how our website is configured"
I'm not saying to make a link for just this event, they have other events as well. Also, you don't have to reconfigure an entire website just to add a link to the homepage, anybody w/ $5 and a GoDaddy account can tell you that.

I just snagged a couple tickets to this! I don’t see any note re COVID protocols. Planned to take my son, but he is unvaxed. Anyone see anything anywhere?
It’s Florida so don’t think that is an issue.

$75 for Collegiate Duals. Christmas week….One of the best beaches in Florida (Destin) 15 minutes away..Iowa, PSU, ASU, Cornell….I am in! $ well spent!

Reactions: diggerpup
For those of you thinking about going to the Collegiate Duals in Florida, the host hotel is the Henderson Inn & Resort, It's a really nice place and $189/night is not a bad price at all. Rooms are typically $300-$500/night. Of course there are all kinds of places in that area but the Henderson is nice. It's in Henderson Beach State Park.

Who else plans on going to Spooky Nook?
I’ll be wearing a Penn State Wrestling hoodie. ;)
Replying to myself.
I do have my Spooky Nook ticket. As I understand it this event starts at 5:30.

Sounds like an opportunity to meet up for lunch and beers. I met dwyoder from 247 at the Binghamton match a few years ago and sat behind @OldPAwrestler at the Stabler Arena vs Lehigh. It's fun introducing yourself to someone as, "Yes, I am double doofus". :)

What say you all? Do we start a new thread closer to 11/13?

ADVERTISEMENT