ADVERTISEMENT

Football Josh Gattis leaving Michigan for Miami

Why would he make this lateral move? Another good offensive year at Michigan, and he will be a head coach candidate. I did read some things that said Michigans assistant coaches were ticked off at Harbaugh for how he entertained the NFL this off season.

Why would he make this lateral move? Another good offensive year at Michigan, and he will be a head coach candidate. I did read some things that said Michigans assistant coaches were ticked off at Harbaugh for how he entertained the NFL this off season.
Maybe he thought that when Jimmy went to the NFL he would become the head man? So now that the first part is not going to happen he feels it's better to go somewhere else?

It's easier to get a job when you don't need one. Gattis only had a job at scUM b/c Harbaugh didn't get the Minny job.

hah,hah..loses his DC and OC in same year. They must know fluke good team with hairball chance of losing 1 game next year. Time to leverage up.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Sunny days, with women on the beaches in Miami > Sunny days with women on the beaches in fur-parkas!

Not a hard decision at all really!

:)
You been down there mid-April thru October?...brutal heat and humidity. As Marco Rubio indelicately put it: "All of South Florida is a swamp".

Sunny days, with women on the beaches in Miami > Sunny days with women on the beaches in fur-parkas in Michigan!

Those weren't parkas!
200w.gif

hah,hah..loses his DC and OC in same year. They must know fluke good team with hairball chance of losing 1 game next year. Time to leverage up.
Wishful thinking. Look at their schedule next year.

Sorry but no one but a delusional Penn State fan would considered that to be a lateral move. You don’t turn down an opportunity to work with perhaps the greatest college coach of all time. A job there is a fast track to getting a promotion.
Not to mention the pay bump. And being passed over for the PSU OC job.

Sorry but no one but a delusional Penn State fan would considered that to be a lateral move. You don’t turn down an opportunity to work with perhaps the greatest college coach of all time. A job there is a fast track to getting a promotion.
The move seems to work out very well for him. Changing jobs can always be a gamble.

Very likely his next “gig” will be head coach. He can make major inroads with H S coaches in football rich Florida for a year or 2 . — IMO, a team like FAU, USF, UCF ( don’t think Malzahn lasts)or even Wake Forrest ( where he played) will offer
Wake signed their coach to a long term extension...they are in their heyday right now...not since Brian's Song have people heard so much about Wake Football (fwiw my sister went there with Piccolo's daughters)

I've been reading the same, and that Gattis wasn't being considered to be head coach if Harbaugh left while Mike Hart, their RB coach, was being discussed as a possible replacement. I think them putting a position coach ahead of their OC made him realize where he stands with UM so he decided to move on to where he might be more valued.

Sunny days, with women on the beaches in Miami > Sunny days with women on the beaches in fur-parkas in Michigan!

probably too early to draw conclusions but starting to see a pattern of coaches wanting to get to the South East part of the USA.

Reactions: Texas Lion
I've been reading the same, and that Gattis wasn't being considered to be head coach if Harbaugh left while Mike Hart, their RB coach, was being discussed as a possible replacement. I think them putting a position coach ahead of their OC made him realize where he stands with UM so he decided to move on to where he might be more valued.
For Michigan Head Coaching Job Consideration: Being Michigan Legend > Being Broyles Award Winner.

ADVERTISEMENT