ADVERTISEMENT

Jordan Stout - What a weapon!

BicyclePete

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
At this level of competition it's rare for team's to have someone handle all three responsibilities of the kicking game. But Jordan Stout has them and has handled all three very well.

Stout's kickoffs are a given. Three games into the season there has not been a single return yard, from kick-offs, against Penn State. Not one. That's because he kick's it out of the stadium every single time. Have you ever seen a football game's momentum switch after a long return for a TD? That's not going to happen against Penn State this year. Last night the Auburn return man just stood there, not moving a muscle, as he watched the ball sail over his head. His whole body language screamed why bother.

Currently Jordan is the #2 ranked punter in college football. He averages 53 yards per punt, which is about 11.5 yards more than last year. He blasted that 76 yarder against Wisconsin and has obviously gotten stronger. In the 1987 Fiesta Bowl Penn State Punter, John Bruno, was a significant part of that victory. He consistently changed field position giving Miami a longer field to score. Stout has the ability to change field position.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/stats/player/_/view/special/stat/punting

Yes, he has missed a field goal and an extra point, but he's also not the only moving part to that scenario. Either way, I'll take my chances, with the game on the line, of Jordan Stout kicking a very long field goal to win a game, you know he has the leg for it.

Every great football team has a strong kicking game. Jordan Stout gives PSU a very strong kicking game. What a great weapon to have.

At this level of competition it's rare for team's to have someone handle all three responsibilities of the kicking game. But Jordan Stout has them and has handled all three very well.

Stout's kickoffs are a given. Three games into the season there has not been a single return yard, from kick-offs, against Penn State. Not one. That's because he kick's it out of the stadium every single time. Have you ever seen a football game's momentum switch after a long return for a TD? That's not going to happen against Penn State this year. Last night the Auburn return man just stood there, not moving a muscle, as he watched the ball sail over his head. His whole body language screamed why bother.

Currently Jordan is the #2 ranked punter in college football. He averages 53 yards per punt, which is about 11.5 yards more than last year. He blasted that 76 yarder against Wisconsin and has obviously gotten stronger. In the 1987 Fiesta Bowl Penn State Punter, John Bruno, was a significant part of that victory. He consistently changed field position giving Miami a longer field to score. Stout has the ability to change field position.

Yes, he has missed a field goal and an extra point, but he's also not the only moving part to that scenario. Either way, I'll take my chances, with the game on the line, of Jordan Stout kicking a very long field goal to win a game, you know he has the leg for it.

Every great football team has a strong kicking game. Jordan Stout gives PSU a very strong kicking game. What a great weapon to have.
On the last punt he shortened his steps to avoid the block, and the punt was still high and deep and resulted in a fair catch at the 37. I think PSU punted from the 16, so it was a 47 yard net punt. His punting is fantastic.

I'll miss Stout. His kickoffs and punts have been phenomenal.

I'm still a little concerned about his PK. He nearly missed another XP yesterday.

ADVERTISEMENT