ADVERTISEMENT

John4PSU, SIAP, wondering how your stop at Field of Dreams went this weekend (NM)

I went Sunday morning, and my goodness it's in the middle of nowhere. I got a bit later start than I wanted and saw a sign with tour times upon arriving and had just missed a tour so I walked around the field and into the corn. There was no one in the souvenir area when I arrived.

There were only two young families there with very little kids, probably 3 or 4 years old, and some grandparents so no one to play catch with. :-( The kids couldn't hit the ball past pitcher's mound.

I thought of sticking around for the next tour but thought I have an awful long drive home and started back. I got home around 1 a.m. losing an hour traveling east and not being able to go directly on the PA turnpike due to it being closed for a section and coming to complete stops three times in Indiana due to construction and lane closures! If I want construction and lane closures I could have stayed in Pennsylvania!

It was one of those things where you know it's going to make for another awfully long day but how often are you going to be close enough to check it out. I was glad I went.

No old ghost ballplayers to play catch with either. They probably would have passed out in their wool uniforms with the heat.

The farmhouse looked smaller in person than I thought it would be.

I appreciated the advice and suggestions. Thank you and thank you to frydaze as I stopped at the Hamburg Inn for breakfast Saturday.

I did meet a couple at the game waiting in a concession line and they said they visited Penn State last year and except for the outcome had a great time. That was good to hear. He mentioned we had a military salute that day and with him being ex-military he really appreciated that.

Thanks for asking OL.

I went Sunday morning, and my goodness it's in the middle of nowhere. I got a bit later start than I wanted and saw a sign with tour times upon arriving and had just missed a tour so I walked around the field and into the corn. There was no one in the souvenir area when I arrived.

There were only two young families there with very little kids, probably 3 or 4 years old, and some grandparents so no one to play catch with. :-( The kids couldn't hit the ball past pitcher's mound.

I thought of sticking around for the next tour but thought I have an awful long drive home and started back. I got home around 1 a.m. losing an hour traveling east and not being able to go directly on the PA turnpike due to it being closed for a section and coming to complete stops three times in Indiana due to construction and lane closures! If I want construction and lane closures I could have stayed in Pennsylvania!

It was one of those things where you know it's going to make for another awfully long day but how often are you going to be close enough to check it out. I was glad I went.

No old ghost ballplayers to play catch with either. They probably would have passed out in their wool uniforms with the heat.

The farmhouse looked smaller in person than I thought it would be.

I appreciated the advice and suggestions. Thank you and thank you to frydaze as I stopped at the Hamburg Inn for breakfast Saturday.

I did meet a couple at the game waiting in a concession line and they said they visited Penn State last year and except for the outcome had a great time. That was good to hear. He mentioned we had a military salute that day and with him being ex-military he really appreciated that.

Thanks for asking OL.
Glad that part was trouble free.

Reactions: john4psu
ADVERTISEMENT