ADVERTISEMENT

John Ziegler giving up, says its over now.

The statute I see referred to earlier in this thread refers to mandatory reporters being "school employees". And "school employees" is defined as "an individual who is employed by a school or who provides an activity or service sponsored by a school. The term does not apply to administrative personnel unless that person has direct contact with children."

In this case (assuming, of course, that the definition is correct) the only school employees who are exempt from being mandatory reporters are administrative personnel who do not have direct contact with children. Penn State, I believe, would qualify as a "school" just as any other school would. Just for the sake of argument, Joe was not administrative personnel (he ceded those duties when he stopped being the AD) so he wouldn't fit into that exemption. Even if he was "administrative personnel", his direct contact with 17 year old high school football recruits would likely satisfy the "direct contact with children" requirement.

It's certainly not who the statute was designed to cover, but under the definitions I see in this thread (again, assuming they are correct) I don't see a way that Joe would fit into the exemption. Curley, Schultz, and Spanier, though are different stories because they are administrative personnel who do not have direct contact with children.

Assuming you are correct about Joe, which I don't believe to be the case. When was this put in to place? I'm guessing not before 2001. It's extra moot because Joe didn't witness abuse, nor was he told of abuse.

Reactions: simons96
It absolutely is. Anything to normalize the behavior.

And to anyone arguing that people would ok with it, the Mormon religion isn't accepted because of the same premise. If you think people are would be cool with grooming young girls for sex with an old man you're crazy.

To be honest I have a hard time buying this from JZ. Two weeks ago he makes a huge proclamation and since he didn't get the attention he wanted from the media he now is taking his ball and going home? Maybe there was a plant, but the simple fact he was going on and on about the truth and is now upset he didn't get his attention he is done with PSU. JMO, but maybe he thinks his spotlight will be better served at another train wreck where he can get on the air. What about him fighting for his innocent victim (his opinion) sitting in jail?

I think most people want to know the truth when it comes to the horrible decisions made by the BoT 4 years ago. The schools leadership absolutely jumped on a sword they didn't have to IMO and we still really don't know why. Some people were just a bit more skeptical of JZ than others and the truth needs to come out from ALL parties involved if that is even possible. His defense tactic of blaming or mocking the victims wouldn't work in court and didn't work out for him in this instance. Again if someday there was a plant and that comes to light, I'll eat my crow as I have been an outspoken critic of his tactics.

Ray seems to look for the truth minus a side show look at me circus act. Maybe JZ was on to something and everyone involved from the victims, prosecutors, and law enforcement all pushed this false story forward. Anything is possible as people have been duped before, but that is an awful lot of people out there just wanting to sink JS. This was a man who was there to help his victims as kids and they all decided to screw him over? Again it's possible and I don't doubt a few of the claims may be bogus(70's for example), but JZ claimed Jerry's innocence. He lost a ton of people with those claims and no real proof.
I hate JZ, and think the plant story is BS.

With that said, I can understand the decision to move on and it isn't just because of a lack of attention.

He's realized his Sandusky is innocent campaign has destroyed any chance of him clearing Joe's name. Someone else may do it, but it won't be him.

With what came out recently there's a tremendous case to be made on behalf of Joe Paterno. The problem for Ziegler is he's stuck trying to clear two people every time he makes his case. One of whom is a convicted child molester.

Had he not lined up with JS there's a decent chance he gets to make the rounds with a few mainstream outlets and is taken somewhat seriously. They would at least listen.

Unfortunately for everyone (especially those he attacked) Ziegler's behavior the last couple years has made that impossible. JMO

You're describing someone who is involved in this story to further their career. No wonder you hate John. Ziegler put in more time, talked to more people and knows far more than anyone else does in this case and he came to the conclusion that JS isn't a pedophile, and that it isn't even close. I think a lot of Penn Staters deep down agree with him and feel guilty that we, on some level, let this whole thing happen. Friday's BOT vote is one more example.

I hate JZ, and think the plant story is BS.

With that said, I can understand the decision to move on and it isn't just because of a lack of attention.

He's realized his Sandusky is innocent campaign has destroyed any chance of him clearing Joe's name. Someone else may do it, but it won't be him.

With what came out recently there's a tremendous case to be made on behalf of Joe Paterno. The problem for Ziegler is he's stuck trying to clear two people every time he makes his case. One of whom is a convicted child molester.

Had he not lined up with JS there's a decent chance he gets to make the rounds with a few mainstream outlets and is taken somewhat seriously. They would at least listen.

Unfortunately for everyone (especially those he attacked) Ziegler's behavior the last couple years has made that impossible. JMO

I haven't seen anyone else make the commitment that JZ has. He has done important work, agrees with him or not. Who could blame him for wanting to do something else, epically since no one else is stepping forward.

I say it's not over because due process hasn't happened, no sworn statements, no vetted facts, the fact the university is giving in to any person who has made claims, no completed trials, and the lack of discovery related to the Freeh Report. The media is dominated by people who's are only interest is self-promotion. The Supreme Court ruled that is open season on corruption buy freeing the rich to buy any politician.

Throwing JoePa under the buss was not difficult especially for people in power manupilating the outcome of a deal important to them. This comparison IS NOT a false equivilancy. Members of the BoT and the State Government are no different than Trump and Clinton. Tom Corbett, in his little world is the same as both Clinton and the new Fuhrer. They both crave power and money and are/were willing to do anything to achieve their goals. Trumps' speech last night was every lie people wished to hear, every fear mongering tactic, basically everything people want to hear and his claim is to be the only person who could get it done. Anybody thinking psychopathic Demigod? Clinton hasn't spoken yet, but she is just a different version of trump She has wanted to be President since 1974, a least, when she sat next to Howard Dean during the Watergate Hearings. By the way, she was fired from the committee for mishandling sensitive documents. Yes, even back then.

The connection is the confidence in selling a Lie. In our case it was a conspiracy resulting throwing a dying man under the bus when they had the knowledge and years to stop Sandusky for years before 2011. The Second Mile, the State Government, and members of the BoT are the people responsible for the violation of so many children, not a football coach. It was the BoT that gave Sandusky an office on campus and the keys to the facilities, against Joe's wishes, look it up. Ask Scrap, Shiano, MM and who know how many others.

People are as dumb as a bag of hammers and a bunch of them were in Cleveland this past week.

We need everybody to continue to fight on and have patience while the truth finally comes out.

I ask how people who knew what was happening can possibly live with themselves knowing they are responsible, is some way or other, for the abuse of children, for now at least as long as they can live with it.

I guess power and money corrupts is true. Really who among us doesn't believe that. I just wish it still was the Penn State way.

"The history of the race, and each individual's experience, are thick with evidence that a truth is not hard to kill and that a lie told well is immortal" Mark Twain

No vitriolic angry response form the lunatic fringe or those who believe in Joe and those who genially believe Joe failed in his moral responsibility. Since Due process hasn't run it's course, No trials yet. The FBI and the US Postal Service investigation hasn't been completed. Now it seems the guilty Sandusky's trail is a little hinky. The new "victims" are coming forward suggesting a Football coach is responsible to take action. I believe we have law enforcement and child Services to deal with these kinds of issues. Basically, this whole crime has not been properly investigated.

Why? People with money corrupted the process and really the Government and the BoT were paid off.

The silence is defining.

The longer the cover up goes speaks to the depth of the corruption.

This is far from over

If Ziggy doesn't convince you, maybe the 34-0 vote in favor of Lubert will. Turn out the lights....

Ok, I'll play. Let's say C/S/S go to trial. Of course, none of them will testify. Let's say they are acquitted. Afterwards, they all come out with their stories, basically reiterating their "horseplay" position. Do you think that's the truth? Do you think it will convince anyone?

Let's say Paternos win their lawsuit against the NCAA. The jury determines the NCAA references to JVP in the CD were inappropriate and resulted in damages to his contractual relationships. They award Paterno $5M. Ok, so what? Will that change anything?

In the meantime, the University, students, fans, alumni, all have to live in this cloud of resentment, divisiveness, and uncertainty. In the end, there will be no "truth," not one version of events that everyone agrees with, not one story supported by indisputable factual evidence.

Reactions: getmyjive11
You're describing someone who is involved in this story to further their career. No wonder you hate John. Ziegler put in more time, talked to more people and knows far more than anyone else does in this case and he came to the conclusion that JS isn't a pedophile, and that it isn't even close. I think a lot of Penn Staters deep down agree with him and feel guilty that we, on some level, let this whole thing happen. Friday's BOT vote is one more example.
Ziegler absolutely got in this to further his career. Whether you realize it or not he's a member of the media. He just happens to be a relatively unsuccessful member.

The reason he interviewed Sandusky in the first place was to stay relevant when the Paterno report came into the picture.

He worked with Clemente to try and get Sandusky to confess. When it didn't work Ziegler was left on the outside looking in. Doing the interview alienated him from the Paternos.

The "Jerry is innocent" play was all he had left. All Ziegler did was totally reject psychology and experts like Clemente. His arguments are anecdotal at best.

He harasses victims on Facebook, trespasses on their property to take pictures, and believes anyone that's willing to bad mouth them.

That's not someone fighting for justice. That's someone desperate for attention.

Reactions: LaJolla Lion
Why don't you or anyone debate him? Because he would destroy you and your politically correct fantasy using facts and logic.

Ziegler absolutely got in this to further his career. Whether you realize it or not he's a member of the media. He just happens to be a relatively unsuccessful member.

The reason he interviewed Sandusky in the first place was to stay relevant when the Paterno report came into the picture.

He worked with Clemente to try and get Sandusky to confess. When it didn't work Ziegler was left on the outside looking in. Doing the interview alienated him from the Paternos.

The "Jerry is innocent" play was all he had left. All Ziegler did was totally reject psychology and experts like Clemente. His arguments are anecdotal at best.

He harasses victims on Facebook, trespasses on their property to take pictures, and believes anyone that's willing to bad mouth them.

That's not someone fighting for justice. That's someone desperate for attention.

Any word on the "fake victim" claimant? Now that Ira is Chair - if there is documented proof that his Legal Subcommittee, which was hard nosed & engaged, had approved a scam - this would be a good time for this information to come forward.

Any word on the "fake victim" claimant? Now that Ira is Chair - if there is documented proof that his Legal Subcommittee, which was hard nosed & engaged, had approved a scam - this would be a good time for this information to come forward.
How do you do that - when everything Libert touched on the last five years has been given the "34-0 Stamp of Approval"?

Reactions: jubaaltman

It is not clear to me that Aaron Fisher is a victim. Have you listened to any of the interviews with people from Lock Haven who are closely acquainted with Aaron and/or Dawn who are willing to speak on the record using their own name that they don't believe Aaron is a victim. These include:

1. Josh Fravel, next door neighbor to Aaron and Dawn when the allegations were first made
2. Jamon Gharet, a friend of Aaron's since the sixth grade
3. Dylan Emel, a friend of Aaron's since elementary school and a CSA victim himself
4. Thairan Mauch, a friend of Aaron during their teenage years and whose house Aaron sleep over on numerous occasions
5. Brian Mauch, Thairan's father
6. Sierra Nicole Foster, ex-girlfriend of Aaron
7. Judy Fox, friend of Dawn's who helped to organize the candle-light vigil after Aaron's book came out

I have listened to all of these interviews and IMO they collectively cast very serious doubts regarding whether Aaron is telling the truth about being sexually abused.

Sadly I think people were duped and it wasn't by the fake victim.

Sigh. The fake victim Zigs was talking about is Alan M. He had a PI illegally record an interview with AM about the settlements. This tape cannot be released until at least the statute of limitations for such recirdings expires, and even then can't be used as evidence anywhere.

It is not clear to me that Aaron Fisher is a victim. Have you listened to any of the interviews with people from Lock Haven who are closely acquainted with Aaron and/or Dawn who are willing to speak on the record using their own name that they don't believe Aaron is a victim. These include:

1. Josh Fravel, next door neighbor to Aaron and Dawn when the allegations were first made
2. Jamon Gharet, a friend of Aaron's since the sixth grade
3. Dylan Emel, a friend of Aaron's since elementary school and a CSA victim himself
4. Thairan Mauch, a friend of Aaron during their teenage years and whose house Aaron sleep over on numerous occasions
5. Brian Mauch, Thairan's father
6. Sierra Nicole Foster, ex-girlfriend of Aaron
7. Judy Fox, friend of Dawn's who helped to organize the candle-light vigil after Aaron's book came out

I have listened to all of these interviews and IMO they collectively cast very serious doubts regarding whether Aaron is telling the truth about being sexually abused.

Yeah, but they are probably just lying in hopes of getting some money. You'd be surprised what people will do for a payday.

Sigh. The fake victim Zigs was talking about is Alan M. He had a PI illegally record an interview with AM about the settlements. This tape cannot be released until at least the statute of limitations for such recirdings expires, and even then can't be used as evidence anywhere.

Interesting. Then if so, this makes Zig misleading everyone in what he presented as a "plant" who wanted to test the system.

I was under the assumption, with the way the information was given, that this was an entirely new person to the conversation.

Unless of course, Myers went into this knowing full well the intent was to prove what a sham it all was.

Interesting. Then if so, this makes Zig misleading everyone in what he presented as a "plant" who wanted to test the system.

I was under the assumption, with the way the information was given, that this was an entirely new person to the conversation.

Unless of course, Myers went into this knowing full well the intent was to prove what a sham it all was.

No kidding. There was no plant at all as many suspected, but an illegally recorded conversation that can't come out....how convenient. He yelled it loud on a day where the media was looking at PSU again in hopes he would get some attention. When that didn't happen he was done with PSU.....until the time PSU is in the spotlight again. Hmmmm, haven't seen this act been done before by him the last few years. Still no proof of anything at all from him, but hey some people around AF don't like him you know. He also drives a nice car apparently.

No kidding. There was no plant at all as many suspected, but an illegally recorded conversation that can't come out....how convenient. He yelled it loud on a day where the media was looking at PSU again in hopes he would get some attention. When that didn't happen he was done with PSU.....until the time PSU is in the spotlight again. Hmmmm, haven't seen this act been done before by him the last few years. Still no proof of anything at all from him, but hey some people around AF don't like him you know. He also drives a nice car apparently.

Well then, if true - Zig seems to have gotten our hopes up in the same fashion he excoriates others for.

As always, for me, there are just way too many unanswered questions coming from licensed professionals at Second Mile, CYS, local law enforcement (Harmon, etc) and Corbett's OAG. Until these questions are answered and those puzzle pieces put into place - there's simply too much barking over an incomplete picture.

IMO, the is no way Myers wants to prove what a sham the whole BOT accuser payouts have been, He is very interested is keeping a low profile and not saying anything. His lawyer, Andrew Shubin, as well as he want no part in having to testify under oath at Sandusky's PCRA evidentiary hearings.

IMO, the is no way Myers wants to prove what a sham the whole BOT accuser payouts have been, He is very interested is keeping a low profile and not saying anything. His lawyer, Andrew Shubin, as well as he want no part in having to testify under oath at Sandusky's PCRA evidentiary hearings.
Zig never said there was a plant. That was a stretch by posters from what he actually said.

What he actually said was more or less that the payouts were a sham, and that he has proof of at least one, including recordings. That's only consistent with AM.

Well if so, what Zig wrote about a "sham victim" was misleading.

I interpreted his article to mean an entirely NEW name went in, under the radar, to expose the nonsense. Allan is not a new name.

Oh well.

I interpreted his article to mean an entirely NEW name went in, under the radar, to expose the nonsense. Allan is not a new name.

Oh well.

He absolutely led people on and once again could not produce his evidence. Yet some want others to back this hack? His only search is for a microphone to be heard.

Oh well.

I also interpreted that Zig was implying that a new person showed up at the BOT's doorstep to show that the settlement negotiations were a sham. I was just saying that I thought there was no way that person he was talking about was Myers because Myers and Shubin didn't want any further exposure.

Ziegler fooled a lot of people, that's not a condemnation of them, just Ziegler

Ok, I'll play. Let's say C/S/S go to trial. Of course, none of them will testify. Let's say they are acquitted. Afterwards, they all come out with their stories, basically reiterating their "horseplay" position. Do you think that's the truth? Do you think it will convince anyone?

Let's say Paternos win their lawsuit against the NCAA. The jury determines the NCAA references to JVP in the CD were inappropriate and resulted in damages to his contractual relationships. They award Paterno $5M. Ok, so what? Will that change anything?

In the meantime, the University, students, fans, alumni, all have to live in this cloud of resentment, divisiveness, and uncertainty. In the end, there will be no "truth," not one version of events that everyone agrees with, not one story supported by indisputable factual evidence.

So you think that "university unity" for lack of a better phrase is more important that truth, justice and fairness? You are entitled to that opinion, but I don't think many Penn Staters feel that way.

Zig never said there was a plant. That was a stretch by posters from what he actually said.

What he actually said was more or less that the payouts were a sham, and that he has proof of at least one, including recordings. That's only consistent with AM.

So wait, you KNOW this is AM, or you are inferring this based on available information?

If you know this, may I ask how you know this?

Reactions: francofan
Ziegler fooled a lot of people, that's not a condemnation of them, just Ziegler

A lot of people have been fooled in this whole fiasco as evidenced by the widespread condemnation of Paterno, Spanier, Curley, and Schultz. I believe that the OAG and the old guard BOT shoulder most of the responsibility for this phenomenon. If you are so inclined, please provide the basis for your opinion that Ziegler has fooled anyone.

So wait, you KNOW this is AM, or you are inferring this based on available information?

If you know this, may I ask how you know this?

I said, if you read what zig posted and what he's said, that AM fits. Specifically, he's in the past claimed to have tapes & inside knowledge of AM's settlement and of AM's unguarded views on the whole matter.

If it was a new person, he'd have explicitly said so. He didn't, and he said what he said very carefully to allow us to draw potentially erroneous conclusion that it was a new person.

You dont have to believe me. Ask him. I gurantee he will not deny it is AM nor will he admit to placing a different plant into the process.

A lot of people have been fooled in this whole fiasco as evidenced by the widespread condemnation of Paterno, Spanier, Curley, and Schultz. I believe that the OAG and the old guard BOT shoulder most of the responsibility for this phenomenon. If you are so inclined, please provide the basis for your opinion that Ziegler has fooled anyone.

He does not lie. He does, despite a tendency to rant, carefully choose his words. His followers tend not to parse them critically and so they hear what they want to. Actually, he caveats everything in "if this is true, then this HAS to be true" or "I believe that..." or "No one has ever disproven that ..."

If you read any of his articles and pull out actual facts only it reads like:

JS is in prison. Joe is dead. Aaron knew JS. This is a person who was a friend of Aarons. This friend questions Aarons motives. This person is no longer a friend of Aarin. Aaron owns a nice car. Aaron received a settlement. Aaron saw a therapist and worked with him on his book. Aaron lied to his friend about topics unrelated to the case. If all that is true and the friend is correct, then Aaron is lying.

Thats just a bunch of junk wrapped in a big IF! It isnt proof of anything. It doesnt even MEAN anything.

http://www.foreverstatecollege.com/...nterview-with-john-ziegler-from-july-14-2016/

Around the 10:40 mark is when he starts in on this line of BS. He even says it is a fake accuser that he has "hours and hours" of tape as proof. He has all of this proof, but he somehow can't or won't produce it and has now just given up.

This is directly from John's article in Mediaite:

"For the first time publicly, I can reveal that my knowledge of the bogus Penn State settlement process is both extensive and definitive. There is a man who has gone through the settlement process as a purposely fake accuser because he did not believe that the Sandusky allegations were true or that Penn State’s settlement process was remotely credible. He wanted to prove that was the case. During that process it became clear that anything he said would be both believed and manipulated into conforming to what Penn State needed to pay out a claim under the “rules” which I have outlined here.

This is all on tape and with documentation. Hopefully, someday this story can be fully revealed so as to prove what an outrageous farce this entire situation has become."

This does not imply Allen Myers. This implies an entirely new name, stepping into the story, on purpose, in order to expose the process.

That "someday" for Zig to provide the hours and hours of tape and the documentation he professes to posess, is today.

Reactions: Ski and jubaaltman

"For the first time publicly, I can reveal that my knowledge of the bogus Penn State settlement process is both extensive and definitive. There is a man who has gone through the settlement process as a purposely fake accuser because he did not believe that the Sandusky allegations were true or that Penn State’s settlement process was remotely credible. He wanted to prove that was the case. During that process it became clear that anything he said would be both believed and manipulated into conforming to what Penn State needed to pay out a claim under the “rules” which I have outlined here.

This is all on tape and with documentation. Hopefully, someday this story can be fully revealed so as to prove what an outrageous farce this entire situation has become."

This does not imply Allen Myers. This implies an entirely new name, stepping into the story, on purpose, in order to expose the process.

That "someday" to provide the documentation is today.

Doesn't sound like AM to me either. Then again I think this was his last big desperate move to try and stay relevant. He sees that dead horse now and knows he needs to find a new car crash to chase. So in 4 years all of these huge bombshells were AF is not a nice person and he thinks MS is a liar. Hopefully the judicial system finally gets to the bottom of what occurred with the others and how PSU squandered this whole thing from the start.

That "someday" for Zig to provide the hours and hours of tape and the documentation he professes to posess, is today.

It'd be a crime if someone fabricated a claim. If they told a media guy, that would be insane. If there are hours of tape, essentially giving all the details to this media guy, that media guy is essentially aiding & abetting a major fraud. Under certain circumstances the fraudster & the media guy may have even broken federal laws. I'm curious why state and/or fed authorities have not supenoed this tape. I'm also curious why the Paternos haven't. Or Penn State.

Unless the fraudulent claim came in by an official investigation, that is. But if it was, why would they cooperate with Mr. Zig?

We'll never hear these tapes or see that evidence unless it's forced.

It'd be a crime if someone fabricated a claim. If they told a media guy, that would be insane. If there are hours of tape, essentially giving all the details to this media guy, that media guy is essentially aiding & abetting a major fraud. Under certain circumstances the fraudster & the media guy may have even broken federal laws. I'm curious why state and/or fed authorities have not supenoed this tape. I'm also curious why the Paternos haven't. Or Penn State.

Unless the fraudulent claim came in by an official investigation, that is. But if it was, why would they cooperate with Mr. Zig?

Because the tapes probably don't exist and I think that is why you saw JZ bow out 2 weeks back.

here is a man who has gone through the settlement process as a purposely fake accuser because he did not believe that the Sandusky allegations were true or that Penn State’s settlement process was remotely credible. He wanted to prove that was the case. During that process it became clear that anything he said would be both believed and manipulated into conforming to what Penn State needed to pay out a claim under the “rules” which I have outlined here.

I guess another possibility is that this person never did get a payout or even took the claim to PSU. On the radio interview it says nothing beyond that this accuser went to a prominent attorney in the case. If they didn't take it to PSU it isn't fraud but also is much ado about nothing.

Well - Zig published the above online in a publication and stated these claims.

I emailed the article to the State Deputy Attorney General, the State Auditor General, the entire Board, Dr. Barron, University General Counsel Dunham and University PR.

So this fake claim should be followed up on, and if it's true - whatever "system" we have in place here in PA to handle fraudulent claims and those perpetrating a fraud, should be properly enacted. They can't say they weren't aware of it.

Well - Zig published the above online in a publication and stated these claims.

I emailed the article to the State Deputy Attorney General, the State Auditor General, the entire Board, Dr. Barron, University General Counsel Dunham and University PR.

So this fake claim should be followed up on, and if it's true - whatever "system" we have in place here in PA to handle fraudulent claims and those perpetrating a fraud, should be properly enacted. They can't say they weren't aware of it.

Don't be surprised if it turns out this bogus claim was in fact bogus itself.

Reactions: wensilver
Don't be surprised if it turns out this bogus claim was in fact bogus itself.

If it was true, what kind of online publication would publish it? They'd open themselves up to action -- their writer has/had inside knowledge of a crime in progress.

If it was false, what kind of online publication would publish it? They'd open themselves up to action like libel/slander.

Well http://www.mediaite.com/ is basically Gawker + National Enquirer on steroids. This is the kind of thing that gets sites going dark.

If even one of the people Wendy emailed looks into it & contacts the website, that article will be taken down under a minute later.

ADVERTISEMENT