ADVERTISEMENT

John Urschel competed in Chess Tournament in Pgh this weekend.

Good for him.

I watch The Big Bang Theory, and they either bring in, or allude to, some very smart people on that show. I thought it would be neat if they could bring in Urschel on that show and he challenges, and defeats, Sheldon Cooper in something involving a mathematics issue/problem.

Now....where did I write down that email address for CBS.....

Here's rooking at you John! ...

The great chess grandmaster Alexander Alekhine was once asked by a playful interviewer whether he preferred the queen on the board or on the bed. "It depends," he replied, "on the position."

• Haha
Reactions: The Spin Meister
Re: Here's rooking at you John! ...

Originally posted by T J:

The great chess grandmaster Alexander Alekhine was once asked by a playful interviewer whether he preferred the queen on the board or on the bed. "It depends," he replied, "on the position."
Great line.
smile.r191677.gif

Told my wife the same thing. If so, my bet is that he'd win an Emmy.:) *

Originally posted by psuro:

Good for him.

I watch The Big Bang Theory, and they either bring in, or allude to, some very smart people on that show. I thought it would be neat if they could bring in Urschel on that show and he challenges, and defeats, Sheldon Cooper in something involving a mathematics issue/problem.

Now....where did I write down that email address for CBS.....

Re: Told my wife the same thing. If so, my bet is that he'd win an Emmy.:) *

So, just out of sheer boredom this afternoon....here is my scene for Urschel.

The boys (Leonard and Sheldon) are furiously working on a mathematics problem on their white board in their apartment and having trouble with it. A knock on the door interrupts them, and it's a huge dude (Urschel) who is delivering a package for Penny - but she is out, so the boys have to sign for it. The huge dude puts the package down and Leonard signs for it, at the same time Sheldon is babbling on about the math problem.

The huge dude stares at the problem for a couple of seconds and then tells them how to go about solving it. He then simply picks up his clipboard and leaves the apartment, leaving Sheldon and Leonard in disbelief.

Re: Told my wife the same thing. If so, my bet is that he'd win an Emmy.:) *

The boys (Leonard and Sheldon) are furiously working on a mathematics problem on their white board in their apartment and having trouble with it. A knock on the door interrupts them, and it's a huge dude (Urschel) who is delivering a package for Penny - but she is out, so the boys have to sign for it. The huge dude puts the package down and Leonard signs for it, at the same time Sheldon is babbling on about the math problem.

The huge dude stares at the problem for a couple of seconds and then tells them how to go about solving it. He then simply picks up his clipboard and leaves the apartment, leaving Sheldon and Leonard in disbelief.

That could work psuro.

Thanks

wink.r191677.gif

Shades of that wicked smart Matt Damon character in Good Will Hunting...

they kinda did that with Leslie(?) Winklemeyer, Leonard's sack buddie

although she was a scientist, as well. She is leaving after a night with Leonard, Shelton says who fooled with my white board, Winkle (or winklemeyer) says I did, and fixed your problem, The boys agree she did.

Originally posted by Blueblood4eva:
Can anybody in Pitt. compete at chess? Must have been an 'invitational".
I fail to understand your gratuitous shot at Pittsburgh. To answer your question, Alexander Shabalov immediately comes to mind. He is an American Grandmaster, a 4 time US Champion, and at one time was ranked #25 in the world. Then, there is Ruan Lufei, who is working on a doctorate at CMU. She is a woman's Grand Master and a few years ago was ranked #21 in the world.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT