ADVERTISEMENT

Joey McKenna to PSU??

I have never had a bad experience with hawk fans...never.

Goofers yeah that happened a few times.....but i probably brought it on myself.

You have my attention. Go on...

I will be very shocked if we don't hear anything on McKenna this week....Thought it would be last night....
Am I to read this series of posts...jto asking dunk to "go on", then spyker answering...to mean that dunk and spyker are the same person? Mind blown...;):)

Any week now per Spyker
Need to give Spyker a break, in his world weeks last longer than in ours, and time moves so slow you can be in Stillwater at a wrestling match, and State College at a hockey game, at what would be the same time for both of us.

In other words, a big enough fan that time slows for him! But he IS a heckuva fundraiser!

Need to give Spyker a break, in his world weeks last longer than in ours, and time moves so slow you can be in Stillwater at a wrestling match, and State College at a hockey game, at what would be the same time for both of us.

In other words, a big enough fan that time slows for him! But he IS a heckuva fundraiser!
Makes sense as Spyker's home planet is Mercury where a day lasts 1408 Earth hours

Does Ohio State have lower out of state tuition than does PSU?

it's a little cheaper, but not by much.

Out-of-state tuition:
Penn State - $32,282
Ohio State - $29,229

offered with the caveat that often the tuition rate is different for upperclass students, that certain majors can cost more, that there are also room & board and other expenses, etc. the above numbers are simple comparison numbers.

If McKenna winds up at tOSU, people better start asking "where does the money come from" as they are asking it about PSU. Does Ohio State have lower out of state tuition than does PSU?

It's unlikely he can get any significant athletic ship money for the 2017-18 season since schools have already allocated their ships for this season some time ago.

I thought McKenna was a lock for Iowa, along with Lugo, Gable Stevenson, Teasdale, IMar, PD3,

:eek:

I believe this makes 4 weeks in a row that the spike man has said we will hear McKenna declare for PSU. IMHO he is trying to rival Foley. :rolleyes:
Of course it is possible we can be halfway through next season, McKenna in Stanford's starting lineup, and he will still be saying "expect to hear something this week".

Reactions: diggerpup
I cannot take this Joey McKenna thread anymore. For the love of God, make a decision or delete the thread!

P.S. he would be great as a Penn Stater...

If McKenna commits to Penn State
execute (This is chess, this ain't checkers)
{
" I told you so!!!!!!"
"My lunch time meetings with Cael, Casey, and Cody are starting to pay dividends!!!!!"
"McKenna needs to hit the weights hard!!!!"
"you guys need to start coming to practice. For Real!!!
"He'll be teching Zain and Jason in the room in no time!!!"
}
ELSE
{
Week 1: "If we don't hear anything this week I'll be shocked!!!"
Week 2: "If we don't hear anything this week I'll be gobsmacked!!!"
Week 3: "if we don't hear anything this week I'll be flabbergasted!!!"
}
If Mckenna commits elsewhere
{
"There was no room for him anyway, he'd have to drop to 33 and George beats him anyway"
" They'll make him hate wrestling"
"He'll regress in that room"
" They got his Dad a job a NASA"
"Damn, my buddies were coming over to celebrate his commtiment (BYOSO - Bring your own scented oils)
}

If McKenna commits to Penn State
execute (This is chess, this ain't checkers)
{
" I told you so!!!!!!"
"My lunch time meetings with Cael, Casey, and Cody are starting to pay dividends!!!!!"
"McKenna needs to hit the weights hard!!!!"
"you guys need to start coming to practice. For Real!!!
"He'll be teching Zain and Jason in the room in no time!!!"
}
ELSE
{
Week 1: "If we don't hear anything this week I'll be shocked!!!"
Week 2: "If we don't hear anything this week I'll be gobsmacked!!!"
Week 3: "if we don't hear anything this week I'll be flabbergasted!!!"
}
If Mckenna commits elsewhere
{
"There was no room for him anyway, he'd have to drop to 33 and George beats him anyway"
" They'll make him hate wrestling"
"He'll regress in that room"
" They got his Dad a job a NASA"
"Damn, my buddies were coming over to celebrate his commtiment (BYOSO - Bring your own scented oils)
}

lol @ "gobsmacked"

"goob-smacked" would probably work well there, too.

If Elsewhere: no room at the inn with Cortez a full sized 41 now anyway. If we get him: The NCAA points record in danger as Cortez goes to his more natural 133 to battle Keener

Dont worry Chickenman, typically I'm wrong and so are my limited contacts.
Sounds like your contacts have been backed up by a Buckeye insider, Bob Preusse. He seems to think they won this battle per a post on ohiowrestling.net.

He's got a pretty good track record.

Bit of a bummer, but makes this season extra interesting. Certainly can't afford key injuries if all the Buckeye new pieces perform well.

According to Preusse, McKenna might slot in at 149, shifting Jordan to 157. I think their keys will be BoJo's health and whether NATO can truly go 125

I don't see Micah wrestling Saturday night so no extra points there. To me, McKenna is additive to the tune of 10-12 points more than Ryan, but whether that is enough to reach PSU is anyone's guess. I agree that NATO is the lynchpin to tOSU's plan. He fails, they fail. He succeeds, they come darn close.

Last edited:
I think/hope that Nick can handle Nato...Zain called him the strongest pound for pound guy in the room. He has a tank that doesn't run out and (as long as he doesn't transfer to RU), I am fine with our chances with NS...

Jordan will give them additional NCAA points at 157, I'm not so sure McKenna can match Jordan's 4th place finish at 149.

I don't see the dual turning out any differently, we still get techs at both 149 and 157. .. in fact, I doubt McKenna can stay off his back against Zain.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT