ADVERTISEMENT

Joe's statue

How important is it to you that the statue of Joe be brought back?

• I will not be happy until it is.

Votes: 113 35.5%
  • It would be nice, but I don't dwell on it

Votes: 115 36.2%
  • It doesn't matter that much to me

Votes: 90 28.3%

• Total voters
It wasn't his job, it was his responsibility. But since he abdicated it and told Paterno, the adult
in the room should have done so or instructed him to. I don't understand why it is so hard for so
many of you to understand that allegations of child molestation should be reported to the proper
authorities (police). It doesn't matter how many knew and did nothing, they are all still guilty
of neglect.
Whoa Cowboy.

You fail to realize that not even MMcQs own adult father and the trusted adult Doctor felt that police needed to be contacted that very night, minutes after the adult McQ was in Lasch.

Why is it so hard for you to realize that, given all evidence and testimony from that very incident, nothing untoward really happened that should have caused JoePa to emerge from the phone booth in his red cape?

It wasn't his job, it was his responsibility. But since he abdicated it and told Paterno, the adult
in the room should have done so or instructed him to. I don't understand why it is so hard for so
many of you to understand that allegations of child molestation should be reported to the proper
authorities (police). It doesn't matter how many knew and did nothing, they are all still guilty
of neglect.

What did State Law require at that time?

Reactions: pandaczar12
of neglect.

Of all things, you should not be telling me who’s responsibility it is to report child molestation. A 27 year old man shouldn’t require another man to tell them to call police if they see a child being molested. If they see a child being molested they should step in and stop it. Then they should call police. At the very least, they should be able to clearly state that they saw a child being molested. None of that happened.

Of all things, you should not be telling me who’s responsibility it is to report child molestation. A 27 year old man shouldn’t require another man to tell them to call police if they see a child being molested. If they see a child being molested they should step in and stop it. Then they should call police. At the very least, they should be able to clearly state that they saw a child being molested. None of that happened.

You were there? And apparently someone has to tell you and those of your ilk. You guys
seem genuinely confused about how to act appropriately in this type of situation.

This is obviously the most important issue facing our university. Hopefully the newly-elected alumni trustees and the rest of the A9 will focus all of their efforts to get the statue put back in its rightful place next to Beaver Stadium.

BARRY. :eek:

In all seriousness, I will not feel whole with respect to my alma mater until the statue is restored or a better one is put up in its place. There was absolutely no reason to ever take the statue down. The university must publicly honor Joe and show its gratitude for all of his contributions, while publicly acknowledging their mistakes and also publicly acknowledging that Joe acted properly. Am I expecting these things to happen? No, but I will not be satisfied until they do.

Whoa Cowboy.

You fail to realize that not even MMcQs own adult father and the trusted adult Doctor felt that police needed to be contacted that very night, minutes after the adult McQ was in Lasch.

Why is it so hard for you to realize that, given all evidence and testimony from that very incident, nothing untoward really happened that should have caused JoePa to emerge from the phone booth in his red cape?

I stated that all who knew were culpable. Learn to read. But the fact that several administrators plead guilty and one was found guilty makes your claim that "nothing happened" ridiculous.

You were there? And apparently someone has to tell you and those of your ilk. You guys
seem genuinely confused about how to act appropriately in this type of situation.

And you were there? Holy crap Mike, why didn’t you punch Jerry while you had the chance instead of slamming the door and running home to daddy?

I stated that all who knew were culpable. Learn to read. But the fact that several administrators plead guilty and one was found guilty makes your claim that "nothing happened" ridiculous.

I guess you think OJ is innocent then?

Other than the victim himself saying nothing happened, what evidence is there to make you think that something happened that night?

Legal maximum? Is that a sick joke? If he contacted the police would he have been arrested for
reporting a possible child molestation? Would he have been fired? No they tried that in 2004. What
crime would he have committed?

Specifically what state law required Joe to report watered down hearsay of potential abuse that happened in the past? I want you to provide the legal minimums and maximums as defined by the law. I want to know specifically how long the law applies (say if Joe would’ve received hearsay about potential abuse that was 20 years old does he have to report it?) I want to know how the law compares to university policy and NCAA guidelines. I’ll wait… But I’m expecting you will just come back with some childish insults rather than actually back up your ridiculous point of view.

I’ll give you one thing you are certainly not afraid to continuously embarrass yourself.

Specifically what state law required Joe to report watered down hearsay of potential abuse that happened in the past? I want you to provide the legal minimums and maximums as defined by the law. I want to know specifically how long the law applies (say if Joe would’ve received hearsay about potential abuse that was 20 years old does he have to report it?) I want to know how the law compares to university policy and NCAA guidelines. I’ll wait… But I’m expecting you will just come back with some childish insults rather than actually back up your ridiculous point of view.

I’ll give you one thing you are certainly not afraid to continuously embarrass yourself.

You want? What you need is an ounce of common sense.

And you were there? Holy crap Mike, why didn’t you punch Jerry while you had the chance instead of slamming the door and running home to daddy?

My last comment to those of you who lack common sense is that MM failed to act when he should have. His dad and Dr. Dranov failed to act responsibly. Neither of those facts absolves the PSU administrators
including Paterno of their failure to act when told of the allegation. Hence the scandal and ruined reputations.

In all fairness to McQ, he slammed his locker door shut and told his daddy. What else was he supposed to do? :confused:

My last comment to those of you who lack common sense is that MM failed to act when he should have. His dad and Dr. Dranov failed to act responsibly. Neither of those facts absolves the PSU administrators
including Paterno of their failure to act when told of the allegation. Hence the scandal and ruined reputations.

The part you consistently (and intentionally) fail to acknowledge is that Joe Paterno did act, as he should have, by taking the information to the people at the university charged with handling this type of information. You can ignore that all you want, but it doesn’t change the fact that it is true.

In all fairness to McQ, he slammed his locker door shut and told his daddy. What else was he supposed to do? :confused:

I would feel better about his actions if he had taken a few loud, stomping steps to let Sandusky know he was serious about stopping it.

Paterno lost the same number of bowl games as Bear Bryant, but won 9 more. I guess Bama should tear down the Bear’s statue.
Paterno's record 24 bowl wins might never be broken (even though there are twice as many bowl games).

Whoa Cowboy.

As the first responders to MM’s story, these 2 should have called police.

You want? What you need is an ounce of common sense.

Your deflection was as predictable as the sun rising each morning. My questions, that you avoid responding to, are designed to stimulate thought and maybe awaken some common sense inside of you. But you will never get there unless you at least try to defend your indefensible position.

Reactions: indynittany
I'm sorry-Joe's reputation remains low amongst most folk?

Qualify that statement.

Look around. And by look around I mean look around outside of the echo chamber that is this forum. It simply is not in the best interest to put any statue of Joe on campus or in State College anywhere nor is it in the best interest of the school to honor him in any way. All you have to do is look at the blowback the school received in the media in 2016 when they honored his championship team at the the Temple game.

The opinion of Joe Paterno around the country is very low. I don't care what you believe about Joe, but that's really not disputed. If you put that statue back up the university is looking at a major backlash and a litany bad press moving forward.

Look around. And by look around I mean look around outside of the echo chamber that is this forum. It simply is not in the best interest to put any statue of Joe on campus or in State College anywhere nor is it in the best interest of the school to honor him in any way. All you have to do is look at the blowback the school received in the media in 2016 when they honored his championship team at the the Temple game.

The opinion of Joe Paterno around the country is very low. I don't care what you believe about Joe, but that's really not disputed. If you put that statue back up the university is looking at a major backlash and a litany bad press moving forward.
Unfortunately that's true.

TAKE THE STATUE DOWN OR WE WILL!!!!!

113db836332f7ed1b07223416a46237b.jpg

Yes, and Galileo suffered a major backlash and a litany of bad press for claiming the earth orbits the sun.

Exactly which part of the EWOC law applies to CS and S?

Reactions: indynittany

If they had not taken the statue down, there likely would not be a bad opinion of joe amongst he ignorant masses. Putting it back is the first step in correcting the mistake. No one said it would be easy, but not much in life worth doing is.

I have a compromise plan that might satisfy those of us who want the statue returned. Place a likeness of an OGBOT or even better the asswipes in the flesh, rotating individuals on a weekly basis and allow us to stop by and piss on them. I swear, if we get to do that, I'll never mention the statue again.

Reactions: denniskembala
If they had not taken the statue down, there likely would not be a bad opinion of joe amongst he ignorant masses. Putting it back is the first step in correcting the mistake. No one said it would be easy, but not much in life worth doing is.

You think taking down the statue is what turned people against Joe?

I hated the old statue, I think there should be a new one in front of the library- in keeping with his belief that education came first.

Did I read this info from asswipe Josh Shapiro correctly??? Seems 2 priests knew of a fellow clergy who was abusing (I think about 100 boys) and did nothing? He brags about bringing them to justice (a fine and a slap on the wrist). How does that mesh with what this asshole and his posse did to Tim, Gary and Graham? Am I correct, did I miss something?

Reactions: PSUPride1
I am seriously considering becoming an asswipe like Bernie McIdiot and camping outside the BoT / Admin Bldg. to aggravate them daily.

Will they provide me with police protection like McAsswipe? or will I need to renew a "permit" daily to "ass"emble?

A terrible decision is hard to correct, but ignoring it is much worse. Not too hard to understand, unless you're in like third grade.

Reactions: Zenophile
ADVERTISEMENT