ADVERTISEMENT

Joe's statue

How important is it to you that the statue of Joe be brought back?

• I will not be happy until it is.

Votes: 113 35.5%
  • It would be nice, but I don't dwell on it

Votes: 115 36.2%
  • It doesn't matter that much to me

Votes: 90 28.3%

• Total voters
Wins in the 6 years after JVP was fired 51. Wins in JVP's final 6 years, including his last which he didn't have the opportunity to complete 54.
All time football record 856-379-37
JVP record 409-136-3
all others 447-243-31
end of discussion.

Well, that gets an "F" as far as a "rigorous analysis" goes. You didn't control for ANYTHING!

There was, for instance, something that occurred in Indianapolis, Indiana at 9 AM ET on 24-July-2012 that should probably be controlled for.

Do you recall such an event?

Well, that gets an "F" as far as a "rigorous analysis" goes. You didn't control for ANYTHING!

There was, for instance, something that occurred in Indianapolis, Indiana at 9 AM ET on 24-July-2012 that should probably be controlled for.

Do you recall such an event?
wins were restored asshole

JVP 24 bowl victories
all others 5

This "rigorous analysis" also gets an "F". You failed to at least acknowledge the fact that not every PSU coach coached in the same number of Bowl games. JVP, in fact, doesn't even have the highest win percentage among all PSU coaches who have coached at least 4 Bowl games.

When Coach Franklin retires, his winning percentage in the Big Ten will be much higher
than Paterno's. Bet on it.

Probably true. Despite a 2-6 record in 2014 (a record that could be partially blamed on the NCAA sanctions), Franklin's basically there already (.629 vs. .638).

Probably true. Despite a 2-6 record in 2014 (a record that could be partially blamed on the NCAA sanctions), Franklin's basically there already (.629 vs. .638).
James is doing a great job 4 years in. Let me know how it looks in 41 years.

Reactions: sluggo72
James is doing a great job 4 years in. Let me know how it looks in 41 years.

We'll see.

If the win% is higher than .638, a certain faction of "Paterno Loyalits" (like yourself) might shift the goalposts to "absolute # of wins", however.

We'll see.

If the win% is higher than .638, a certain faction of "Paterno Loyalits" (like yourself) might shift the goalposts to "absolute # of wins", however.
Actually some people are just fine with James passing Joe by as that is a pretty high bar. Believe it or not some people like Joe and James....unlike you. I find it funny you think PSU fans would be upset if the new HC did better than the all time winningest coach ever. A man who had 5 undefeated seasons and 2 NC's....yeah...damn James if he starts doing that. People will really be pissed. You really don't even think about what you're saying anymore.

Actually some people are just fine with James passing Joe by as that is a pretty high bar. Believe it or not some people like Joe and James....unlike you.

Of course.

marshall23's comment, however, was back-handed. "Oh James is doing well, BUT ............." That's why I responded.

marshall23's comment reminded me of Jay's May 2013 comments about Bill O'Brien. "Oh Bill is doing well, BUT ............."

Yeah. Talk about a false choice. I Love 'em both. It takes a chucklehead like Michy to pretend there are only 2 ways to look at it.
In his little feeble head you either hate Joe or love James...you can't possibly do both. I still have a ton of respect for what OB did under the circumstances. Hell if Watson didn't get hurt they were starting to really become a threat in the AFC minus Watt. Oh wait...I can't say that because I like Joe...so screw OB and James I guess. :D

Reactions: demlion
If you check the image associated with my account,you will see CJF wearing a teeshirt from the high school where I coached and spent my 37 year career. The shirt and stadium bear my name.He did this for me on my 65 birthday as a surprise.
I love what James has done and is doing. But, one acorn doesn't make a fall.
Only a fool would deem it impossible to honor the past and fully support the present/ future.

Wait a minute. marshall23, are you discussing with that withered pile of excreta that passes himself off as michnittlion that, taking Sandusky out of the discussion, Joe should or should not be honored by PSU for what he did for it both on and off the football field? There is nothing to discuss here, no case to be made for the negative. Let the motherfvcker wallow in his fetid existence.

This "rigorous analysis" also gets an "F". You failed to at least acknowledge the fact that not every PSU coach coached in the same number of Bowl games. JVP, in fact, doesn't even have the highest win percentage among all PSU coaches who have coached at least 4 Bowl games.

Paterno lost the same number of bowl games as Bear Bryant, but won 9 more. I guess Bama should tear down the Bear’s statue.

Reactions: marshall23
What's to respond to? JoePa was a liar (he knew about 1998 in 2001 - even Curley said this at last year's trial), Joe's arrogance led to him getting fired, and Joe never followed up with anyone in a position of power (following up with McQueary is meaningless, given Joe was his boss - what was MM going to say?) in 2001 or afterwards as regards Sandusky.

I'm not saying Joe was evil incarnate. But the above simply isn't statue-worthy behavior.

So rather then respond you just go off an some tangent... classic dodge move!

Why not go back and respond to all the posts you’ve ignored and actually back up your argument? Because you can’t.

Many people believe that those traits were in question regarding Paterno's actions or lack of
in 2011 and caused his downfall.

Many people think the earth is flat too, doesn’t make them correct.

Paterno’s actions were the legal maximum, praised by the AG, copied by the NCAA guidelines.

Reactions: marshall23
Many people think the earth is flat too, doesn’t make them correct.

Paterno’s actions were the legal maximum, praised by the AG, copied by the NCAA guidelines.

Legal maximum? Is that a sick joke? If he contacted the police would he have been arrested for
reporting a possible child molestation? Would he have been fired? No they tried that in 2004. What
crime would he have committed?

No trouble. I just don't believe asking MM if he is satisfied constitutes a meaningful action.
Especially since MM's satisfaction had nothing to do with stopping Sandusky.
We were talking about what Joe did. Joe checked with the guy who had complained. Did not have to do that, he had already done his legal duty. This gives the lie to the loony notion that Joe did nothing more than rhe absolute minimum.

The sad part is that it was necessary to explain it to you.

We were talking about what Joe did. Joe checked with the guy who had complained. Did not have to do that, he had already done his legal duty. This gives the lie to the loony notion that Joe did nothing more than rhe absolute minimum.

dem, you've heard the old adage about wrasslin' wif pigs? Asssprey and michshit is pigs.

Reactions: RussianEagle

The sad part is that you and others think that means anything.

Art you crybaby. Are you a six year old child trapped in an 85 year old body?
Genuine questions for you.

During your years at PSU, did you
  1. Ever attend a PSU home football game?
  2. If your answer to Question 1 was “Yes”, did you happen to root for the “Visitors”?
You strike me as an 83 year old version of michnittlion.

Last edited:
Legal maximum? Is that a sick joke? If he contacted the police would he have been arrested for
reporting a possible child molestation? Would he have been fired? No they tried that in 2004. What
crime would he have committed?

It was McQueary’s job to contact police if he thought it was warranted.

Reactions: pandaczar12
It was McQueary’s job to contact police if he thought it was warranted.

It wasn't his job, it was his responsibility. But since he abdicated it and told Paterno, the adult
in the room should have done so or instructed him to. I don't understand why it is so hard for so
many of you to understand that allegations of child molestation should be reported to the proper
authorities (police). It doesn't matter how many knew and did nothing, they are all still guilty
of neglect.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT