ADVERTISEMENT

Joe Moorhead's offense vs Ohio State -- nice analysis.

thanks for posting. Morehead had some great opportunities to play tOSU and use that. To @doctornick above, I would imagine that Auburn is reviewing this film and scheme as well. Perfect example as to how to play against a B1G, physical defense.

In the meantime, tOSU came out today and said that they'd be "making changes" but said that they are very confident in their DC.

Love breakdown of film, but what gets left out of translation is that:

1) doesn't give enough credit to the OL
2) doesn't show the plays that setup the plays illustrated

Oregon OL played great. It was vital.

Reactions: SR108 and Grass
Morehead called a great game but it's nothing new at this point. OSU's defensive ends played like crap.

How does he get access to Oregon's Hudl account?
I wondering the same thing, but could it be possible he recorded the game from TV and exported it to Hudl to make the breakdown? If you look there is Fox's logo all over the film, and I doubt Oregon game film would have that. Thoughts?

I wondering the same thing, but could it be possible he recorded the game from TV and exported it to Hudl to make the breakdown? If you look there is Fox's logo all over the film, and I doubt Oregon game film would have that. Thoughts?

Good call. I thought there were different angles too but they are all labelled "Wide". Another indication that he probably did input it into Hudl himself.

Morehead called a great game but it's nothing new at this point. OSU's defensive ends played like crap.
The defense was horrible. Former OSU linebacker Zach Boren said that not one defensive player made a play the whole game and that they played like high schoolers. Said the schemes were simple (and why not take advantage if you are Oregon) and OSU players were consistently out of position and linebackers were running into each other.

Ryan Day in his early week news conference didn't hide his displeasure. This defense could be worse than the awful 2018 defense.
See beginning at 1:40

JoMo knows O$U pretty good and coached against elite SEC teams. Should have beaten O$U twice... Not intimidated by Larry Johnson or the DC. But his OL was outstanding. That was the key.

Reactions: john4psu
JoMo knows O$U pretty good and coached against elite SEC teams. Should have beaten O$U twice... Not intimidated by Larry Johnson or the DC. But his OL was outstanding. That was the key.

Yeah I was very impressed with how physical Oregon's OL was. They played a great game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT