ADVERTISEMENT

"jim harbaugh hopes to name starting QB 'sooner rather than later'"

BobPSU92

May 6, 2015
See the link below. From the article:

"ANN ARBOR, Mich. -- Michigan coach Jim Harbaugh said he'd like to figure out his starting quarterback "sooner rather than later," but right now he thinks the battle for that job is as competitive as any on the Wolverines' roster.

Ole Miss transfer Shea Patterson and redshirt sophomore Brandon Peters are considered front-runners to win the job ahead of Michigan's season opener at Notre Dame on Sept. 1. Former five-star prospect Dylan McCaffrey, freshman Joe Milton and graduate transfer Jeff George Jr. haven't been ruled out of the competition yet, either.

"None of them have given in," Harbaugh said Monday night. "None of them have dropped off, so it rages on.""

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...an-wolverines-starting-qb-sooner-rather-later

Apparently, none of these guys is a shoe-in.

Reactions: krichards
Wait a minute, didn't several very astute sports writers pick Patterson as a possible All-America Heisman QB. How can he be in a competition to start ? quick guess...all five Michigan QB s have Heisman level talent. I guess that "when the shoe fits....wear it."

We all know who is going to start (unlike at Bama) but this is probably his way of creating additional competition and hoping to develop the younger QBs. It may or may not work but there's some logic here.

We all know who is going to start (unlike at Bama) but this is probably his way of creating additional competition and hoping to develop the younger QBs. It may or may not work but there's some logic here.
What that psycho is trying to do is not totally screw any future possibility of actually recruiting a QB by saying even though this guy I begged to come here as a transfer has to compete for the job so don’t worry QB recruits it’s an open competition and nobody is buying that load of BS.

What that psycho is trying to do is not totally screw any future possibility of actually recruiting a QB by saying even though this guy I begged to come here as a transfer has to compete for the job so don’t worry QB recruits it’s an open competition and nobody is buying that load of BS.

I'm sure some people are...sadly

LOL, look at the tO$U fan defending his other half...

The NCAA has already named the starter for him....Granting the waiver to the kid who I am sure went to Ole Miss with no knowledge that players were getting paid.....

Reactions: eidolon21
Harbaugh develop a younger QB? That doesn't happen. That's why he relies on transfers so much

Harbaugh is petitioning the NCAA to send him 3 or 4 more grad transfer QBs to pick a starter from before the season starts. Emmert's reply..........we are on it Jimbo! Do not worry about anything. Plus we will start the search for your 2019 QB soon even if we have to punish a few schools to free up the guy you want.

Reactions: odshowtime
I think Harbaugh has his five different QBs play in their first five series against ND.

THEN he makes his pick for the rest of the year.

Well, it makes as much sense as anything else he does!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT