ADVERTISEMENT

Jesse James to Detroit. Congrats!

The Spin Meister

Gold Member
Nov 27, 2012
An altered state
Yeah I know that there is a thread for all the free agent stuff. But as a former Penn Stater, Jesse deserves his own thread. Especially since he was here during the darkest of times and stuck it out.

I thought he should have stayed another year as he was young and lanky but it certainly played out well for him. Got to play four years for his home town team and now cash in big time and be set for life.

Haven't heard what the money was but that is a multi year deal so the signing bonus should have been good.

That sucks!!!

Are the Steelers going to get anyone good during free agency.

Reactions: BBrown
I have assumed that with $20+M "dead" Cap space, the Steelers will not sign any FAs but keep $ for signing draft picks with whatever available room is left to stay under the Cap. Is this a correct assumption??

Reactions: razpsu
That sucks!!!

Are the Steelers going to get anyone good during free agency.

Good question.
I was hoping they would go after 1 of the 3 or 4 pretty good Safties that were on the market but if they don't act soon they will be gone.
I wonder if they could get the Ravens CJ Mosley? I would be ok with that.

I have assumed that with $20+M "dead" Cap space, the Steelers will not sign any FAs but keep $ for signing draft picks with whatever available room is left to stay under the Cap. Is this a correct assumption??

Maybe.
But its a scary proposition for us Steeler fans.
I have almost no faith in them in drafting anyone from the secondary or LB'r. Their best Secondary pickup after numerous busts in the draft was Joe Haden. And outside of Shazier and Watt their LB'r drafts have sucked.

Good question.
I was hoping they would go after 1 of the 3 or 4 pretty good Safties that were on the market but if they don't act soon they will be gone.
I wonder if they could get the Ravens CJ Mosley? I would be ok with that.

Mosely just signed with the Jets

Reactions: Hotshoe
So bell will be gone as of today from what I hear. Man. Tomlin really creates a non team atmosphere!

They are $16,468,259 under the cap right now without releasing anyone. Also, Ben is expected to sign a new contract that should free up more money immediately. They aren't in a bad spot but don't expect and high dollar free agents. Next year they'll be in a much better place.

Reactions: eidolon21
They are $16,468,259 under the cap right now without releasing anyone. Also, Ben is expected to sign a new contract that should free up more money immediately. They aren't in a bad spot but don't expect and high dollar free agents. Next year they'll be in a much better place.
Especially if they go 5-11...which may happen.

Reactions: PearlSUJam
Yeah I know that there is a thread for all the free agent stuff. But as a former Penn Stater, Jesse deserves his own thread. Especially since he was here during the darkest of times and stuck it out.

I thought he should have stayed another year as he was young and lanky but it certainly played out well for him. Got to play four years for his home town team and now cash in big time and be set for life.

Haven't heard what the money was but that is a multi year deal so the signing bonus should have been good.
Hope it works out better than his trip to Minnesota.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT