ADVERTISEMENT

Jeff Beyers and Morning Guys

LorenzoFan

Nov 22, 2017
By all indications, the host station decided that Iron Head and Sinderson are no longer needed each weekday morning.

Not real happy about it as I listened all the time and their show was my link to the Centre Region

Reactions: Dogwelder
By all indications, the host station decided that Iron Head and Sinderson are no longer needed each weekday morning.

Not real happy about it as I listened all the time and their show was my link to the Centre Region
Wow - Jeff’s show is very funny and thought provoking. He has a large number of devoted older listeners who chuckle every morning to his conservative observations of a liberal college town. Best wrestling commentator EVER!

Jeff posted last night that they got cancelled.... very disappointing but must be cost cutting by parent company with new fiscal year starting tomorrow.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dogwelder
He was fired from Forever Media, not Penn State Athletics. Now, I suppose that Forever Media could decide not to carry Penn State Wrestling down the road if they feel the advertising doesn’t warrant it.
Forever Media produces the wrestling though, right? Isn’t it a contract? That’s why it seems unclear to me.

Still makes very little sense especially as Gary notes $1-$2 million was received in stimulus. There has got to be more to it.

Forever Media produces the wrestling though, right? Isn’t it a contract? That’s why it seems unclear to me.

I don’t know who is in charge of producing the wrestling broadcasts. However, Forever Media does not control who announces PSU Wrestling. Penn State controls that. Jeff & Gary’s employment on The Morning Show is not tied to Jeff’s employment as the PSU Wrestling announcer.

Again, I don’t know the contract specifics of Forever Media carrying wrestling. If they carry it going forward it will be based on financial viability, not who is announcing.

Last edited:
Reactions: RoarLions1
I don’t know who is in charge of producing the wrestling broadcasts. However, Forever Media does not control who announces PSU Wrestling. Penn State controls that. Jeff & Gary’s employment on The Morning Show is not tied to Jeff’s employment as the PSU Wrestling announcer.

Again, I don’t know the contract specifics of Forever Media carrying wrestling. If they carry it going forward it will be based on financial viability, not who is announcing.
You sound confident in your knowledge, so I will differ to you—That’s not how I had it pictured, but I have no first-hand knowledge.

You sound confident in your knowledge, so I will differ to you—That’s not how I had it pictured, but I have no first-hand knowledge.

I imagine this is very similar to when Steve Jones was fired from a local station many years ago but the station (or another one in the same corporation) still carried Penn State Basketball.

Was listening to the news on WRSC this afternoon and the station aired an apology regarding a political advertisement that was aired recently. Anybody hear the ad in question?

Was listening to the news on WRSC this afternoon and the station aired an apology regarding a political advertisement that was aired recently. Anybody hear the ad in question?
The station manager is rotting in jail now. He’s lucky to be alive. He aired a controversial ad that said “the poor ain’t so bad” !
latest

ADVERTISEMENT