ADVERTISEMENT

Jb and David Taylor heating things up.

Nolf and Dake are going to make JB disappear (or return whimpering to Jersey).

Nolf will be #3 on the ladder after this year's Sr. Nats. Dake is going to have to wait until 2024 to make an Olympic team. Nolf probably never will. JB isn't losing his spot through the Olympics.

• Haha
Reactions: PAwrestling
To say one of the greatest, most innovative and dominant wrestlers we’ve ever seen wont make an Olympic team is laughable.

I think Jason’s international success will eventually overshadow even his college dominance.

Jason will rule 74 while Dake rules a more natural 79 till 2024 then we will see.

Burroughs will win Tweet battles.

Reactions: hlstone
To say one of the greatest, most innovative and dominant wrestlers we’ve ever seen wont make an Olympic team is laughable.

I think Jason’s international success will eventually overshadow even his college dominance.

Jason will rule 74 while Dake rules a more natural 79 till 2024 then we will see.

Also 5 World and Olympic titles. Don't forget those!

Reactions: Str8DBLz
Im not forgetting them at all. Just offering up my opinion,as you did. Did you think after JB’s college career he would become a top 3 all time american? I think Jason has an incredible upside.

Great collegiate wrestlers don't always become great international wrestlers. Neither Taylor nor Dake even made a team until they vacated Burroughs weight class. And then even making a team is no guarantee. See: Ed Ruth, Ben Askren, Brent Metcalf, Jordan Oliver, Zain Retherford. Not saying Nolf won't make the jump at some point, but it's certainly not laughable to say that he won't.

Great collegiate wrestlers don't always become great international wrestlers. Neither Taylor nor Dake even made a team until they vacated Burroughs weight class. And then even making a team is no guarantee. See: Ed Ruth, Ben Askren, Brent Metcalf, Jordan Oliver, Zain Retherford. Not saying Nolf won't make the jump at some point, but it's certainly not laughable to say that he won't.
No doubt a clever tweet by Jordan, and hopefully it is all in fun between those two, but I believe 74 kg. was just too much of a cut for David to be competitive (at the highest levels) and his move up to 86 kg. was a great decision. There were numerous interviews over the last few years where David talked about how brutal a cut it was for him and how it had taken a toll on his joy for competing. David even mentioned in one interview where the cut to 165 lb. his senior year had been quite tough. Given the fact that David appeared to be a late bloomer physically, his height/frame and his father's size, 86 kg. seems to be his ideal weight. David at 86 kg also makes USA a much better team.

No doubt a clever tweet by Jordan, and hopefully it is all in fun between those two, but I believe 74 kg. was just too much of a cut for David to be competitive (at the highest levels) and his move up to 86 kg. was a great decision. There were numerous interviews over the last few years where David talked about how brutal a cut it was for him and how it had taken a toll on his joy for competing. David even mentioned in one interview where the cut to 165 lb. his senior year had been quite tough. Given the fact that David appeared to be a late bloomer physically, his height/frame and his father's size, 86 kg. seems to be his ideal weight. David at 86 kg also makes USA a much better team.

No doubt about any of that part, before his knee injury he was clearly the best guy in the world at the weight, and he looked back to his old self over the summer tuning up Myles Martin. For Team USA's sake, I hope he's an Olympic Gold Medalist next year (or whomever our rep is, but I think it's unlikely to be anybody but Taylor unless he gets injured again or isn't quite as back as he looked.)

David was MagicMan before he ever wrestled JB. Clever tweet, douchy at this point, given David needed to go up in weight to match his height 6 foot vs JB who is 5'7. I guess for all his winning, JB is insecure about something or he wouldn't be tweeting shade at a less accomplished wrestler.

David was MagicMan before he ever wrestled JB. Clever tweet, douchy at this point, given David needed to go up in weight to match his height 6 foot vs JB who is 5'7. I guess for all his winning, JB is insecure about something or he wouldn't be tweeting shade at a less accomplished wrestler.
Everyone loves watching DT but take your head out of his ass. DT sent a dumb tweet and Burroughs answered with the truth lol.

Who knows, maybe by 2024 we will finally get a full 10 weights at the Olympics. Most likely not, but you never know.

Would be very interesting to see a 10-man Olympic team with USA’s best, maybe Nolf at 70kg and Dake at 79kg

Everyone loves watching DT but take your head out of his ass. DT sent a dumb tweet and Burroughs answered with the truth lol.
At least we agree DT sent a stupid tweet, so it makes sense JB would respond in kind, I guess. Would be fun to watch them in one of these sponsored, meaningless but better than nothing events.

Im not forgetting them at all. Just offering up my opinion,as you did. Did you think after JB’s college career he would become a top 3 all time american? I think Jason has an incredible upside.

I didn't think JB would be one of the greats. He also didn't have guys like JB and Dake ahead of him. I like NOlf. I'd much rather see him on the team than Dake...or DT, I just don't see it happening anytime soon.

Reactions: tewlepz
Hearing that Flo originally tried to make this card DT vs JB, but JB didn't sign (I won't speculate why), but it adds some context to both tweets.

Who knows, maybe by 2024 we will finally get a full 10 weights at the Olympics. Most likely not, but you never know.

Would be very interesting to see a 10-man Olympic team with USA’s best, maybe Nolf at 70kg and Dake at 79kg
I am still pissed they cut the Oly Wrestling weights down. Been to 3 Oly’s, wrestling is a great show. Effin’ BMX biking, but cutting a staple like wrestling, makes no sense. Has to change

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT