ADVERTISEMENT

Jay Wright Grew Up in Parkland School District

Parkland Fan

Jul 25, 2001
I never knew this until a recent article in The Morning Call. Jay's family lived in the Dorneyville area for several years when he was in grade school. He attended Cetronia Grade School and played youth football for South Parkland. They actually lived a few blocks from my house before moving to Bucks County. Their house was on my son's paper route although many tears before he delivered.
Too bad they moved away.

He played HS ball @ Council Rock in Newtown same time I was there at Bensalem. I played against him in a summer pickup game since I was friends on our men's b-ball team (I was track and XC) and joined them when these games in Fairless Hills area. I guarded him as best I could. They had a great team back then

He played HS ball @ Council Rock in Newtown same time I was there at Bensalem. I played against him in a summer pickup game since I was friends on our men's b-ball team (I was track and XC) and joined them when these games in Fairless Hills area. I guarded him as best I could. They had a great team back then
Probably like me trying to guard former Lion TE Brian Siverling in an Open IM Final Four game in 86/87...at 6' 3 and 155 lbs vs. 6'5 240 it wasn't pretty!

Reactions: NedFromYork
I graduated 2 years behind Jay at CR. There were some great games between CR and Pennsbury in the late 70's. Jay's brother Derek coached at CR for a number of years and had Ben Luber on his District 1 final team in 2003.

Reactions: Parkland Fan
Coach Wright seems like a class act. Congratulations to him and his team for a great year!

ADVERTISEMENT