ADVERTISEMENT

Jay Wright at it again!

Isn't it some old actress's birthday??
Perfect. Its amazing with the thousands of different subjects brought up on this board that folks would get upset with a post about another by the book University. Don't know if Joe Paterno and Jay Wright ever met or knew each other but there is no doubt in my mind Joe would have liked the way Jay conducts himself and his program.

WRONG!
TRY AGAIN!
If I wanted to read about a basketball team I don’t care about, I’d go to the below site, NOT a Penn State football site:

https://247sports.com/college/villanova/board/villanova-basketball-other-sports-free-106104/
OK so from now on Penn State football and only Penn State football can be discussed on this board. Let everybody know when we start. Dude just scroll on. My goodness with the thousands of different non Penn State football posts on here complaining about something not being Penn State is ridiculous.

The Stadium has Villanova ranked #2 in their “way too early “ preseason ranking for the upcoming season. Baylor is ranked #1. Jay runs a great program and is in excellent shape with several potential recruits for this class.
They lose Bey right?

The utter pointlessness of this post on this board leads me to say something I have never said here before. I don't give a shit. Now, I will move on and allow those who are inclined to give a shit to do so.
Actually the point is very clear. It's amazing that there are thousands of posts on here not Penn State football related but you chose to get upset about this one? Please do not mention Pitt or any other school ever again on this board. I mean that's the same thing right? So if somebody posts about OSU, MSU or Michigan I hope you are as diligent to point out how they are in violation of your personal rules.

Actually the point is very clear. It's amazing that there are thousands of posts on here not Penn State football related but you chose to get upset about this one? Please do not mention Pitt or any other school ever again on this board. I mean that's the same thing right? So if somebody posts about OSU, MSU or Michigan I hope you are as diligent to point out how they are in violation of your personal rules.
First of all, I don't start threads about other schools.
Second, for those who do, and they are about Pitt, OSU, MSU, or Michigan, I have less a problem with those because we play them in football and/or basketball. As far as I can tell, we haven't played Villanova in either sport in over 20 years.
That aside, I specifically said I don't give a shit and also said I would move on and allow those who did give a shit to do so. I did move on. You do give a shit. So be it.

TheGLOV is nice as well.

Maybe nicer!

:););):)
I'm gonna disagree with you on this one. Google searches get you all kinds of idiot thoughts... here, we have a pretty fair idea of who the idiots are and whether to trust their opinions.

I read alll the travel reviews but the best come from this site, imo. That's a tribute to Penn State... that we have a well traveled base that can share thoughts that actually have value to the searcher.

And as many say.. it's pretty clear what the subject line entails... if it's unimportant to you, kindly step away.

Just an opinion.
I agree with you. This board has some very informative individuals who on many occasions have sent me in a much better direction than where I was headed on my own.

Reactions: TheGLOV and N&B4PSU
My response would to kindly go elsewhere to discuss things (so many things on this board) that have nothing to do with PSU or PSU football. Is THAT so hard to do? It is not unreasonable to expect the majority of posts on this board to be relevant to its purpose. But there are so many here that think this is an entertainment board vs. what its purpose is supposed to be. Add in a ton of retired guys that have nothing to do but check and post to this board all day long and you get what we have here now. Then there are employed people that still read and post to this board all day long (the 50k+ posts guys) that simply have to chime in on every single topic and you get a shitty board. There is nothing wrong with having all these other interests, folks just need to accept those other interests are better served on a more dedicated board. You know, like this is supposed to be a PSU college football board.
Total over reaction to a nothing burger.
It's simple click on the posts that subject Penn State football. It all for free and nobody is making anybody do anything.

Reactions: N&B4PSU and TheGLOV
Total over reaction to a nothing burger.
It's simple click on the posts that subject Penn State football. It all for free and nobody is making anybody do anything.
Well, as long as we know where YOU stand on this, that's all that matters .. right? **** off.

Well, as long as we know where YOU stand on this, that's all that matters .. right? **** off.

No Villanova basketball, but jack stands are OK?? Clown.

As long as you don't have to take off the wheels, sure. No issue with keeping a jack in place once the car is on stands either, and if I were using Harbor Freight stands that goes doubly so.

Reactions: TheGLOV
First of all, I don't start threads about other schools.
Second, for those who do, and they are about Pitt, OSU, MSU, or Michigan, I have less a problem with those because we play them in football and/or basketball. As far as I can tell, we haven't played Villanova in either sport in over 20 years.
That aside, I specifically said I don't give a shit and also said I would move on and allow those who did give a shit to do so. I did move on. You do give a shit. So be it.
OK. Cant mention Notre Dame?
"Meow".

GLOV I like Roy and your squad. When they play Duke I am hoping they beat em by 40 every time. Can't stand coach K.

I've been wondering where you were sir.

I'm glad you are back and doing well.

And don't forget to order your Liverpool Premier League Champion shirt sir!

I know you'll look good in it!

Glad your back!!!! I mean that!!!!

:)

OK. Cant mention Notre Dame?

"Meow".
You're parsing, but that aside, we play Notre Dame in hockey and recruit against them in football. Now, if you are to suggest we recruit against Villanova in basketball, I'm OK with the thread. It is good news for us and bad news for them.
All that said, you continue to miss my point. I said I don't give a shit, but those who do give a shit should do so. You obviously care, so feel free to do so.
By the way, I have a soft spot for Villanova as I dated a great girl from there in the late 60's. Our politics were poles apart so we both agreed to move on, but she was a sweetheart.
Now, I will allow you the last word on the subject as you will likely take it anyway.

Last edited:
You're parsing, but that aside, we play Notre Dame in hockey and recruit against them in football. Now, if you are to suggest we recruit against Villanova in basketball, I'm OK with the thread. It is good news for us and bad news for them.
All that said, you continue to miss my point. I said I don't give a shit, but those who do give a shit should do so. You obviously care, so feel free to do so.
By the way, I have a soft spot for Villanova as I dated a great girl from there in the late 60's. Our politics were poles apart so we both agreed to move on, but she was a sweetheart.
Now, I will allow you the last word on the subject as you will likely take it anyway.

Easy sir.

I'd be willing to bet that you are two very proud men.

Let's all try to work things out.

Reactions: fairgambit
One thing Jay has done that Rollie did/ would not. Rollie wanted to recruit nationally after ‘85 as someone else thoroughly noted.
This coach recruits regionally. For all this talk of Pa. basketball talent, there may not be 1 recruit from Pa. in the next basketball class, I think that will be correct.. But none of the recruits is more than 200 or so miles away. Robinson-Earle being an exception.

Easy sir.

I'd be willing to bet that you are two very proud men.

Let's all try to work things out.
I have no animus GLOV. People can start threads about anything. If I think they have no value to the board I may point that out, but then I move on and leave the thread to those who care about the topic. That is what happened here. I moved on. I only came back to the thread to respond to a criticism of my post. And perhaps the criticism is not entirely unwarranted. OK, I don't really believe that, but I say it in the spirit of Kumbaya. :)

I have no animus GLOV. People can start threads about anything. If I think they have no value to the board I may point that out, but then I move on and leave the thread to those who care about the topic. That is what happened here. I moved on. I only came back to the thread to respond to a criticism of my post. And perhaps the criticism is not entirely unwarranted. OK, I don't really believe that, but I say it in the spirit of Kumbaya. :)

Or how about:

FORGETABOUTIT!

;)

One thing Jay has done that Rollie did/ would not. Rollie wanted to recruit nationally after ‘85 as someone else thoroughly noted.
This coach recruits regionally. For all this talk of Pa. basketball talent, there may not be 1 recruit from Pa. in the next basketball class, I think that will be correct.. But none of the recruits is more than 200 or so miles away. Robinson-Earle being an exception.

I've always liked Jay.

He is a damn good coach.

But, I always wanted him to take over for ole Roy Williams when he hangs it up but that is not going to happen.

Reactions: fairgambit
This board is such a humbling experience. I learn a lot here.. I get angry sometimes.. I get fired up others... I learn so much here I would likely miss out on elsewhere.

I see arguments between posters whose opinions i respect and it's hard to take sides when I can easily see both.

This thread sums that up perfectly and it's a shame that we are arguing over a solution I view as simple... while others take an entirely contrary position.

But that's life, and whether I agree or disagree with you, I thoroughly appreciate the shared experience.

BTW, thanks again to Midnighter (and others) whose insight has greatly aided our travel.

I think he is Duke bound. The backcourt has suddenly become crowded with two other guards verbaling in this class and guards already at Nova. He would be the sole guard to date in the 2021 class for Duke.

I sure hope he likes losing to North Carolina if he chooses dook!
Scheyer is still a recruiting genius for Duke -
  • 021: Paolo Banchero (No. 3), AJ Griffin (No. 6)
  • 2020: Jalen Johnson (No. 13), Jeremy Roach (No. 23), DJ Steward (No. 26), Mark Williams (No. 28)
  • 2019: Vernon Carey Jr. (No. 6), Matthew Hurt (No. 12)
  • 2018: Cam Reddish (No. 2), Zion Williamson (No. 5), Joey Baker (No. 33)
  • 2017: Alex O’Connell (No. 68)
  • 2016: Jayson Tatum (No. 4), Frank Jackson (No. 13)
  • 2015: Derryck Thornton (No. 14), Luke Kennard (No. 21)
That’s 14 five-stars and two four-stars, all inside the top 70 in their respective classes, and five inside the top 10. That’s an average of two five-stars a year. That’s just a ton of stars — one NBA All-Star in Tatum plus several potential All-Stars — and only a couple of relative duds. That’s evidence of a man who has both a keen eye for top talents and the right personality to reel ’em in.

Following Banchero’s announcement, many players on that list took to social media to spread a 100 percent true ad promoting Scheyer as the best recruiter in the country. A no-brainer for Johnson:

The same goes for Steward and others.

ADVERTISEMENT