ADVERTISEMENT

Jay Wright at it again!

Brizzi looks amazing in his videos. In the gym range and excellent passer. He is left handed and has thunder dunks right handed. Good size at 6'4. I think he is underrated.

Longino has a very nice shot and size, but looks a little stiff and one dimensional.

Trevor Keals would be the 5th member of the class.

Jay just hand picks his players now.

Reactions: TheGLOV and whart
Half the threads here have nothing to do with PSU football. Golf threads? I find golf boring. Do you see me going on golf threads and crying?
Agree. I'd rather see Fair's actresses than a story about Villanova BB or Pitt FB. That said, I don't get why people get so bent out of shape over subjects chosen by other board members. Who's making anyone read any thread? It's as though some are searching for something to be pissed off about, or at least feigning to be. Perspective, my friends, perspective.

Count me in as PSU football and Villanova basketball.

giphy.gif

There's a couple posters on here............something like psunovaluvr and.............NovaPSULuvr.............I hear they are nice ;)

WRONG!
TRY AGAIN!
If I wanted to read about a basketball team I don’t care about, I’d go to the below site, NOT a Penn State football site:

https://247sports.com/college/villanova/board/villanova-basketball-other-sports-free-106104/

This an old conversation and ur a new board member. Pretty simple stuff... lotta Big 5 fans from PA still navigate this site and plenty of nova folks, for sure. No harm no foul, imo.

As with so many threads (and this one has been hanging around a lonnnnnnnnnnnng time), if you don't have interest, kindly ignore. With the recent covididity mess, there have been more nonsense/OT threads for the simple reason that there isn't much PSU football to discuss.

Guilty of starting a few fires myself.

lol. Yeah, about the posts that use this board as a search engine.
I'm gonna disagree with you on this one. Google searches get you all kinds of idiot thoughts... here, we have a pretty fair idea of who the idiots are and whether to trust their opinions.

I read alll the travel reviews but the best come from this site, imo. That's a tribute to Penn State... that we have a well traveled base that can share thoughts that actually have value to the searcher.

And as many say.. it's pretty clear what the subject line entails... if it's unimportant to you, kindly step away.

Just an opinion.

I'm gonna disagree with you on this one. Google searches get you all kinds of idiot thoughts... here, we have a pretty fair idea of who the idiots are and whether to trust their opinions.

I read alll the travel reviews but the best come from this site, imo. That's a tribute to Penn State... that we have a well traveled base that can share thoughts that actually have value to the searcher.

And as many say.. it's pretty clear what the subject line entails... if it's unimportant to you, kindly step away.

Just an opinion.

opinions are likes assholes, we all got them ;)

Brizzi looks amazing in his videos. In the gym range and excellent passer. He is left handed and has thunder dunks right handed. Good size at 6'4. I think he is underrated.

Longino has a very nice shot and size, but looks a little stiff and one dimensional.

Trevor Keals would be the 5th member of the class.

Jay just hand picks his players now.

His play and meteoric rise remind me of Collin Gillespie, except he is much more athletic and quicker. Never played AAU.

Just an opinion.
My response would to kindly go elsewhere to discuss things (so many things on this board) that have nothing to do with PSU or PSU football. Is THAT so hard to do? It is not unreasonable to expect the majority of posts on this board to be relevant to its purpose. But there are so many here that think this is an entertainment board vs. what its purpose is supposed to be. Add in a ton of retired guys that have nothing to do but check and post to this board all day long and you get what we have here now. Then there are employed people that still read and post to this board all day long (the 50k+ posts guys) that simply have to chime in on every single topic and you get a shitty board. There is nothing wrong with having all these other interests, folks just need to accept those other interests are better served on a more dedicated board. You know, like this is supposed to be a PSU college football board.

My response would to kindly go elsewhere to discuss things (so many things on this board) that have nothing to do with PSU or PSU football. Is THAT so hard to do? It is not unreasonable to expect the majority of posts on this board to be relevant to its purpose. But there are so many here that think this is an entertainment board vs. what its purpose is supposed to be. Add in a ton of retired guys that have nothing to do but check and post to this board all day long and you get what we have here now. Then there are employed people that still read and post to this board all day long (the 50k+ posts guys) that simply have to chime in on every single topic and you get a shitty board. There is nothing wrong with having all these other interests, folks just need to accept those other interests are better served on a more dedicated board. You know, like this is supposed to be a PSU college football board.

I get where you are coming from, but this board has been run this way for a long time and seems to work well IMHO.... I simply pass on topics that don't interest me. You can also start numerous posts about PSU Football to get the football talk started so if there is a wide array of topics regarding PSU Football post them, I am sure a bunch of us would gladly jump in and add thoughts and opinions. Once the football season draws near and gets started the off topic posts die down, with more a focus on PSU Football. But for now between it being the off season and Covid this board provides a nice break.

I get where you are coming from, but this board has been run this way for a long time and seems to work well IMHO.... I simply pass on topics that don't interest me. You can also start numerous posts about PSU Football to get the football talk started so if there is a wide array of topics regarding PSU Football post them, I am sure a bunch of us would gladly jump in and add thoughts and opinions. Once the football season draws near and gets started the off topic posts die down, with more a focus on PSU Football. But for now between it being the off season and Covid this board provides a nice break.

I am as big a Penn State fan as almost anyone on this board, but I like talking about sports and as the previous poster stated during this pandemic there has not been a lot of Penn State football topics to talk about.

Reactions: TheGLOV and bwifan
His play and meteoric rise remind me of Collin Gillespie, except he is much more athletic and quicker. Never played AAU.

Nothing compared to Lehigh position.
The problem here I don’t see how Lehigh (using only them as an example) can play Colgate or Holy Cross. If no over night trips. It is absolutely unfair to ask kids to sit on a bus that long get off and play. With no overnight being allowed. How can Gate and Holy across play Georgetown? I am hearing that FCS is going to abandon conferences and play a very regional schedule (3 hour max bus ride). I think FCS has to play, think about the scholarship money these schools will have to eat if they grant the additional eligibility on top of incoming freshman.
1. Villanova
2. Fordham
3. Bucknell
4. Delaware
5. Lafayette
6. Monmouth
7. Wagner
8. Stony Brook
9. LIU Post
10. Marist

Is likely some form of the Lehigh schedule

I am as big a Penn State fan as almost anyone on this board, but I like talking about sports and as the previous poster stated during this pandemic there has not been a lot of Penn State football topics to talk about.

Exactly ... I am a HUGE sports fan overall and enjoy talking all sports. I grew up in Doylestown going to the Palestra and Big 5 doubleheaders. I root for all Big 5 schools as well as PSU.

Reactions: N&B4PSU and TheGLOV
The problem here I don’t see how Lehigh (using only them as an example) can play Colgate or Holy Cross. If no over night trips. It is absolutely unfair to ask kids to sit on a bus that long get off and play. With no overnight being allowed. How can Gate and Holy across play Georgetown? I am hearing that FCS is going to abandon conferences and play a very regional schedule (3 hour max bus ride). I think FCS has to play, think about the scholarship money these schools will have to eat if they grant the additional eligibility on top of incoming freshman.
1. Villanova
2. Fordham
3. Bucknell
4. Delaware
5. Lafayette
6. Monmouth
7. Wagner
8. Stony Brook
9. LIU Post
10. Marist

What does this response have to do with Angelo Brizzi?

1. Villanova
2. Fordham
3. Bucknell
4. Delaware
5. Lafayette
6. Monmouth
7. Wagner
8. Stony Brook
9. LIU Post
10. Marist

Is that a football post-question?

Reactions: TheGLOV
1. Villanova
2. Fordham
3. Bucknell
4. Delaware
5. Lafayette
6. Monmouth
7. Wagner
8. Stony Brook
9. LIU Post
10. Marist

I believe all the Ivy League basketball trips are by bus ( guess longest is Phila to Hanover BUT they play fri and sat night- so trip is broken up. I.e. Dartmouth and Harvard are a pair, Penn and Princeton etc..

Reactions: TheGLOV

And if there was a bunch of CFB info (specifically PSU) you'd see less of the OT's and more football content. We're pretty much starved for CFB and a good number of us doubt a season gets played at all.

So while I don't really disagree with your point, I still think it's pretty simple to look at the subject line and go elsewhere (that said, we have a responsibility to post subject lines that make it easy for people to figure out whether they want to indulge the OT).

If an actual football season commences I expect 90+% of the content will be football oriented. That said, I think it will be hard not to worry when someone will decide we've had enough fun and shut the season down (makes it hard to get truly invested in the team).

1. Villanova
2. Fordham
3. Bucknell
4. Delaware
5. Lafayette
6. Monmouth
7. Wagner
8. Stony Brook
9. LIU Post
10. Marist

Add Temple, Drexel, LaSalle, St. Joe's, Penn, Princeton, Seton Hall ..., there are plenty to play within driving distance.

Reactions: Fox Chapel Lion II
ADVERTISEMENT