ADVERTISEMENT

Jason Nolf vs Micah Jordan NCAA Semi-Final Match

One of my favorite Jason Nolf matches. Talk about brutal, one legged Nolf and this was one nasty half, resulting in a dominating Tech Fall.

Nolf with a master class in Pennsylvania mat wrestling.

One of the reasons that DT is a little reserved when talking about Jeff Jordan’s coaching - I don’t think he’s a huge fan. He went on the TRow and Funky podcast a few years back and wasn’t exactly complimentary of Jordan’s coaching of the mat game

I remember thinking, at the time, given how effortlessly Jason made it look in turning an NCAA semi-finalist, 3 times with a half, that we would see this more frequently his senior year. I don’t recall him from top, bellying a guy out and using a half to turn a guy, his entire senior year. With Jason, there were so many other turning opportunities, that maybe the half just never came up or maybe he thought the half was not creative enough, when you are inventing moves.

Last edited:
I remember thinking, at the time, given how effortlessly Jason made it look in turning an NCAA semi-finalist, 3 times with a half, that we would see this more frequently his senior year. I don’t recall him from top, bellying a guy out and using a half to turn a guy, his entire senior year. With Jason, there were so many other turning opportunities, that maybe the half just never came up or maybe he thought the half was not creative enough, when you are inventing moves.
Or maybe the half is just really effective on certain guys. 🤷‍♂️

Honestly, hanging out in the tunnel and showing up to the mat late was meaner to the fans than what he did to Micah, and that's saying something.

ADVERTISEMENT