ADVERTISEMENT

JAMES TO STEELERS

5th round. Someone here will not have to eat their shorts.

Good luck to Jesse. He has a lot of potential.

Reactions: PSUriseANDfire
I hope he enjoys the diversity and culture in that breaking edge city.

Great kid, great target for Ben, hopefully Miller will help him with his blocking, Heath is one of the best in that department.

I hope he enjoys the diversity and culture in that breaking edge city.

It's funny how the diversity and culture keep pitt athletic supporters away on Saturdays but not Steelers fans on Sundays. I'm pretty sure the diversity and culture stuff happens on Sundays.

Reactions: Alphabets
It's funny how the diversity and culture keep pitt athletic supporters away on Saturdays but not Steelers fans on Sundays. I'm pretty sure the diversity and culture stuff happens on Sundays.

When Pitt fans mention and list the cultural opportunities in Pittsburgh, I simply agree and add Beaver stadium is only a short drive away. That must be where everyone is going.

Reactions: Alphabets
When Pitt fans mention and list the cultural opportunities in Pittsburgh, I simply agree and add Beaver stadium is only a short drive away. That must be where everyone is going.
I am not a Pitt fan, but I am from Pittsburgh, and I am fully aware of the many cultural opportunities available here. To suggest they do not exist reflects a cultural naivete which I am sure does not apply to you. As a result, I will take your post as a shot at Pitt fans, which would not bother me, as opposed to a shot at the City of Pittsburgh, which would.

James went to South Allegheny, so he is coming home, and I'm sure is quite aware of what Pittsburgh has to offer.

Just because the sPitters use the many cultural offerings of Pittsburgh as a convenient excuse for their lack of fan participation, does not mean that those offerings do not exist. I love living here, and while I certainly am at the front of the line for insulting sPitt fandom, to mock all of Pittsburgh itself is just plain stupid.

James went to South Allegheny, so he is coming home, and I'm sure is quite aware of what Pittsburgh has to offer.

Just because the sPitters use the many cultural offerings of Pittsburgh as a convenient excuse for their lack of fan participation, does not mean that those offerings do not exist. I love living here, and while I certainly am at the front of the line for insulting sPitt fandom, to mock all that Pittsburgh itself has to offer is just plain stupid.
Amen, LL.

As a Pitt fan I can tell you Pitt will never draw what Penn State draws...however, I'm not embarrassed by it. I didn't become a season ticket holder until my kids stopped playing athletics on Saturdays. I can't speak for anyone else...but it's a choice I would make all over again.

Reactions: tubmillpanther
I would imagine that he's already familiar with it.
Absolutely. He knew it would too overwhelming for a young college kid. That's why he went to a more prestigious school with a better football program in a much more conducive atmosphere. Getting to come home to the real, and only football team that matters in that city is just icing on the cake. Good for him.

Pittsburgh is a very nice city. I wish Jesse James all the best and great success. I always root for teams that have PSU guys. Now I can once again root for the Steelers :) Hell, I rooted for the Cowboys when Lee was playing. Las season not so much.

Given that he is from Pittsburgh area, I'm guessing he'll have no problem with the "culture" of the area. What a d-bag, ignorant post.
Your sarcasm meter is broken, moron. No kidding he is from Pittsburgh. #Moron

As a Pitt fan I can tell you Pitt will never draw what Penn State draws...however, I'm not embarrassed by it. I didn't become a season ticket holder until my kids stopped playing athletics on Saturdays. I can't speak for anyone else...but it's a choice I would make all over again.
I have a question and I ask it without malice - why would one purchase Pitt season tix? Is there a monetary advantage vs individual game passes? Why not just show up for the games and buy tickets?

Most State schools get more support. When you compare Pitt against other City schools with NFL teams...Pitt does fine. Compare Miami vs Pitt. Miami is a much larger city and draws less. It's just the way things are and I don't get penis envy over attendance...sorry.

Compare Miami vs Pitt. Miami is a much larger city and draws less
Actually, Miami population is larger because city limits in Pgh are smaller and the trapped population is smaller,however when you add in metropolitan populace, the difference is much less. That and the fact that more people WANT to be in Miami, which does have so much more to do than Pgh.

Most State schools get more support. When you compare Pitt against other City schools with NFL teams...Pitt does fine. Compare Miami vs Pitt. Miami is a much larger city and draws less. It's just the way things are and I don't get penis envy over attendance...sorry.
You totally lost me.. Miami 417k vs Pittsburgh 305k "much larger".. Miami, 75 % of whom follow futboll and 40% do not speak American(not English) The U 17k undergraduates most of whom are enjoying the delights of S Florida..I can certainly understand why you do not get "penis envy" over attendance,,

Okay...you win. Like really...I didn't come here to argue attendance figures....BECAUSE I DON'T CARE. Believe it or not...I'd much rather see PSU and Pitt become relevent programs again. Let's both start by winning our Conferences on a regular basis. Then we'll have something worth discussing.

Nevertheless, you are here defending Pitt's attendance. So, obviously, you do care that Pitt's attendance is shit.

The bottom line is both teams need to start putting it on the field...everything else is just chest thumping over nothing.

Last edited:
Ever since my sister moved to Pittsburgh I realized how great a city it actually is. It's actually a REALLY good looking city.

Pumped that the Steelers drafted James. I don't even get what Alphabets was trying to get at with his initial post.

As others have mentioned James is going to a perfect spot. Home, he is getting a possible mentor that seriously is a Steelers great that has a few more good years left. I think Heath is the perfect guy to help him with some things, mostly blocking. He is a freak with all the potential in the world.

Keeping to the topic at hand, I think that Jesse James may have gotten the best break ever. Local talk radio was a buzz on Saturday morning reporting that the Steelers were trying to trade up and the talk was that they wanted to draft Maxx Williams, the tight end from Minnesota. The trade didn't materialize and Williams was hanging around anyway until the Ravens spoiled the party making a trade to grab Williams with their pick right before the Steelers (2nd round, I believe). I thought (and told Mrs. Dibbs) that they may still get JJ - that prediction will be the last thing I get right this month.

My opinion is that Heath Miller, a true warrior for a number of years, has taken a few too many to the noggin lately and I suspect that his remaining time in the NFL may be smaller than one may think.

Hopefully Jesse can acquire the taste for blocking that his mentor has and couple that with his large stature/wing span and develop into a good tight end in the NFL.

Reactions: PSUriseANDfire
James wasn't a BAD blocker at PSU, he just had poor technique. He has the size, speed, and hands - the attributes that cannot be taught/learned. He is going to Pittsburgh and will be under the tutelage of one of the best blocking TE is the NFL... for at least 1, if not 2 years. Add in the fact that Pittsburgh's OL finally saw some progress last year and you basically have the perfect situation for James.

Not sure Miami is a fair comparison. Miami is a much, much smaller school and I know you guys like to point out all the stuff there is to do in the
burgh that takes away from attendance but Miami probably has 10x as much.

Do I really have to lay this out for you half-wits? It was a jab at Pitt for consistently questioning why a recruit would ever attend a university such as Penn State when there is so much more to do in the cultural mecca known as Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.

Nearly every PSU thread of theirs references cows and trees, and boasts about how much better their city is for a student rather than State College.

Take your heads out of your a$$es and wake up. Or, I'm going to have to take my sarcasm stick and slap you all in the face with it.

Also, kudos to the moron who felt it necessary to point out that James is from Pittsburgh. Congratulations on winning the 2015 Obvious Award. You can pick up your trophy at one the art museum in the cultural district of Pittsburgh. There may be a wait however, I hear the lines are heavy with former, current and 2016/2017 Pitt Panther players/recruits.

#Morons

Do I really have to lay this out for you half-wits? It was a jab at Pitt for consistently questioning why a recruit would ever attend a university such as Penn State when there is so much more to do in the cultural mecca known as Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.

Nearly every PSU thread of theirs references cows and trees, and boasts about how much better their city is for a student rather than State College.

Take your heads out of your a$$es and wake up. Or, I'm going to have to take my sarcasm stick and slap you all in the face with it.

Also, kudos to the moron who felt it necessary to point out that James is from Pittsburgh. Congratulations on winning the 2015 Obvious Award. You can pick up your trophy at one the art museum in the cultural district of Pittsburgh. There may be a wait however, I hear the lines are heavy with former, current and 2016/2017 Pitt Panther players/recruits.

#Morons

The jab makes no sense in any logical way. Glad you are on a higher level of intelligence and understanding of your own sense of humor that makes no sense and makes even less sense when you try to explain it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT