ADVERTISEMENT

Football James Franklin Tuesday presser - Iowa

Also... going back to players that Franklin highlighted for Iowa...

OFFENSE: RB Jaziun Patterson, RB Leshon Williams, TE Erick All
DEFENSE: DB Cooper DeJean, DE Joe Evans, LB Jay Higgins, DT Logan lee, DB Quinn Schulte
ST: Cooper DeJean, P Tory Taylor, KR Kaden Wetjen

Allar not a rookie anymore. Firsts are over.
Franklin did note yes, "We're done with the first-time stuff." when asked about Drew starting his first White Out game. Went onto say that he wants the team to take in the atmosphere for 30 seconds once they get on the field before kickoff, but then it goes back to execution.

Asked about DEs numbers being low. Good team defense. Pressure causing turnovers.

Second mention of just learning to win games in different ways.

Reactions: NedFromYork
Asked about DEs numbers being low. Good team defense. Pressure causing turnovers.

Second mention of just learning to win games in different ways.
" I think our defense understands and respects, and I know our DBs respect that most of the turnovers came from the result of pressuring the quarterback."

Reactions: lazydave841
Franklin on the cornerback's room and Terry Smith...

"It's amazing how much honesty there is in that room. He has created that culture in that room, I don't see much of that in today's day and age."

Reactions: NedFromYork
Franklin on Kaden Saunders. "He's really starting to build confidence and acquire strength. The big thing for him as a true freshman was he was undersized and needed the time in the weight room. Now he's undersized, but he's got the strength and the confidence to go out and play the way we need him on play."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT