ADVERTISEMENT

James Franklin sounds optimistic note at QB ahead of Ohio State clash: Wednesday notebook

Penn State head coach James Franklin updated the injury status of his starting QB, among other topics, Wednesday.

Thought his answer was genuine to Ben Jones’s question near the end of the presser regarding balancing his goals for the team and his future.

Thought his answer was genuine to Ben Jones’s question near the end of the presser regarding balancing his goals for the team and his future.
The quote below is someone’s post on Twitter regarding Franklin’s answer to that question and I pretty much agree with this post.

“No idea what is going on behind the scenes but I interpret this answer as he is trying to negotiate everything he can for himself, assistants, team, facilities, recruiting/staff and likely dealing with boosters/Board all while using leverage.”

I believe Jimmy boy is overpaid. There are others who accomplish much more with far less. He is under performing period but now again he is trying to pad his pockets under the disguise of doing better for others in the program.

The quote below is someone’s post on Twitter regarding Franklin’s answer to that question and I pretty much agree with this post.

“No idea what is going on behind the scenes but I interpret this answer as he is trying to negotiate everything he can for himself, assistants, team, facilities, recruiting/staff and likely dealing with boosters/Board all while using leverage.”
Okay, I can understand that, and it may be true (though we don't know for sure).

But, in the meantime, Coach, please maintain "leverage" by tending to your day job and winning games. This once promising season is on the ropes.

I believe Jimmy boy is overpaid. There are others who accomplish much more with far less. He is under performing period but now again he is trying to pad his pockets under the disguise of doing better for others in the program.
He has a couple more years. The incoming recruiting class has some great players. If they pan out he gets an extension. If they flop, he is gone.

Reactions: N&B4PSU
He has a couple more years. The incoming recruiting class has some great players. If they pan out he gets an extension. If they flop, he is gone.
Wrong. He needs to go now. .MAYBE you give him next year but if he goes 7-5 again then thats it.

You've got some strong opinions for a new poster (joined 2 months ago).

In the interest of disclosure, did you previously post here under another screen name? If so, what?
Who cares bud. Your kind is in the minority these days. Most of us want Franklin gone and there ain't jack you can do about it.

“Jimmy boy” 🙄

Who cares bud. Your kind is in the minority these days. Most of us want Franklin gone and there ain't jack you can do about it.
So you don't even have the strength of your conviction to answer a question about your past history on this board? Doesn't help your credibility.

“Bud” “Your kind” 🙄

Most of us? We can‘t do jack about it? So a bunch of people spewing about Franklin on the interwebs is going to get him out of here? That’s how it works?

The anti-Franklin movement has spoken on an interwebs message board. Sandy undoubtedly will take notice and act.

🙄 🙄 🙄

Last edited:
Okay, I can understand that, and it may be true (though we don't know for sure).

But, in the meantime, Coach, please maintain "leverage" by tending to your day job and winning games. This once promising season is on the ropes.

This season is done effectively. Going to from 5-0 and #4 to the pretty much inevitable 5-3 and unranked will mark this season going off the cliff.

In the unlikely event they pull a rabbit out of the hat in Columbus there’s a straight forward and simple path to winning the east but I can’t see it happening.

Please tell me who accomplishes much more with far less….this ought to be good.
Your Franklin homerism is reaching epic proportions…more with less? You mean like having 1 win vs OSU in 8 years dispute having double digit leads and the best PSU offense since 1994 and the once in a generation back? I’m just confused as to what more with less constitutes in your mind.

Seems like there is a real problem with concentration with Franklin. Said that his full focus this week was on Illinois and called the Horsehoe the Big House. (Don't know how he could coach in the Big Ten for about 8 years and confuse Illinois with OSU and the Big House with the Horsehoe.)

Your Franklin homerism is reaching epic proportions…more with less? You mean like having 1 win vs OSU in 8 years dispute having double digit leads and the best PSU offense since 1994 and the once in a generation back? I’m just confused as to what more with less constitutes in your mind.
Who’s had more than 11 wins in three of five seasons with less? Just curious.

That’s how I see.

Your kind is in the minority these days. Most of us want Franklin gone
Who is "us" and on what data do you base these statements? I know that you can find quite a few who feel the same way but the majority of who? Posters on this board? Alumni? You and your neighbors?

Seems like there is a real problem with concentration with Franklin. Said that his full focus this week was on Illinois and called the Horsehoe the Big House. (Don't know how he could coach in the Big Ten for about 8 years and confuse Illinois with OSU and the Big House with the Horsehoe.)
Well, good to see you are focusing on the really important things.

He is probably still drunk. I know if I was the HC of that abomination last week, I'd we hammered for multiple days.

Wrong. He needs to go now. .MAYBE you give him next year but if he goes 7-5 again then thats it. As
I’m a firm believer that you don’t get rid of a good coach unless you already Have a great coach lined up. We all believe that the PSU job is a destination job, I’m not so sure that the rest of the college football world agrees.

Who is "us" and on what data do you base these statements? I know that you can find quite a few who feel the same way but the majority of who? Posters on this board? Alumni? You and your neighbors?

It would be worth it for PSU to pull the upset over Tosu just to see all the pissed off assholes here trying to explain how Franklin still sucks butt nuggets.

ADVERTISEMENT