ADVERTISEMENT

James Franklin over the last 3 seasons

gxLAWk2.gif

Will not give an "Amen". If you were happy with this year's performance, so be it. Did we get better as the Season advanced? I'm not so sure about that.

Will not give an "Amen". If you were happy with this year's performance, so be it. Did we get better as the Season advanced? I'm not so sure about that.

I think we did. The defense was much better at the end of the season and yes so was the offense , once Trace got healthy again.
Special teams....well now that’s a different story.

Dammit, we deserve undefeated seasons every year...I mean we did it 24 years ago, so we certainly should expect it now!

The 4th quarter collapses in Rose bowl and two games against O$U are so maddening. I do love the man and the recruiter but I really don't think he yet scares people like UM, Babo, or that guy down in Alabama.
Urban escaped Penn State by the skin of his teeth in 2014, 2017, and 2018, and lost in 2016. I don't think there's another coach in the conference who has done as well against Urban and OSU as Franklin's teams have.

Urban escaped Penn State by the skin of his teeth in 2014, 2017, and 2018, and lost in 2016. I don't think there's another coach in the conference who has done as well against Urban and OSU as Franklin's teams have.
Losing is still losing. The Cat needs to learn how to coach and instill the necessary confidence to get his teams to finish

The 4th quarter collapses in Rose bowl and two games against O$U are so maddening. I do love the man and the recruiter but I really don't think he yet scares people like UM, Babo, or that guy down in Alabama.
Our line was decimated by injuries that year and especially that game. Yeah and a special thanks to Manny & Saeed. Most people don't event realize how special it is just to play in that bowl win or lose, plus to play and win in the Fiesta Bowl the following year.
I've seen Joepa do less with more, but that was a more patient PSU fan base.

Our records in 2016 (11-3), 2017 (11-2) and 2018 (9-4) add up to 31-9, not 31-8. 2016 and 2017 were breakthrough years, this year was a disappointment and 2 strange calls in bowl game, being aggressive when you didn't have to (fake punt) giving up 3 point difference in game, and being inexplicably conservative (4thand 6) when the game was there to be won with a QB who has a knack for delivering ala Iowa game has me concerned. The way the 5 Penn State recruits played in Under Armour game may make all this moot--we may have so much talent, that we may start to soar. 2018 was hard to figure out, the way so many senior and junior players dropped balls and underperformed around McSorely-- and freshmen showed poise. Maybe new start will be good.

ADVERTISEMENT