ADVERTISEMENT

Jacob Warner is the REAL DEAL

Surprised you haven't started a thread about it.

Come on Turk, after all these years you should know me better then that. I much prefer to bump up previous discussions when the timing is right ;)

btw, with all this discussion of development of blue chip recruits, what do you call it when a wrestler starts losing to people he use to beat, anti-development?

Last edited:
Come on Turk, after all these years you should me better then that. I much prefer to bump up previous discussions when the timing is right ;)

btw, with all this discussion of development of blue chip recruits, what do you call it when a wrestler starts losing to people he use to beat, anti-development?
Development of regression.

Come on Turk, after all these years you should me better then that. I much prefer to bump up previous discussions when the timing is right ;)

I call it a reason to redshirt him.

A long bus ride, the flu, and average officials?

No, that one is taken.

If Warner does start this year, I will root for him to take out Kollin Moore in an early round in Cleveland. As improbably as that might seem right now.

If Warner does start this year, I will root for him to take out Kollin Moore in an early round in Cleveland. As improbably as that might seem right now.
In a perfect world Warner takes Moore out in an early round, losses to Cassar in the semis and takes Moore out again.

Warner has had several close matches with Woodley. He wrestled poorly Saturday and it cost him. Staring at the clock, stall call, being defensive cost him the match. Props to Woodley for not giving up. JW has beaten both Oklahoma 97 pounders already this year btw. Me thinks Warner will learn from that tough loss just like Mark Hall did last year.

Woodley is tough and he is also a TF who will be around for 4-5 years. Why was Warner staring at the clock? Gassed? Just curious as I didn't see the match.

Why are Iowa fans commenting on what happened a year ago at a PA high school tourney? Why do they feel qualified to evaluate the meaning of something they were't there to see or hear?

I've seen a number of standing O's over the years at PIAA states. Someone earlier mentioned Matt Ciasulli's bout. He wrestled Brian Sticca of Greensburg-Salem. It was Ciasulli's 3rd state title, but the O was for both wrestlers who both shot everything for the length of the bout - an OT win by Ciasulli. It was simply one of the greatest bouts in the history of the PIAA finals.

Heck one of my boys got a standing O from about half the stadium in Hershey one year when he lost a semi-final bout. He was wrestling Ray Brinzer who was a 3xer, and was tied 8-8 in the 3rd period before losing. He lost and got a standing O. In the semis! Take that, vodka sucker.

If people at the Iowa state championships have never given anyone a standing ovation as was stated earlier by an Iowa fan, then they should come to PA to watch some real wrestling, not that sleep-inducing style they teach in corn country.

It was a good match. Warner didn't get through the head and hands as well as usual. Both guys are very tough. I was having some fun with the comments, but anybody can see the young man has a very bright future in the sport. I think he could AA this year, but probably needs the redshirt if he hopes to catch Moore.

Reactions: minnhawkeye
Warner is a very talented wrestler, one that has the potential to be a high AA, if not champ. Our current guy is pretty good too, and the recruit coming in is not bad either. Strap it on, and may the best wrestler win!!

Vodka, I love your enthusiasm but Lee, Warner and PD3 would get you a distant 3rd place this year.

I concur...think you are spot on. I think it's you (PSU), Ohio State and then everyone else this year no matter who Iowa, Okie or anyone else puts on the mats. Cael and company have been doing an amazing job, and I just don't see their stranglehold at the top changing in the foreseeable future (at least 3-4 years) the way your current lineup, JVs and recruits are looking. Kudos to you guys..I know it's nice being on top.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT