ADVERTISEMENT

Jacob Warner is the REAL DEAL

Sportfan2017

Gold Member
Jun 28, 2017
True freshman Jacob Warner of Iowa just beat #3 ranked Willie Miklus 16-7 ...and it wasn't even that close. Miklus scored a flash takedown and the other when Warner got a cradle and lost grip as he was pulling him over. Very Impressive. He is going to be a force......the Hawkeyes got a great one.

Last edited:
True freshman Jacob Warner of Iowa just beat #3 ranked Willie Miklus 16-7 ...and it wasn't even that close. Miklus scored a flash takedown and the other when Warner got a cradle and lost grip out as he was pulling him over. Very Impressive. He is going to be a force......the Hawkeyes got a great one.
Warner is a tremendous recruit for them and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if he has the best career for a Hawk since Metcalf. Probably needs a little mat work like all freshman which will not be hard at that weight as there aren't many top hammers there and after his RS he will be a NC contender. Just has to avoid the Brands making him HATE WRESTLING!!!?!! and all he will have a great career.;)

True freshman Jacob Warner of Iowa just beat #3 ranked Willie Miklus 16-7 ...and it wasn't even that close. Miklus scored a flash takedown and the other when Warner got a cradle and lost grip out as he was pulling him over. Very Impressive. He is going to be a force......the Hawkeyes got a great one.

#freeleeandwarner
#Warnerbeatsmoore
#Leebeatsnatoandsuriano

Warner is a tremendous recruit for them and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if he has the best career for a Hawk since Metcalf. Probably needs a little mat work like all freshman which will not be hard at that weight as there aren't many top hammers there and after his RS he will be a NC contender. Just has to avoid the Brands making him HATE WRESTLING!!!?!! and all he will have a great career.;)
Better than McDonuogh?

Reactions: dicemen99
For the squeekers sake he best be done growing. Not much body fat or muscle on him at all. Not alot of wiggle room with a 97lb'er with Cass maning 285.

Last edited:

Don't worry, the Brands boyz will be there to tell him how much of a blast he is having should he forget.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Brian LB-U
Iowa has a very real chance to win it this year if Lee, Warner, and Downey are in the lineup. Things could get interesting this season.
Now there is a WFL bet I will gladly take.
If they pull the shirts and Downey finds his way through admissions and into a Hawk singlet we can have a friendly wager.

Iowa has a very real chance to win it this year if Lee, Warner, and Downey are in the lineup. Things could get interesting this season.
We've been through this already on HR. If everything breaks according to your hopes and dreams, the Hawks may get 110 points this year. That's with Lee, PD3, and Warner in the lineup. Where do your other 30 points come from to vie for a title?

I am trying to get a wager here and you guys are telling him to stop and think for a minute.

Would you guys stop that!?

LOL!

I did see that Lee weighed in, but without really checking results it seems he did not wrestle yet, correct? I guess I assume redshirtting allows weighins as long as you don’t actually wrestle, am I correct?

Reactions: nitlion6
True freshman Jacob Warner of Iowa just beat #3 ranked Willie Miklus 16-7 ...and it wasn't even that close. Miklus scored a flash takedown and the other when Warner got a cradle and lost grip as he was pulling him over. Very Impressive. He is going to be a force......the Hawkeyes got a great one.
Don't have a dog in this fight. Wish Warner and Iowa the best. Loved the Gable years never been a hater. Miklus looked awful reminded me of Hall's win over number three ranked Kent. Watching Hall you were stunned that he could trash such a highly ranked opponent. Turns out Kent would go on to accomplish literally nothing at the Nationals. Hall went on to do ok Warner probably will as well but this was a win over someone with nothing going on at all.

Don't have a dog in this fight. Wish Warner and Iowa the best. Loved the Gable years never been a hater. Miklus looked awful reminded me of Hall's win over number three ranked Kent. Watching Hall you were stunned that he could trash such a highly ranked opponent. Turns out Kent would go on to accomplish literally nothing at the Nationals. Hall went on to do ok Warner probably will as well but this was a win over someone with nothing going on at all.
Just a 2x AA.

Both of Mikus' AAs were at 184 so he is a bit of an unknown at this weight.

Last edited:
He's no Michael Beard.

Welp, vodka came over here for reactions, and he's gettin' 'em! Haha. He's turning into quite an accomplished troll. At the same time, I'd love for Brands to go all in and start pulling shirts. Use up a year of eligibility when they have zero chance at a title.

I don't think Lee and Warner make Iowa a title contender, but they certainly would generate excitement in the program (recruiting). I think they should go (Lee only if 100%).

Welp, vodka came over here for reactions, and he's gettin' 'em! Haha. He's turning into quite an accomplished troll. At the same time, I'd love for Brands to go all in and start pulling shirts. Use up a year of eligibility when they have zero chance at a title.

Yeah, the premise, borrowed from a particularly enthusiastic poster (as you may have seen), is that the Hawkeyes could have 5 finalists if Lee, PD3, and Warner are in the lineup.

I'll agree that 5 finalists will put anyone in great position to win a title most years. In November, though, it is premature to make that kind of speculation when talking about unknown quantities. Lee and Warner are awesome, but neither has established anything in D1 folkstyle . . . yet. PD3? Everyone knows not to count that egg until it hatches. I'll be much more interested in this speculation in late January and/or February -- especially after their dual with tOSU.

In the meantime -- for selfish fan purposes -- I, too, hope they use Lee and Warner this year.

Don't be too hard on Vodka for this one. An Iowa team with Lee, Warner, PD3 (with healthy ribs) would vie for a title most years. Just not this year with 2 of the most stacked teams ever.

Reactions: diggerpup
Yeah, the premise, borrowed from a particularly enthusiastic poster (as you may have seen), is that the Hawkeyes could have 5 finalists if Lee, PD3, and Warner are in the lineup.

I'll agree that 5 finalists will put anyone in great position to win a title most years. In November, though, it is premature to make that kind of speculation when talking about unknown quantities. Lee and Warner are awesome, but neither has established anything in D1 folkstyle . . . yet. PD3? Everyone knows not to count that egg until it hatches. I'll be much more interested in this speculation in late January and/or February -- especially after their dual with tOSU.

In the meantime -- for selfish fan purposes -- I, too, hope they use Lee and Warner this year.
Let's just say, for sh!ts and giggles, that they do end up with 5 finalists. How many would win, MAYBE 1? Plus, Stoll isn't who they think he is. Marinelli at 165? Nope, not this year. 133, 141? Nope. 174? Nope. Free Lee! Free Warner! Drop Murin to 133, then free him too! 4th place, maybe 3rd if Michigan and the Pokes wet the bed.

LOL!

I did see that Lee weighed in, but without really checking results it seems he did not wrestle yet, correct? I guess I assume redshirtting allows weighins as long as you don’t actually wrestle, am I correct?
Correct. Lee can travel with team, he can weigh in before a meet and sit in uniform with the team. As long as he does not compete as a representative of Iowa the shirt remains intact.
I would have sworn Lee and Warner were definite redshirts. After the 125 results in the IC Duals and Warner's performance yesterday I am beginning to think the shirts are coming off January 5th possibly, January 14th almost for sure.

Reactions: andegre
Iowa has a very real chance to win it this year if Lee, Warner, and Downey are in the lineup. Things could get interesting this season.[/QUO
PSU is only favored at 2 of their possible 5 finalist. With zero points at 25 and 33, low AA-R12 at 141and 197, and a mid to low AA with Nevills.
Stretching to say that Hall or Joseph are underdogs, but thats where you are going.

BTW, who is the favorite over Nickal? Please, please tell me you are referring to Downey, lolololololololololololol.....

PSU is only favored at 2 of their possible 5 finalist. With zero points at 25 and 33, low AA-R12 at 141and 197, and a mid to low AA with Nevills.

It's easy to kid yourself when you look at Iowa in an absolute best case scenario and Penn State at it's worst but even then, what about tOSU, are they going to severely underperform also? Iowa winning this year is a pipe dream even with their best lineup.

Last edited:
Reactions: nitlion6
So assuming Zain and Nolf are favored, how is Nickal not favored? Because MyMar is 2 and 4 against him? (Not 2 out of 4 mind you). Because he has “noodle arms” and Downey is going to crush him?

Again, lowest possible expectations for the team that has peaked best in March under Cael. Nevills ranked 3rd and just beat last year’s 3rd placer and all of a sudden he’s sliding to 5th or lower just because

Nevills has Kasper today so we will see how the rubber match goes. Those hwt's from 3-7 are all going to be 1 pt matches so cant really predict thos results. Bo is the favorite over anyone in the field, but probably a underdog vs the field.

Nevills has Kasper today so we will see how the rubber match goes. Those hwt's from 3-7 are all going to be 1 pt matches so cant really predict thos results. Bo is the favorite over anyone in the field, but probably a underdog vs the field.
So if you are picking one person most likely to win 184. Who you got?

125- Iowa +25
133- Iowa +4
141- Even w/Lee, Iowa +6
149- PSU +8
157- PSU +6
165- PSU +6
174- PSU +18
184- PSU +6
197- Iowa +14
hwt- PSU +4

Looks like Iowa by 1 point at Nationals!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT