Jack Del Rio made a mistake.

LafayetteBear

Dec 1, 2009
He should have been posting his views here on this Board, and he would have saved himself $100,000 and had a whole lot of fellow Trumpistas applauding his remarks. Too late now for THAT.

To be clear, I think he has every right to come out with the views he did. That's why we have a First Amendment. I would only add that Del Rio works in the entertainment business (the NFL, after all, is an entertainment business), and his team plays in a market that is heavily African American. His employer has every right to be concerned about not offending its customer base.

Del Rio's players are also largely African American. He could have been more judicious in terms of when and where he made his remarks.

Reactions: maypole

Pardlion

Nov 10, 2014
He should have been posting his views here on this Board, and he would have saved himself $100,000 and had a whole lot of fellow Trumpistas applauding his remarks. Too late now for THAT.

To be clear, I think he has every right to come out with the views he did. That's why we have a First Amendment. I would only add that Del Rio works in the entertainment business (the NFL, after all, is an entertainment business), and his team plays in a market that is heavily African American. His employer has every right to be concerned about not offending its customer base.

Del Rio's players are also largely African American. He could have been more judicious in terms of when and where he made his remarks.

How could anyone be critical of the mostly peaceful protests.

Lion8286

Sep 1, 2008
How could anyone be critical of the mostly peaceful protests.

CNN-Mostly-Peaceful.jpg

Pardlion

Nov 10, 2014
I'm sorry that the January 6 Committee reports have you so severely TRIGGERED.

Ok, not really. In fact, it's funny as hell. Woot! Two blue guys. 🙋‍♂️🙋‍♂️
Also, to correct your riff on why we have the first amendment, this situation is not an example. This is just a private contract matter. That said, I’ll bet what happened was “hey jack, we’re “fining you 100k. But the good news is your bonus will be 150k heavier”.

Reactions: razpsu

Gnat91

Dec 28, 2016
Jacksonville FL.
These millionaires need to grow a sack. Don't apologize for what you believe and tell the Twitter crowd to eat a dick. This dude doesn't need a job, guy's got more money than he needs.

Petch

Mar 28, 2012

Ya know…the hearings could have actually had some credibility if Republicans were allowed to pick their representatives for the committee. Unfortunately, Pelosi and the Dems shut that down and turned the proceedings into partisan theater.

Glad you’re enjoying it.

ram2020

Jul 29, 2013

I appreciate the fact you think he had the right to say what he said, that puts you in a pretty finite category for your party these days. He can say what he wants and his team can discipline him accordingly. Now the fact that kapernik wears socks depicting cops as pigs doesn't draw the ire of his team, but the NFL like a lot of institutions long ago planted their flag about what was "appropriate speech."

Reactions: GulfCoastLion

SheldonJoe2215

Oct 3, 2015
Portland, OR

I think you would be surprised how few actually read the reports or watched the coverage. It's difficult to be triggered by something that you are indifferent to - that's a job for the Lefties.

Reactions: GulfCoastLion

m.knox

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2003

LOL...

Authoritarian rule or bust. Comply. By threat of force or penalty......

The woke mob....

LioninHouston

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2005

It shouldn’t have triggered anyone. There was nothing new.

Dzapper

May 5, 2019

Del Rio's players are also largely African American.
He could have been more judicious in terms of when and where he made his remarks.

1. The 1st Amendment prohibits the government from infringing on an individual's right of free speech. This was a private employer's action. Why mention the 1st Amendment? Are you using lawyer speak to make yourself look smart? Note to Chubby: you're a probate lawyer, get over yourself.

2. Your comments about people in the entertainment industry reveal your belief that such people shouldn't be allowed to say anything that hints of them supporting anything conservative. And, that Rivera was justified in punishing him for speaking his mind. Really? How about all the Leftist Hollywood "stars" who speak out all the time for leftist/commie causes? Should their studios fine them or blackball them ]oh wait, only conservatives get blackballed in Hollywood.] Leftists: if it weren't for double standards, they'd have no standards at all.

3. Your comments about Blacks ] fans and players] assume that all Blacks are against diversity of political thinking and that they will be offended by an NLF coach expressing a conservative thoughts. Geez, that sounds a lot like, "if you don't support Leftist group think, you ain't Black."

4. You're a dumbass twat. Just a general thought on my behalf. Did I just forfeit my chance at coaching in the NFL?

Last edited:
Reactions: summitlion1

LioninHouston

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2005
1. The 1st Amendment prohibits the government from infringing on an individual's right of free speech. This was a private employer's actions Why mention the 1st Amendment? Are you using lawyer speak to make yourself look smart? Note to Chubby: you're a probate lawyer, get over yourself.

2. Your comments about people in the entertainment industry reveal your belief that such people shouldn't be allowed to say anything that hints of them supporting anything conservative. And, that Rivera was justified in punishing him for speaking his mind. Really? How about all the Leftist Hollywood "stars" who speak out all the time for leftist/commie causes? Should their studios fine them or blackball them ]oh wait, only conservatives get blackballed in Hollywood.] Leftists: if it weren't for double standards, they'd have no standards at all.

3. Your comments about Blacks ] fans and players] assume that all Blacks are against diversity of political thinking and that they will be offended by an NLF coach expressing a conservative thoughts. Geez, that sounds a lot like, "if you don't support Leftist group think, you ain't Black."

4. You're a dumbass twat. Just a general thought on my behalf. Did I just forfeit my chance at coaching in the NFL?
I can’t imagine why the Dims are losing their hold on people of color.

Reactions: Dzapper

bdgan

May 29, 2008

Free speech is only acceptable in woke America if you're looting or taking a knee during the National Anthem. Del Rio should have known this.

Lion8286

Sep 1, 2008
1. The 1st Amendment prohibits the government from infringing on an individual's right of free speech. This was a private employer's actions Why mention the 1st Amendment? Are you using lawyer speak to make yourself look smart? Note to Chubby: you're a probate lawyer, get over yourself.

Wait, @LafayetteBear is a probate lawyer? The guy who acts all high and mighty like he's F. Lee Bailey? lol

Reactions: Dzapper

BW Lion

Apr 9, 2020
Wait, @LafayetteBear is a probate lawyer? The guy who acts all high and mighty like he's F. Lee Bailey? lol
And he’s one of the less valued EA’s in the hamlet known as Lafayette, CA.

He can’t even afford dedicated office space. He meets clients at either Starbucks or Carl’s Jr.

Last edited:

ao5884

Oct 1, 2019
What a world we live in when you get fined for making a true statement. This is why liberalism is known as a cancer.

ChiTownLion

May 29, 2001
Bumped into Mike Tice and his wife at ESPN Zone in NYC maybe 15 years ago. Great people. They introduced me to their friend Jack Del Rio who was happy to talk about PSU, USC & JoePa. Hung out for a couple hours, was surprised how down to earth they all were.

With that said...

Fac

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2001
Bumped into Mike Tice and his wife at ESPN Zone in NYC maybe 15 years ago. Great people. They introduced me to their friend Jack Del Rio who was happy to talk about PSU, USC & JoePa. Hung out for a couple hours, was surprised how down to earth they all were.

With that said...

So Jack Del Rio gets scolded by Ron Rivera for expressing his comments and then Ron Rivera proceeds to express his comments. I guess this is how the left operates. Does this give everyone a warm and cozy feeling?
If so, then you are a sheep.

nitanee123

Nov 27, 2001

He can’t even afford dedicated office space. He meets clients at either Starbucks or Carl’s Jr.

If not Starbucks then where? He can’t meet at his house….the driveway is cracked and lifting.

BicyclePete

May 29, 2001

Or in the back of a Chinese beauty salon. Better call Lafayette!

DandyDonII

Oct 16, 2002
what are the chances Rivera actually watched the 1/6 prime time special? And how anyone actually believes Schiff and crew about anything is beyond me at this point. Dems should have put other faces up there besides the guy who was complicit with two years of bogus Russia investigations, always insisting he knew more than what was currently released information wise.

I thought the WSJ did a good editorial on it, pointing out the positive and negatives about the comission. However, how can any investigation be taken seriously when some of the most serious allegations (Trump saying that perhaps Pence should be hanged for example) was based on anonymous statements. This is akin to the report put out by Freeh accusing Paterno of all sorts of crap with aononymous sources.

Reactions: ChiTownLion and Fac

sunset43

Gold Member
Jan 27, 2006

F him and the rest of you treasonous Trumpists. Will he call himself King? tsar? What I love most about concerns with your freedom and what you Republicans and in particular Trumpists,are concerned about is taking away everyone’s freedom .It will be fine for you when it goes your way, but when it does not, YOU WILL HAVE NO SAY. Your vote will no longer count. The only ones that will benefit in our new Authoritarian state, will be the American Oligarchs. The funny thing is the people who real really suffer the most are his most ardent supporters. I believe in democracy, a country that cares for all of its citizens.

sunset43

Gold Member
Jan 27, 2006
What a world we live in when you get fined for making a true statement. This is why liberalism is known as a cancer.
Jan. 6 was a dust up? The planning and riot are treason of a magnitude that this country has never seen before. The riots were criminal actions, And should be punished to the to the max.They were not however treasonous acts to bring down the government of United States. There’s more than a little difference in those two situations.

Last edited:

dailybuck777

Jan 2, 2018
Jan. 6 was a dust up? The planning and riot are treason of a magnitude that this country has never seen before
Pure ignorance. You may want to check out the insurrections in the summer of 2020 and what is happening in Portland now. May want to update your knowledge about the intelligence agency coup attempt that went on for 20 months.

dailybuck777

Jan 2, 2018
(Trump saying that perhaps Pence should be hanged for example) was based on anonymous statements.
Haven't watched any of this because I know it isn't credible when Schiff is involved. Still hard to believe such as a serious accusation is trumpeted so widely and based on ANONYMOUS accusations.

sunset43

Gold Member
Jan 27, 2006
Haven't watched any of this because I know it isn't credible when Schiff is involved. Still hard to believe such as a serious accusation is trumpeted so widely and based on ANONYMOUS accusations.
These are not Anonymous accusations. These are all Republican higher-ups in the Trump administration. There is not one Democrat is a witness, they are all Republicans and all have been involved in what took place. I have no idea where you got the idea that this was anonymous, totally untrue

DJ Spanky

Jul 25, 2001
Pure ignorance. You may want to check out the insurrections in the summer of 2020 and what is happening in Portland now. May want to update your knowledge about the intelligence agency coup attempt that went on for 20 months.

Nah, he'll just spew his venom and hatred of anything Trump.

Reactions: Hotshoe

Hotshoe

Gold Member
Feb 15, 2012
SC has got Cal beat in football. And that's about it. But you go, PPB.
Jesus, are you fos. USC is the best law school in California, also the oldest, besides UCLA and Berkeley. It also has many other great programs and one of the best history programs in America. When did you decide to become such a joke?

dailybuck777

Jan 2, 2018
These are not Anonymous accusations. These are all Republican higher-ups in the Trump administration. There is not one Democrat is a witness, they are all Republicans and all have been involved in what took place. I have no idea where you got the idea that this was anonymous, totally untrue
Read upthread. DandyDonll is a prosecutor in Calif. Why are the transcripts of Proud Boys depositions hidden. Why aren't full videos of Jan. 6 released. (Rhetorical questions -- Everyone with a brain knows the Dems are fraudulent hypocrites and stupid beyond belief)

dailybuck777

Jan 2, 2018

sunset43

Gold Member
Jan 27, 2006
Ya know…the hearings could have actually had some credibility if Republicans were allowed to pick their representatives for the committee. Unfortunately, Pelosi and the Dems shut that down and turned the proceedings into partisan theater.

Glad you’re enjoying it.
Only because those that were picked word done so because they would try to make it a totally partisan affair. If you watch this commissions it is not Partison it is trying to bring out facts. . The witnesses are all Republicans

sunset43

Gold Member
Jan 27, 2006
That’s a shame, you might actually learn something other than the propaganda that is spewed on Fox TV

Petch

Mar 28, 2012
Only because those that were picked word done so because they would try to make it a totally partisan affair. If you watch this commissions it is not Partison it is trying to bring out facts. . The witnesses are all Republicans
And the Democrats and Republicrats on this ridiculous “commission“ are not partisan?!? Are you f*&king kidding me?

Reactions: dailybuck777

Petch

Mar 28, 2012
That’s a shame, you might actually learn something other than the propaganda that is spewed on Fox TV
You mean like from the objective journalism brought forth on CNN and MSNBC? I don’t know how Rachel Maddow has time for these “hearings” in between discussion of Trump’s taxes and Russia collusion.

Reactions: dailybuck777

ao5884

Oct 1, 2019
Jan. 6 was a dust up? The planning and riot are treason of a magnitude that this country has never seen before. The riots were criminal actions, And should be punished to the to the max.They were not however treasonous acts to bring down the government of United States. There’s more than a little difference in those two situations.
Really? Apparently you didn't pay attention in history class. You can try to spin things however.....the Jan 6th riot by every measurable metric is mild compared to what leftwing riots caused. Would you like to compare the numbers? Your melodramatic BS will not change those numbers I can assure you. I'll go first

Property damage:

Jan 6th: 2.73 million

Leftwing riots: 2 billion (which is also the highest in termsxof cost in US history)

Your turn

Latest posts